Sign in to follow this  
nokialover31

How to build an hangar?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I would like to build an hangar fot my Star Wars Ships, I have only small ships (original trilogy):

x wing 7140

y wing with tie fighter of Darth Vader 7150

tie fighter (the first made, the one with black and blue parts) 7146

The question is: how could I make an hangar for these ships? I can buy a grey baseplate but hangar has smooth floor, should I buy hundreds of smotth elements to cover all the floor??

Well for a Hanger I would use. These, And if you live near a LEGO Store you might be able to find them on the PAB Wall. These, take up more space so you don't have to buy as many, but they cost more. I'd recommend buying from PAB for this brick. (Just type in 6x6 in the search engine.) And I'd recommend using 1x1-8 tiles as barrier lines. If you have any questions feel free to PM Me.

Edited by lego3364

You don't need to use tiles to get a smooth floor. With basic bricks, you can get quite far! Just take some long briks (1xn or 2xn), Build a wall of them, and then just lay that wall flat on the floor. This way, you can add a lot of details with plates as markings. This is a simple technique to create a smooth floor with basic bricks, so I hope it can help you :classic: .

I can only say the same as Beaver!

With the snot technique you can make the best hangar floor - look here

14409859421_bddb30b88e_c.jpg

The floor is build with 1x12er and 1x16er Bricks - the price for this are really ok and looks good!

(Must make a little bit advertising for me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

markus

What is I would use 2 LEGO 30225c01 joined togheter?

Yeah, you can also made it with this plates but it looks a little bit queer when you have clean parts and studet parts on the plate!

I agree with markus1984, the SNOT technique is the best way to go. Also, look at references of Rebel hangers to have a general idea of how it should be like.

Markus, I have never even heard of a DX-9, but that is a sensational photograph of sensational Lego building!

I am not expert, how does bricklink work? I usually buy on ebay.com, is it the same mechanism for bricklink?

Edited by nokialover31

I am not expert, how does bricklink work? I usually buy on ebay.com, is it the same mechanism for bricklink?

oh, dont buy on ebay - its very expensive.

When you read 10minutes and make your first order you'll see that is really simply and you get all parts in all colours!

Serch under the parts category or by colour or at country.

At the beginning i have the same problems but after some time its really easy and always great service!

Thanks markus, for example to build this hanger i would need many many piecies of different type, how can I order all of that? I can buy from many many sellers on bricklink but it would cost many shippings?!?

Thanks markus, for example to build this hanger i would need many many piecies of different type, how can I order all of that? I can buy from many many sellers on bricklink but it would cost many shippings?!?

You can search an shop with many parts and the most time the bigger shops have an very good range.

I see you from italy - the best is you buy in germany - there are many big and very good shops and the shipping ins not so expensive!

I pay from germany to austria about 4-8 euro, i think this is ok!

Dont forget, in the past you have buy expensive parts on ebay!!

For my first hanger, I would go with 2 x LEGO 30225c01, because it's easier and cheaper! in fact, how much would be explensive do a SNOT hanger of 50cm x 25 cm??

I also think that LEGO is made of things that fit togheter... so i like to have also dots in the floor to fit minifigures on them... minifigures can't just floating on the smooth floor... very unstable...and TIE fighter 7146 resting base, for example, should fit on some dots...

so I buy 2 x LEGO 30225c01 and see what happens... maybe I will do something good...

Well for a Hanger I would use. These, And if you live near a LEGO Store you might be able to find them on the PAB Wall. These, take up more space so you don't have to buy as many, but they cost more. I'd recommend buying from PAB for this brick. (Just type in 6x6 in the search engine.) And I'd recommend using 1x1-8 tiles as barrier lines. If you have any questions feel free to PM Me.

Thanks. Any suggestion on how to put them into LEGO 30225c01?

I also think that LEGO is made of things that fit togheter... so i like to have also dots in the floor to fit minifigures on them... minifigures can't just floating on the smooth floor... very unstable...and TIE fighter 7146 resting base, for example, should fit on some dots...

True, but you could integrate a few http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=87087 or http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=11211 in your floor, so you have some studs on top...

Edited by Rodion

OK, I bought about 160 euro of tiles and baseplates on bricklink, now I wait for shipping :D

I feel not ready for SNOT tecnique, even if I admit it's very nice.

If you want to ease into using SNOT, a good way to do it is to use SNOT for something small in a small build.

1.jpg

That back wall with the short white stripes is a SNOTed wall. It is attached with 1x2 Technic bricks with 2 holes, interfacing with 1x2 plates (For more pictures showing how this is done, see the SoNE Freebuild "Desk Job": http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93115&hl=desk). This was the first time I had ever used SNOT in a significant way, and it was both simple and a great way to teach myself this useful technique.

Hey, if markus1984 can promote his creations, I can too, right? :innocent:

I bought many many tiles (mostly gray, red, yellow, white...) and 4 gray baseplates (2 with all studs and 2 with 2 streets inside). The will be the floor of my imperial and rebel's hangers. Maybe i will order some pieces for a structure above the ships? like bridges above where minifigures can walk trought

I bought many many tiles (mostly gray, red, yellow, white...) and 4 gray baseplates (2 with all studs and 2 with 2 streets inside). The will be the floor of my imperial and rebel's hangers. Maybe i will order some pieces for a structure above the ships? like bridges above where minifigures can walk trought

Maybe using these or these.

Lego3364 nice pieces! You are defenively killing my financial resources!! Very nice structures to build gates above the hangers' floor!! :classic::wink:

Your Welcome, hope they will look good in your hangar.