Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

Battle for the Fountain of Youth

[pid][/pid] 256A

Hey guys

I'm mostly a Castle builder and I'm very active in the Guilds of Historica forum too. However, the Jolly Roger Contest 3.5 over at forbiddencove.com inspired me to finally jump into the pirate theme. I have done a build before, for the team building contest (with Soccerkid), but it was a fort and so completely different from this.

Here I present you:

Battle for the Fountain of Youth

14757926302_4c7a98a8b3_c.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Simon

Falling troops seems to be a thing these days... pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice work, the jungle feeling is dense.

Keep it up!

Regards,

KB

Great work on vegetation and rock... and water of course!

The baby monkey is a great addition, but that baby tiger... lol

The action is greatly rendered. Congratulations.

Thank you. It's actually the first time I put a Friends element really in a normal themed build and I think it fits well pirate_wink.gif.

Very good - I like the approach of having a rock with three differently coloured segments.

The battle scene is also exciting!

Thank you!

Falling troops seems to be a thing these days... pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice work, the jungle feeling is dense.

Keep it up!

Regards,

KB

Thanks pirate_classic.gif. Yes, falling troops makes everything better, so why don't put some in there pirate_laugh_new.gif?

I hope to build more pirate builds in the future, I really enjoyed it.

This looks really nice and wasn't the Fountain of Youth in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

This looks really nice and wasn't the Fountain of Youth in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

Thanks mate! Yes, it actually is. I haven't know it before I built this MOC (I only watched the first movie and because the second was so bad I didn't even take a look at 3 and 4), but after I completed this build, I just had to watch it...

Well done, I like the different colors throughout the rock structure.

I first thought it was dark tan you used on the lower rocks but I'm not completely sure now, is it old dark gray maybe?

I'm mostly a Castle builder and I'm very active in the Guilds of Historica forum too. However, the Jolly Roger Contest 3.5 over at forbiddencove.com inspired me to finally jump into the pirate theme.

Glad you could join us! I'll send word to the blogger team so they can eventually blog this wonderful creation.

Realy nice MOC.

Thank you pirate_classic.gif.

Well done, I like the different colors throughout the rock structure.

I first thought it was dark tan you used on the lower rocks but I'm not completely sure now, is it old dark gray maybe?

Thanks a lot Sebeus. It is dark tan... but you just brought me to an epic idea... dark tan + old dark grey = epic win pirate_devg1.gif.

Glad you could join us! I'll send word to the blogger team so they can eventually blog this wonderful creation.

Wow, thanks a lot Mister Phes!

Beautiful work Simon! Lots of action going on here,, Seems you miss the guns we dont have in GoH xD