pirates-indexed.gif 164D

Hi all!

Since the end of my Dark Age, one year and a half ago, I have worked on my first big creation: yes, another Black Pearl!

My work finished ten days ago, just in time for ItLUG Lecco 2014, and now I am here to present you my creation!

14529596269_52928b87ee_c.jpg

14696437832_23c573c8a7_c.jpg

14713071091_17c5d361e7_c.jpg

More pictures can be found on this Flickr gallery.

Other photo on this WIP gallery.

Sorry for the quality of the photos but I'm not a photographer!

I hope you enjoyed my work!

Very well done. I'm glad to see another creation of the BP. I've been wanting to do this myself, but I can't afford extra black bottom hull pieces. They are ridiculous on bricklink right now.

But this is definitely something for me to look at for inspiration if I ever get around to it.

Thanks for sharing.

Excellent job on making an instantly recognizable ship. Although I don't believe the movie version of the ship had any grey on the hull, I like the fact that you added it. Beyond making it a little unique, I think that it also makes the hull look a little more detailed.

In my opinion, your rigging and sails are simply superb. You did an excellent job making them look realistic, and I can only imagine how long it took.

I too am interested in the material you used on the sails.

If this is your first creation post dark-ages, then I can't wait to see your next project!

You know how much I love your work. It's just a great MOC!

I wonder how many hours you spent in making all the ropes...

Great job.

I've seen your MOC live @ITLug... wonderful!!! I've just the "small" official one :pir-blush:

Edited by Asterix69

Thank you all, guys! pirate_satisfied.gif

Rigging and sails are just awesome (would you post a tutorial?)!

You can find some step of my work on the rigging in the WIP gallery.

I tried different materials and then I decided to use different sizes of yarns of wooden model ship. I followed the bible of model ship: "Rigging - Period ship models" by Lennarth Petersson.

How many hours? Too many...

I too am interested in the material you used on the sails.

Nothing special for the sails: only 1 EUR of common material easy to find in local shops.

I'm proud of the result but this kind of textile is not easy to sew. My mother did a wonderful job! pirate_wink.gif

I put at the sides of the sails some iron wire to give them the right curve.

If this is your first creation post dark-ages, then I can't wait to see your next project!

The Pearl will be the hearth of my next project.

But first I need to move into a new home... pirate_sceptic.gif

Awesome ship! The shape, sails and rigging are really spot on. I like the touch of gray you put into the black pearl... it emphazises details and gives somehow a variety to the black parts.

And your mother did an awesome job on the sails, my compliments to her! And I am glad to see the 'iron wire-technique' put to use in this ship as well!

Very nice job! So many detail! Though, the bow part is used from the original set. I actually prefer like this:

Pinnacle

The brig made by our Eurobricks member Mr. Townset. I'm showing this one because it's a very good example of a bow using various lego pieces. Maybe an idea?

Stunning work! I'm glad this got you out of your dark age!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

WOW!

Thank you! pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice job! So many detail! Though, the bow part is used from the original set. I actually prefer...

Yeah, I know, but I had no time to work on it for ItLUG Lecco 2014... pir_laugh2.gif

She has a sleek hull, I like it.

The part I like the least is the bow, ironically it has much resemblance with the original set, this ship would really be complete with some proper headrails,

I hope you consider adding those pirate_laugh2.gif .

Keep it up!

Amazing work! She looks beautiful. she seems very realistic, I like that. The rigging and sails are great.

Considering the black colour of your ship, A little bit more light would have been useful to better see the details. But I know it's difficult.

The "Petersson" seems to be a interesting textbook, thank you for sharing.

Though, the bow part is used from the original set. I actually prefer like this:

https://www.flickr.c...N07/13586815014

The brig made by our Eurobricks member Mr. Townset. I'm showing this one because it's a very good example of a bow using various lego pieces. Maybe an idea?

The part I like the least is the bow, ironically it has much resemblance with the original set, this ship would really be complete with some proper headrails,

I hope you consider adding those pirate_laugh2.gif .

Ok I did some LDD work on the bow and this is the actual result:

14983761376_784a0f8dd8_z.jpg

The Black Pearl (wip on the bow) by orfeuz77, on Flickr

What do you think?

I failed to notice you,re italian, hope to see this beautiful moc on LUCCA comics and games 2014 too!

Maybe... I'm thinking about it.

Edited by orfeuz