Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

banner.png

Introduction and discussion

The Andromeda Discovery

While official records are still scarce, the Andromeda discovery became one of our most important since the begining of space exploration. While approaching a planetary orbit during a mapping expedition of the Andromeda Galaxy, the ship was caught up in a strange gravitational anomaly. Records from the initial expedition were mostly lost, save that when the crew awoke, they found themselves in a different part of the galaxy. A second anomaly was located close to their new location, and when approached their craft was drawn in again, returning them to their original location.

When word of this new discovery reached the Galactic Command Council, the Council commissioned a number of privateers to explore this strange new phenomenon, and it wasn’t long before a number of similar anomalies were discovered. Many early ships were lost mapping these strange gravitational anomalies, until minifig scientists discovered the ‘GATE’ system. The Gravitational Anomaly Transport Engine became a core component to allow ships travelling through Andromeda galaxy to use the anomalies safely. The Gate system allowed ships to successfully match the fluctuating speeds and coordinates needed to navigate through them. The vast reduction in transport times made Andromeda’s planetary systems prime candidates for massive scale resource exploitation.

With the new GATE system tested and working, corporations were quick to retrofit these systems to their own ships, and a second resource race began. And if many corporations wanted to exploit Andromeda, only three of them had what it takes in resources and manpower to succeed in such a large expedition. In early AD 3815, they reached Andromeda and each settled in on a different planet.

To survive in this new environment, they have the absolute need of water. Luckily water is present in diverse forms in Andromeda's systems. Biomass is another key element as it provides nutrients but also research materials. And lots of metals will be needed to expand each corporation's domination over the system, and also make profits!

The Corporations

logo_1_big.png

Octan Corporation

logo_2_big.png
Kawashita Group

logo_3_big.png
M.A.N.T.I.S.

Specialized in everything, Octan Corp is the leading company in providing minifigs with everything they need.
From the outside, the company presents a smiling face. But is it the same face it shows to its competitors?

An ancient company, big and powerful but clouded in mysteries... Specialized in advanced technologies, Kawashita surpass everyone in terms of robotics and genetics. Lots of secret projects wait to be revealed...

After throwing away its violent and criminal past, the organization known as M.A.N.T.I.S. succesfully developed its activities, becoming one of the most legitimate and successful companies... But is it really true?

Goal of the game

The main goal for the corporations is to harvest the maximum of the 3 resources:

• water.png Water: Highly needed for the survival of humanity
  • awesomnium.png Awesomnium: A precious metal that is used in spaceship's construction
  • biomass.png Biomass: All sort of biological stuff to nourish employees and that scientists will study

By building on a planet, a player's corporation will receive resources and domination.png Domination points. A corporation with 30 domination.png Domination points more than the other corporations will gain control of that planet, expanding its control area and the number of planets available for building.
Resources can be used by corporations to progress on a tech tree that gives bonuses to its players.
Top level technologies will require some rare resources that can only be found on one planet of the galaxy, or that can be rewarded by challenges:

• gold.png Gold: A valuable metal with many applications in technology and science
  • copper.png Copper: An ancient metal which all stocks of were lost a long time ago
  • mithril.png Mithril: The hardest metal ever found

By building, players will also receive credits.png Credits, that can be used to buy Personal Equipment. These items provide bonuses directly to a player who owns them.

Link to the dynamic map

Mister S, founder of MicroTronics Corporation which is now a subsidiary of Kawashita Group, is employed by the group as a Driver.

17628019076_46883f1623_c.jpg

Not only is he an expert driver of any land vehicle, he also has expertise at driving people and motivating them to operate at their peak performance. His files are classified but it is rumored that he is as skilled with a blaster as he is with a drill. MicroTronics was founded as a producer of a large transport ATV for the military but soon ventured into other types of heavy machinery both military and commercial.

One of MicroTronics most popular models is its Sentinel Mech which can be customized for different uses.

17466798410_a8a7825c04_c.jpg

Edited by Mike S

Looking inderesting game! Reminds me Starcraft.

Gunman signing up for Kawashita group aswell as a Scientist :) Gonna create a sigfig till tommorow ;)

Edited by Gunman

You have to choose a job, and either provide an avatar picture or choose one of the default ones :classic:

Although I will be away for few months later this year, I like to join M.A.N.T.I.S. as Engineer

17641208961_2c788f07f9_q.jpg

Jycho Tyrus signing up for Kawashita as a Pilot. I'll post a pic of my avatar once I've photographed it.

EDIT: Just thought I'd say, this'll be split with SoNE, so I may not be too active.

EDIT 2: Also, is this anti-fleshie?

Edited by Lord Tyrus

The Lego Dwarf signing up to Kawashita as a scientist. I will post my sig-fig tonight.

Edited by the lego dwarf

The discussion and the rules contradict eachother - here it says 20 Domination Points more than other corporations to control a planet, while in the rules it says 30. Which is accurate?

The discussion and the rules contradict eachother - here it says 20 Domination Points more than other corporations to control a planet, while in the rules it says 30. Which is accurate?

It's 30... See, we proof read each thread many times, and there are still errors :blush:

Are we allowed to be a kind of hibrid-ish class? I would like to be an explorer for the Kawashita group who likes to experiment and build his own gear for exploration. So, an explorer class, but sometimes rpg as a scientist.

Are we allowed to be a kind of hibrid-ish class? I would like to be an explorer for the Kawashita group who likes to experiment and build his own gear for exploration. So, an explorer class, but sometimes rpg as a scientist.

No, we have to choose one job. But with enough credits, you'll be able to learn a second one :wink:

OK I have read everything, Boxerlego singing up for Octan Corporation as Engineer.

004_sigfig.jpg here is my sigifg

Edited by Boxerlego

I'm assuming each faction starts with a domination of a single planet? Is this correct?

No, we have to choose one job. But with enough credits, you'll be able to learn a second one :wink:

From what I understood, you can do every job but you have to have a specialization in one which you get bonus gold for when your build fits your specialization? That is not correct?

I'm assuming each faction starts with a domination of a single planet? Is this correct?

Exact, take a look at the dynamic map

From what I understood, you can do every job but you have to have a specialization in one which you get bonus gold for when your build fits your specialization? That is not correct?

Your job gives you a specialization, but you can build anything. If your build meets the criteria of your job, you'll get bonus credits.

Is there any balancing mechanism for when a team has many more active builders? A team with 13 would be at a reasonable advantage over a team of 10 at the moment, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps a small team can submit a few extra builds each week? :laugh:

There is no mechanism, but if everyone continues to join Kawashita, we'll have to take action :classic:

Well, given that I have lots of dark red and no Octan logos, I'd better get in on the ground floor! I could loosely manage MANTIS if necessary, but Kawashita is definitely going to be easier for me to build consistently.

So here is Commander Turtle, ace driver, checking in for duty. He's a hardened battle hero, but since the ambush which claimed his arm he has never quite been the same. He is most often accompanied by Lieutenant Okura, a rising star in the company who helps keep his temper in check. He has a lot of pride, but those who contradict him successfully will earn his respect.

OFKLf85.jpg

The avatar pic:

8azEB44.jpg

Edited by Commander Turtle

Just to check... Everyone knows that you can choose a player name different from your EB account name?

Octan seems to be underrepresented. This cannot stand. All hail Lord Business.

I submit my application to be an Octan Explorer.

17666977662_d7f5b54f55_t.jpg

Edited by pombe

I was looking at this earlier and I'm excited to actually post something here! :grin:

I was looking at the factions and saw the Kawashita "classes". Does being a Cyborg count as a class or is it a race? I'm thinking a cyborg explorer would be cool but I'd like to make sure. Also, why isn't there a sort of Soldier or Marine class for Kawashita as well? Soldiers like this would be perfect for Kawashita!

Also, if I wanted to join a faction, would I have to upload a picture or could I use a default one as a temporary? I don't think I'll be able to get my actual character I plan to use up until sometime this summer, I'm thinking July, but I really want to participate. Also, is have a brick-built robot character acceptable or would I have to actually use a minifigure?