gallery_2351_18_164.gif

14645498663_2a34b081eb_z.jpg

Cliché Rodian bounty hunter Ronnagond Jarra doesn't always like her starfighters flowery and

pastel-colored, but when she does, they have big guns.

This is the first of three ships I made for the 14x14x6 Starfighter Contest.

The contest's basic premise, for those too lazy to follow the link, is to build a minifig-scale starfighter that

is capable of fitting within a box with a volume of precisely 14x14x6 studs (not bricks high, studs high).

I chose to engineer folding spacecraft rather than super small ones (chibi scale) that would just fit right in.

Observe:

14622348661_8abdf2fdd7_z.jpg

Fully capable of fitting into my fancy box, without the stand, of course.

I actually had to redesign this one after I thought I had finished because the big gun was originally placed

horizontally (that is, with the two-stud-long side flush with the ship's belly) with a technic pin so it could just

swivel 180 degrees out from the bottom when in compact mode, effectively doubling the ship's length.

However, I overlooked that this nonnegotiable detail boosted the height just over 6 studs (darned tall cockpits)

and I was unwilling to reconfigure the cockpit, as you may have noticed that it flows nicely into the medium

azure angled slope piece behind it.

I eventually came up with the droid arm-and-T-piece solution, which allows it to sit in the box at a steep

enough angle to keep the cockpit just at the height limit. The new gun solution doubles the ship's length as

before but also increases its height by approximately 30% all while making it...wait for it...20% cooler. :laugh:

Obligatory detail shots:

14439153237_61e53fa721_z.jpg

Left side.

14625545205_041f24187f_z.jpg

Head-on view of the front. You know the gun is big enough when it evades your camera's focus! :grin:

14645477813_3cb1a1ced2_z.jpg

The right side.

14438898570_3999a59201_z.jpg

The backside, showing the propulsion output array.

There's a hyperdrive in there somewhere...

I don't build much Star Wars stuff and in all honesty the only reason this is here, rather than in the Sci-fi

forum, is because the pilot is a Rodian, but hey...

It kind of looks like a letter, right?

Oh, wait...it doesn't... not really...

...and I just realized that if Ronnagond is a bounty hunter, how in the name of ponies is she going to stuff any bounties she captures into this tiny thing...?

Oh well, I tried. :tongue:

More on Flickr and I hope you enjoyed!

A nice Little MOC.

I love the colours what you take for the ship.

markus

Oh, this is soooo purty! Love the color scheme and asymetrical design. And, if she captures any bounties, she can just tie them to the back of the ship! :laugh:

I think this is one of the nicest sci-fi ships I've ever seen. It's so nippy and zippy. Imagine having one of these in real life to pop out to the shops in. I want one! That's one lucky Rodian.