Black Diamond

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bruce n h

bruce n h

Member: 107

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:04 PM

Hey all,

Are you brave enough to try the Black Diamond slopes?

Posted Image Posted Image

Bruce

#2 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:11 PM

Damn this looks like real snow ! This is sooooo cooooooool. Now I just wanna go skiing  :'(

#3 ApophisV

ApophisV

• The Phoenix

Member: 14

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

Whoa!!!  :oo  :oo

Dude, this is really really great!

A totally unique idea (at least I haven't seen anything similar), great "land"-scaping and superb articulation of the figs that make them looking like they are (or at should I better say "the one guy is" ;)) really skiing down the hill!!!

Really, I love it!  *wub*

#4 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:40 PM

Impressive work here ;)

I really like the snow rendering and the other dude up there frightened to death (that could be me :-D ).

You should probably put a helicopter to rescue him :-D

Bravo!!!!!!!!!

Bruce, is the site where the black diamond is, a personal site with all your creations?

#5 bruce n h

bruce n h

Member: 107

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:28 PM

xwingyoda, on Mar 14 2005, 08:40 PM, said:

Bruce, is the site where the black diamond is, a personal site with all your creations?
Thanks for the kind words, everybody.  I'm really happy with how this one turned out and will probably keep it together for a long time.

x-wing-yoda, in answer to your question:  Yes, Brick Tales is my personal site.  It's devoted primarily to storytelling illustrated in Lego.  The biggest by far portion is The Lord of the Rings, though I haven't updated that in a looooooong time (I actually have large chunks of several chapters built and photographed, but still have more scenes to do before I can post those chapters).  Lately most of my building has been on smaller projects.  My recent passion is for these small vignettes, and I've started a new site, VignetteBricks to blog cool vignettes that I find.

Bruce

#6 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:38 PM

Really impressive work Bruce :oD

I really love the idea of putting litterary masterpieces into Lego scenes. I specially love the Raven by Poe.
This shows that Lego is not only for "standing" Mocs but also for story telling!!!

Keep up the great work ;)

#7 jonfett

jonfett

• The Wise Belville Fairy

Member: 12

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:00 PM

Great vignette Bruce! I really like how you have achieved such an amazing landscape with all the white slopes, it works really well! :)
Btw, can't wait for an update of you LOTR section ;)

Jon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users