Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[MOC] AAT/d

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Due to to some design flaws on the trade federation armored assault tank (AAT) the CIS has developed a new vehicle that combines its fire power with increased speed and agility, it no longer requires of a pilot droid to be controlled but it can still carry two droids for immediate deployment, its low profile makes it nearly invisible to most ground sensors or visual detection (at least until it reaches its effective fire range), it was designed to attack in groups of three to five units against republic AT-TEs overwhelming them with their speed and fire power, since those vehicles proved to be extremely effective against the clumsy AATs that could not maneuver fast enough to avoid being detected and shot down, another advantage of this vehicle is that it has no pilot seat which makes it imposible to be sliced into and controlled by the enemies (a situation that proved to be a problem more than once), and finally it also proved to be extremely effective against enemy infantry and urban layouts, places where the AAT could be easily outmaneuvered.

14241460469_74fddd8e14.jpg

P1010007 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14424758411_f19a7272ea.jpg

P1010011 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14404985936_ed71fd7cab.jpg

P1010009 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14241654137_3e0cbe1605.jpg

P1010015 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

To be honest, it all started with an effort to make an AAT, but I realized I had not the bricks to make it full size so I made it like this, C&C are whelcome.