goatman461

[SoNE Freebuild] Endor - Crash Landing

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

While testing some modifications to the incredibly poor atmospheric controls of the Imperial Tie Fighter, Goatm An 4-61 crash lands in the towering trees of the forest moon. He is lucky to be alive but also dangerously lost. Canopies above and below him keep Goatm from seeing either the ground or the sky. He also happened upon on of the filthy creatures infesting the trees around the crash site and quickly dispatched it before it could cause any problems. It may be a long journey back to the Imperial build site.

14204279747_fd66ce3fee_c.jpg

14204266367_e3aa5d633a_c.jpg

I would like this build judged, please. C & C welcomed.

That tree and environment look nice, good job :thumbup:

I do think you "destroyed" the tie on the wrong places and too little though, the whole crash seems strange, denying gravity and rules of physics. It looks like you needed parts for an other build and so the gabs came to place.

I had an idea similar to this! - Except on a smaller scale/perspective shot. In fact I've already started it...

Yours is amazing! but I do agree that it looks like it crashed wrong - I really like the part in the tree, though!

Edited by Just The Doctor

it looks like it crashed wrong

Is there a way to crash correctly? Honestly, I just threw in some pieces of a 9492 that were sitting around as scrap. I know the solar panel is facing the wrong way, but who knows what could happen when a Tie fighter goes tumbling through the trees

I look forward to seeing your MOC.

Is there a way to crash correctly? Honestly, I just threw in some pieces of a 9492 that were sitting around as scrap. I know the solar panel is facing the wrong way, but who knows what could happen when a Tie fighter goes tumbling through the trees

I look forward to seeing your MOC.

Sorry if that came across as rude and/or blunt, goatm.

What I meant was it doesn't look like any generic crash that most mocs have - it looks really good, its a different style to what im used to seeing; the solar panel looks like its going to teeter over any second!

Really, its great, and don't expect wonders from my work, a lack of pieces means its tiny.

Edited by Just The Doctor

Sorry if that came across as rude and/or blunt, goatm.

What I meant was it doesn't look like any generic crash that most mocs have - it looks really good, its a different style to what im used to seeing; the solar panel looks like its going to teeter over any second!

Really, its great, and don't expect wonders from my work, a lack of pieces means its tiny.

You did not come across as rude and/or blunt. Sorry if I came off as defensive.

I didn't know that TIE's had environmental controls! No life support systems and all that? :wink: Maybe that's why it's so difficult to adjust them ...

Edited by VK-318

Well the positioning of the TIE parts is quite unusual, since wings would probably stay behind after getting disconectef for their bigger air resistance. But nevertheless a nice idea for a MOC and I like the cockpit part stuck in the tree. The tree itself however could use some more work, at least to cover the gaps at the bottom ...

While I have to agree that the crashed parts somehow defy the laws of physics (and that's on of my exams to follow :tongue: ), I think those parts make for a very nice composition. The wing serving as a very distinct background, and the cockpit to really interact with the tree, maybe symbolizing the clash (or crash) between nature and technology. It's a bit a pitty you just used the official set (although there isn't much to improve on that), and maybe it would have been better if you had built one with some features specific for a crashed one, like loose tubes and wires bulging from a broken pylon or some trans cheese slopes to simulate a broken window.

The tree loks great! You've combined plates, tiles, slopes, pillars and even LURPs to make a very succeeded texture, and i'd like to see more of it! It's a pitty to see those holes though... if you can't work them away, you could still embrace them and use them as little cracks or grooves in the tree. But you'd have to make sure to have some kind of dark (or tan) background, so that it doesn't look like you can look straight through the tree. It's an interesting concepts to have no kind of ground in your build, letting it end in another canopy of leaves. However, it doesn't look very convincing as canopy, and more like a denslly vegetated piece of ground. Maybe that's due to the tree broadening towards the base. Maybe it's the solid look of the sand green pieces. The only thing I could suggest would be to use more plant pieces. If you don't have any, maybe a loose and chaotic structure of small plates could do the trick.

To make the configuration of wreckage more believable, it would be nice to have thicker branches to support it. Because now it seems an incredible feat for goatm to get out of the cockpit without making it fall all the way to the ground. It could also help to get some more different angles in the build. you could even break some branches off, indicating that the fighter isn't the only thing that has been damaged. It would explain your rather soft descent as well.

But all in all, a very interesting idea for a build, with some great work on the tree. Keep it up, and you'll quickly rise to high ranks!

Hahah, down with this ewoks :laugh: .

Good job!

The idea with the crashed Tie is very nice.

markus