Mister Phes

Finalising the [Brick]Haven Guard - Orange or Dark Orange?

Finalising the Haven Guard  

52 members have voted

1. 1. The Name

• Haven Guard
    • Brickhaven Guard
  2. 2. Uniform Colour

• Orange
    • Dark Orange

The poll is now closed!

It has been determined the name shall be "Haven Guard" and the torso colour shall be dark orange.

If anybody wishes to submit a potential torso design, visit this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven Guard poll has concluded, check the results here...

"Haven Guard" was the most popular name while Orange was the most preferred uniform.

So this leaves us with some issues to finalise:

1. The name: Should it be "Haven Guard" or "Brickhaven Guard"
    The reason the name "Haven Guard" was chosen by default was simply because of this following example:
    Let's say a well known harbour has a harbour guard... Sydney Harbour will do. Is it necessary to say "Sydney Harbour Guard" every time, or would people understand what you were referring to if you just used "habour guard"?
    What are some other opinions?
  2. The torso colour: Orange or Dark Orange:
    Are there any customizers who would like to create a unique torso design and flag designs for the Haven Guard?
    14398938854_28a6c34070_o.png
    LDD render by Yooha
    post-273-0-23174400-1402239446_thumb.jpg
    14404078673_cc6eee18ae_o.png
    LDD render by Bob De Quatre
  3. One sentence synopsis:
    "The ever watchful [brick]haven Guard protects Brickhaven from Smugglers and Pirates!"

Poll Results

post-273-0-99376800-1402237565_thumb.jpg

Definitely the lighter orange. The darker looks pretty ugly. And I have nothing to offer to the Haven/Brickhaven discussion.

What we need is some customizers to design a unique torso design and then actually apply that to an orange torso.

Who has skills in that area?

Definitely the lighter orange. The darker looks pretty ugly.

I hope you are not judging by the photo provided above which makes the dark orange look awful. Of course, it also makes the light orange look like an orange popsicle...pirate_laugh2.gif

I hope you are not judging by the photo provided above which makes the dark orange look awful.

I used the photo you provided - is there a better example?

I hope you are not judging by the photo provided above which makes the dark orange look awful.

No, I tried imagining it separate from the photo as well, and it still doesn't seem right. pir_laugh2.gif In spite of that, you're right; the image doesn't do the shade complete justice.

Did a quick LDD render. The lighting might be off, but at least it's the same on both torso...

I would love to help out. Could they use any custom fabric elements, because I certainly could help in that area, as well.

Let me know.

~RBC

Did a quick LDD render. The lighting might be off, but at least it's the same on both torso...

Thanks Bob thumbup.gif I've incorporated your image into the first post.

I would love to help out. Could they use any custom fabric elements, because I certainly could help in that area, as well. Let me know.~RBC

Why thank you!

Not sure about the custom fabric elements as we haven't considered them yet.

Probably not for each troop but maybe they would be appropriate for the leaders.

It something we need to discuss further in our Definition of Design Constraints thread.

Feel free to contribute to that discussion because it would be helpful to know how much custom fabric elements contribute to the overall cost and product of sets.

Hello there;

My son sometimes makes custom torsos and heads on Paint. He has only done 1 fully finished decal so far, but I'm sure he could get a rough concept for the Brickhaven Guard torso.

Plus I'm a huge fan of some of the similar torsos TLG has made, so I hope the finished figures will look just as good.

Personally, I think we should have 1500s style uniforms, like the one on the right of this picture:dee2fc093c7f910c66462cf0483152f9.jpgHowever, if more modernized uniforms are preferred:Spanish-Soldados.jpg

The second picture has an orange-yellow type colour, the only problem being the introduction of another colour.

Edited by Captainmorgan

I used the photo you provided ...

I did? I don't remember that.

:thumbup:

My two cents as a potential customer: I'd be thrilled to get pirate uniforms in dark orange. This whole project is looking terrific, and I really hope Lego considers this as an addition to their rumored Pirate theme. It would be such a cop-out if they dismissed this proposal Ideas-style: "This proposal conflicts with a current playtheme and will not be considered."

I really hope Lego considers this as an addition to their rumored Pirate theme.

This project is being conducted far too late to be included amongst the rumoured pirate set(s) for 2015.

LEGO themes generally take 18-24 months to go from conception to production, so the aim of this project is to provide the LEGO Group with plenty of ideas for use beyond whatever may be released next year.

So for whoever is worried that the Smugglers aren't piratey enough; you'll probably get more pirates before you get smugglers anyway.

I'm new in the pirate forum, but I dare to take part in this conversation.

I want to defend the dark orange torso design. Although it doesn't look too good on the rendered pictures, the color "dark orange" looks pretty good in real bricks. Let's see these (on the torsos):

sw363.jpgsw321.jpg

(different light, I guess)

Not bad, eh? For me, regular orange looks too bright and fancy and doesn't go well with the "pioneers at the end of the world, facing lethal dangers" feeling. And the blue doesn't look good with dark orange, it should be red/dark red/dark brown, similar to the above linked minifigs And that sand blue on the 2nd minifig is not a bad idea...

I try to make some rendered minifig design in a few days, if there is any demand to it.

By the way, what is this project all about? Will TLG consider starting anything according what you will decide here? Or is it just dreaming and speculation? Sorry, but I didn't find a thread explaning all this.

I'm new in the pirate forum, but I dare to take part in this conversation.

Welcome aboard!

By the way, what is this project all about? Will TLG consider starting anything according what you will decide here? Or is it just dreaming and speculation? Sorry, but I didn't find a thread explaning all this.

You can find more information in the Project Overview thread.

The LEGO Group may or may not use ideas derived from this project. We've conducted a couple of Ambassador projects in the past and ideas from those projects found their way into LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean sets and the Collectable Minifigure Series.

So this time we're aiming to collect enough ideas to inspire the LEGO Group to create an entire sub-theme. If they do elect to use ideas we present, their final form will likely be different to what's submitted, but that's fine, we're just acting as a catalyst to encourage future direction.

So this is how it turned out. With different color at the coat's edge.

14212843467_d1a9e68f2a_o.png

Nice work! thumbup.gif

Are you able to produce a side-by-side comparison of the lighter orange and the dark orange?

Nice work! thumbup.gif

Are you able to produce a side-by-side comparison of the lighter orange and the dark orange?

Sure.

14398938854_28a6c34070_o.png

I designed a flag that we could possibly use. Currently I'm having technical issues with posting the image from one site to here, so I'll see if I can get it up.

In addition, I'm really torn between the dark and light orange. Both look really good, I just find that each colour looks good with certain torso designs. I think it would help if we first established what torso design(s) we would be using, then work from there.

Edited by ManInATopHat

These look fantastic. and side by side The dark sure looks better than the light. Thanks for putting that together.

Just FYI (for those into detail of history) the correct word is not "edge". The part of the coat that you are talking about is actually turned outwards to show you the lining. The correct word to use is "facings" (as in "facing outward") so what we have here is a dark orange coat with red facings.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I like what I see in here. Both orange colored look great, I slightly prefer the light one, but either way it would be great if it really happened.