Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Mafia After Dark - Epilogue: Sunset

Last time on...

9549837087_d42b8e8739_o.png

14298320271_ab284fc1bb_o.png

After mistakenly lynching his entire family, Tam Malone, the Malone Godfather, lay dying in an alley, his empire crumbled before him.

14298320141_51231110d4_o.png

In his place stood Priscilla Jenkins, the don of the Ferrari Gang.

It was the end of the Malone dynasty...

and the beginning of the Ferrari era.

This is

~~~

October 24th, 2005

The Old Malone Estate, Puesta Del Sol, Nocturno Island

Noon

14114986988_3a890806e8_o.png

Priscilla Jenkins, joined by her two most trusted bodyguards, treks through the mysterious jungles of Nocturno Island, a small island in the Caribbean. Descending from the mountains, the three of them come into a clearing.

14278503886_de31f7c6aa_o.png

As the group climbs over the ancient ruins of the island, the female bodyguard slashes through another straggly reed.

14301066544_ef8fc822c0_o.png

Priscilla Jenkins steps over the broken fence and onto the grounds of a large mansion...

14278503786_68c9b78c65_o.png

"So this is it, huh? The Malones' old place." Priscilla murmurs, taking in the sights of the estate.

14114944139_ae9218261f_o.png

"I don't know why you'd want to set up base here, boss. Nobody's been here for almost twenty years, and with good reason! Just look at the place - so much has happened to it!" the female bodyguard chimes in, perplexed at Jenkins' awe.

14114986308_f3720593bc_o.png

"Exactly", Priscilla says with conviction, turning to face the courtyard, "that's the appeal..."

14301758145_4783ee8c48_o.png

"This place has history..."

~~~

Tamamono proudly presents:

11895468354_a1fb349b2d_o.png

Again, there are a few changes to the standard EB Mafia rules (new items are bolded and underlined):

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Malones or the FBI. To win the game, the Malones must eradicate all FBI Agents, while the FBI Agents needs to outnumber all other players. Third Parties have their own win conditions, which are outlined in their role PMs.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to execute a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. You may not vote in public, nor are you allowed to pretend to vote in public (through FoS: Character (Player), etc.). Discussion of voting is fine, but attempts to circumvent my rules here will be dealt with very harshly... Voting is mandatory, and should be done via your role PM. Additionally, there will be no public vote tallies, only a tally of how many votes I have, and how many I still need.

4. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. Voting is always open. The day will end when 72 hours have gone up, or if a unanimous vote has been reached (to save time). After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

5. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the Night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following Day.

6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or with anyone else. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. You may not edit your posts.

10. You must post in every Day thread.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning on your first offense, and your removal from the game on your second offense (you will be replaced). *

*(Violation of Rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.)

~~~

If you're still interested, please answer the following questions in this thread:

1. What is your mafia experience here on EB? How about other sites?

2. What do you think of your performance in EB Mafia so far? What are your strengths and weakness? What do you want to improve?

3. What do you think of private voting? Will you abide by the rules and regulations I set out for it?

4. Have you read Mafia: After Dark? (This does not affect your chances of getting in - I'm just curious).

I'm looking for 16-20 eager players, but will need plenty of reserves. :thumbup:

1. What is your mafia experience here on EB? How about other sites? One Mafia school here. Hosted a lot of Mafia games IRL and one on a forum. Played a lot of games on IRC and other forums.

2. What do you think of your performance in EB Mafia so far? What are your strengths and weakness? What do you want to improve? Strengths - going under the radar. Weaknesses - recognising scum. I want to improve on this!

3. What do you think of private voting? Will you abide by the rules and regulations I set out for it? I'm not entirely sure if I like the idea of private voting but I'm up for trying it. And yes I will abide.

4. Have you read Mafia: After Dark? (This does not affect your chances of getting in - I'm just curious). I have not.

1. I played a bunch of mafia games here a few years ago, took a break, then came back and did a mafia school. Since then I have done a couple games here, including the original Mafia: After Dark. I don't play on other sites.
  2. To be honest, I'm not very good at all, but I have a lot of fun. :grin: I get way too paranoid, especially when it comes to posting. This often leads to me being a bit quiet, which is something I want to work on. That said, I think I'm OK at not sounding too suspicious.
  3. I like private voting, because I think it makes people more suspicious of each other and raises tensions - and that's why these things are fun! I'll abide.
  4. I have read it. I also played in it - I think my avatar picture is still the one you gave me for the game.

Sorry, I'll be unable to participate due to unexpected RL events. Hope to play in another Mafia game in the future!

Edited by Dragonfire

Played several games, hosted one too. Played in-person quite a bit but not on any other sites.

2. What do you think of your performance in EB Mafia so far? What are your strengths and weakness? What do you want to improve?

Decent, I don't post a lot, and my arguing skills stink. I tend to lurk, but I do have my own opinions. Arguing skills really need some work.

3. What do you think of private voting? Will you abide by the rules and regulations I set out for it?

Nothing wrong with that. In-fact it seems like an improvement, because you will have to look for other incriminating evidence.

4. Have you read Mafia: After Dark? (This does not affect your chances of getting in - I'm just curious).

No. Unless I was involved, I don't tend to read them.

Looks interesting.

I've played in one or two games.

There's always room for improvement. I suppose my greatest weakness is that people can't determine if I'm scum or not. Or is that a strength? I keep getting lynched for it, so probably the former.

I've done it before, I believe. At any rate, yes, I will.

The Great Byron shall rise again!

By the way, I was excited for that House of Cards Mafia. I guess you fooled me.

By the way, I was excited for that House of Cards Mafia. I guess you fooled me.

tumblr_mk2gu4ma6D1qbe613o1_500.gif

Just finished the first mafia school and am excited to get in on another, no other sites though I've played live versions.

I felt I did decent, I made it all the way and successfully eliminated 2 scum, we town won.

Strengths: compiling others posts to build arguments, participate a lot, analyzing vote patterns, use the PM system a ton

Weaknesses: misquoted someone which looked bad on me, overly trusting of PMs received, didn't defend myself well

Private voting will be interesting, it will eliminate a major tool by voters, but may make things more interesting. Of course I'll abide by the rules :wink:

Only partially as a creeper, so if there are major story arcs I'm missing, I'll need filled in.

Looking forward to it, if I get in!

I've played many games on EB, none on other sites

Strengths: hard to say; I think my strongest asset is compiling data in charts and share those for analysis.

Weaknesses: my biggest is probably that I am too quick to trust and confide

Improvement: better analyzing behaviours in day threads; I really suck at reading people's behaviours!

Interesting twist; I've played in a few games where we had privacy aspects (alter egos, massons) and I really loved it; I'm in

Yes

I had to edit my post as it had a weird pasted text section; my apologies

Edited by Piratedave84

A few here on EB, as listed in my signature. None elsewhere.

Mixed results, as I have a tendency to die early. Strength - I'm committed to the cause. Weakness - not reading players well. I'd like to be able to read players better, resist the urge to swear and maybe role play a bit more.

My first thought was that it would favour the scum, but they are in the same boat. They won't be able to use voting patterns against town either. It will be interesting. And yes I will.

Yes, every word of it. :grin:

My first thought was that it would favour the scum, but they are in the same boat. They won't be able to use voting patterns against town either. It will be interesting. And yes I will.

I think it does favour the scum as they will all be able to vote for the same player and form a bandwagon whereas townies will be voting randomly and not be coordinated.

Just completed Mafia School on EB, No experience on other sites.

I think I performed reasonably well in mafia school. I have a good understanding of situation based playstyle but probably need to improve stating concise reasoning when accusing. I want to improve understanding of roles within the game and how they work together and opposite each other.

​It would definitely change things in favor of scum so abiding by the rules and regulations is going to be important.

I skimmed it during mafia school.

Just finished Mafia School. I haven't played on other sites.

I think I performed well. My strengths were asking numerous questions, calling out suspicious actions and constantly posting. My

weaknesses were trying to decide between scum and town early in the game. I would like to improve my skills in analyzing posts to

determine player alliances.

I think private voting will add a bit of mystery and suspicion to all characters. I will definately abide by your rules and regulations.

I admit I have only skimmed bits and pieces of it.

I could use some more playing time.

1. Played quite a bit here. Tried sites like epicmafia and mafiascum but not a big fan of them, I do prefer epicmafia over mafiascum though.

2. I'm not sure what I would label my strengths and weaknesses. I think I am pretty solid at scum hunting but I'm admittedly not anywhere near the best. I find myself looking scummy sometimes and I do tend to get a bit excited when playing as scum.

3. I would definitely abide by the rules, but I don't care for it. To me it makes it a lot harder than it already is to find scum unless you provide vote tallies frequently, to narrow it down; however, that then makes it unfair to the people voting because it can put them under scrutiny. Also, if people are expressing suspicions publicly, why need a private vote?

4. I played in it, so yes.

Also, if people are expressing suspicions publicly, why need a private vote?

There can be quite a disconnect between who people say they suspect and who they vote for...

I was doing something IRL boring stuff the last time you hosted Mafia After dark, so this time I would be eagar and up for some Mafia Mafia s*** :tongue: (that ofcourse if our great host Tammo wants to have me :excited: )

1. Some games here (as can be seen in my signature) non elsewhere

2. Goes from lame to good, survived a few games but has never played scum. Strength: Roleplaying and going in there deep, trying to all kind of options. But this can also be considered one of my two biggest weaknesses. Some players tend to don´t like my roleplayering nor any roleplaying at all(burn in hell to those :snicker::sarcasm: ) and when I think to much about diffrent options and roles some players want to kill me next because my rabblings maybe start sounding too nonsence and nobody understands them---> Or what does Piratedave have to say about it :angel_sing:

3. Hell yea, never try´d it but lets do it.

4. Some of it when the game was up, it was a good game as much I had time to lurk into it

1. Played quite a bit here. Tried sites like epicmafia and mafiascum but not a big fan of them, I do prefer epicmafia over mafiascum though.

I've played on both sites and I find mafiascum very similar to EB Mafia; EpicMafia is very different.

2. Goes from lame to good, survived a few games but has never played scum. Strength: Roleplaying and going in there deep, trying to all kind of options. But this can also be considered one of my two biggest weaknesses. Some players tend to don´t like my roleplayering nor any roleplaying at all(burn in hell to those :snicker::sarcasm: ) and when I think to much about diffrent options and roles some players want to kill me next because my rabblings maybe start sounding too nonsence and nobody understands them---> Or what does Piratedave have to say about it :angel_sing:

Ha! This made me go back an read our conversation from the last game ... I'm still unsure about what you meant!

There can be quite a disconnect between who people say they suspect and who they vote for...

Now that you mention it, it might be interesting to see how tallies line up to how people say they are suspicious of. That could be an interesting way to catch scum.

I've played on both sites and I find mafiascum very similar to EB Mafia; EpicMafia is very different.

EpicMafia is very different, but I actually like it a lot. Mafiascum is similar to EB but I found it a lot more complicated in terms of management overall.

1. Only played here and tad IRL, but not since CMF Mafia 2.

2. I feel OK with how I play. I always say I'm going to try to lurk but it's hard not to.

3. I think it could give scum an advantage since you can't finger them with fishy voting.

4. I was the Malone hitman! But I didn't get to use it...

Now that you mention it, it might be interesting to see how tallies line up to how people say they are suspicious of. That could be an interesting way to catch scum.

But you won't be able to hold anyone accountable in that way since you don't know who voted for who.

Aw, heck... I think I'll have time for this and it sounds intriguing enough...

Mostly losing.

My strength is vote pattern analysis (doh!).

When I was little I had a kitten named White Socks that my dad refused to call anything but Black Body. What a jerk!

No. I didn't read it during the day time either.

Long time, no see.

100s of poorly spent hours.

I do better as town than as scum. I just can't get into hiding myself well. That would be a thing to improve.

It hurts the town, but rules are rules. I need to read your rules, but I'll abide by them.

A little. Did I play in it? I don't remember now. :sceptic: My memory of the last year is simply a blur.

A little. Did I play in it? I don't remember now. :sceptic: My memory of the last year is simply a blur.

You played, and had me convinced you were town the whole time :tongue: or was that Ragnarok??