Sign in to follow this  
Disco86

[SoNE Freebuild] Invasion Preparation

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The story about Markus Montari and Paul Brickstorm at SoNE continues. The story so far:

Join the Empire - Markus1984

Recruitment - Disco86

Swearing In - Markus1984

Foreign System - Disco86

Last firing exercise - Markus1984

After their last exercise our two protagonists have recieved the order to move to the hangar. The preparations for an invasion of the foreign green planet are in full swing. The Empire's troops are ready for their mission and gathering for the transport.

14255138796_95fe0e55bd_c.jpg

14204752697_fb6fe26d0c_o.jpgTake a look over here, the fleet is getting ready to take off.

14091605828_ceb6be6aa5_c.jpg

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngThat's a really impressive landing fleet, seems like something big is going on here !

14091693857_f38e8a5c5a_c.jpg

14204752697_fb6fe26d0c_o.jpgIndeed, these steely behemoth are Y-85 Titan Transporters. Everyone could carry up to four AT-ATs. Just wondering why they told us, that they expect no serious resistance down there ?

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngWho could fight against such a huge number of walkers ?

14255139426_a0e0f37878_c.jpg

14091693267_d36c282c00_c.jpg

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngAnd what's this over there ?

14091693497_f3720b450e_c.jpg

14204752697_fb6fe26d0c_o.jpgHave you ever listened to our training lessons ?

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngNope

14204752697_fb6fe26d0c_o.jpgThese are our dropships, Delta-Class DX-9. They gonna bring us down to the planet's surface. Maybe this is going to be tight and uncomfortable.

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngYou are really a wise guy...

Another fantastic creation! I really love the micro built hanger. The SNOT floor with all the lines is lovely and so are the wall decorations. Ofcourse this is a freebuild, you're doing some flora for the episode build ;)

and it goes on...

Great continuation :wink: .

The hangar with the details and ships and AT-AT`s is absolut stunning!

And all this in micro scale :wacko: .

The story is funny again!

markus

Nice! Those AT-AT's look familiar; are they Legostein's design? I do like the way this build has multiple levels, with the shuttle on a separate platform, and the forced perspective works quite well.

But, I'm not sure that those round windows work. That seems like a very Rebel thing, and it looks a little out of place on an Imperial ship. You could replace each one with a pair of 1x3 inverted sloped bricks and a pair of 1x1 bricks, if you want.

Disco, do the feet of the AT-AT just sit there, or do they connect? I'm trying to make one, and can't get the feet to clip in.

Thanks a lot for your comments ! Really appreciate that !

Ofcourse this is a freebuild, you're doing some flora for the episode build ;)

Yes I have decided to make this a freebuild, because my Episode build seem to turn out extremly well. Just cant edit the topic line...

Nice! Those AT-AT's look familiar; are they Legostein's design?

But, I'm not sure that those round windows work. That seems like a very Rebel thing, and it looks a little out of place on an Imperial ship.

The AT-ATs are the design from 2 Much Caffeine. The windows here are round to make a special building technique thats all. With slopes it would be just too average.

Disco, do the feet of the AT-AT just sit there, or do they connect? I'm trying to make one, and can't get the feet to clip in.

They do not really connect. Half of the clips are falling off, if you lift up the AT-AT, but some stay in position.

Thanks a lot for your comments ! Really appreciate that !

They do not really connect. Half of the clips are falling off, if you lift up the AT-AT, but some stay in position.

\

Ok thanks.

Hi Disco86, another great MOC, I'm not sure how you and markus1984 create them so quickly! I'd be really interested to see how you get such good lighting, are you using LEDs or some sort of rig?

I've updated the title for you :classic:

The lighting on these shots are what really make the image for me.

The builds are great and there's so much to be found in the MOC without feeling like anything has been overdone.

Excellent work... Looking forward to seeing them land on Yavin!

This is so amazing!!! :cry_happy: , it really puts you into the perspective of those guys (I mean you ofcourse), the details all over the walls look great and those vehicles are pure genius, are you and Marcus competing against each other? because one always tops the other and so on, I dont know but keep it up going, I wonder what takes so long to the judges to score these creations.

Yes! Yet another beautiful installment anounces itself! I'm really impressed and like how you seem to master every topic, including micro building.

As a big fan of 2MuchCaffeine, I immedeately recognized his AT-ATs and hist Imperial Shuttle (but don't blame you, because what design could possibly top it?) and am glad they fit perfectly in this scene. Because man, that forced perspective is perfect and convincing. The windows in the corridor are really nice, and a good variation on just rounded corners. Furthermore, I like how you even included details on places that I can barely see: even more remarkable if I consider how fast you construct these things. I even like the poses of the minifigs, taking their helmets off to see the scene better. But I wonder, are they just allowed to stop for a minute and stare through the window? Rookies...

And then that hangar... wow. The floor is just brilliant, with all the nice different markings. It was a bold move to include that bright red, but hallejulah it works. It brigns the militaristic side forward in my eyes. so yes, that floor is a real beauty, and a triumph for SNOT. I like all the little verhicles that crowd the hangar, like the mentionned AT-ATs. I do wonder how those walkers got in there, because I don't see any gate or platform in the ground though which they can pass. You could have made those gate through which you light the scene a bit bigger, to give the impression they came that way. That would make sense. Still, lots of good stuff, like those dropships, that even include those angled wings (I have no idea how you did that). Those bigger vehicles on the other side... they might look cool, but for me they destroy the sense of scale a bit. It looks like they could just as well be minifig scaled, and that all those walkers and ships are little drones... I mean that those big haulers don't appear big enough compared to the rest of the scene. Maybe including even more details and damage on the walls could do the trick, since big smooth surfaces can't really exist in such a large scale. If that Imperial logo could be smaller, that would help too. Or add in some details with not-SNOTted grill tiles. The basic idea of making small things look big is that you have to incorporate elements that are recognizable and have a fixed scale. If you miniaturise these elements, the thing will look big... I think, because I'm not an expert in model building.

The same thing applies to a lesser extent to the hangar. You included some nice details, but I'd rather see that grill cheese replaced with all kinds of minifig utensils. And it might be a little detail, but I'm a bit bugged by those vertical light grey tiles in the columns. Since they stick out compared to the slopes, it just seems sloppy building, and that has huge consequences on this scale. You could keep the pillars clear of detail and put the greebles elsewhere.

But don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of this creation. The micro building, the details, again the size, the smoothness... Thhe details like the bricks with bar attached to them is great, and those profile bricks at the bottom are especially nice. I'm beginning to adore your style (and Markus's of course too). It's only about the little details now (another tip: if you are editing the background, get rid of the white slits between the bricks in the fourth picture), and then soon your MOCs will be perfect. Just in time for the episode!

Still happy about that awesome feedback we are getting with our SoNE-Story. Definitly going to biuld some more stuff in this SW-universe. Episode build is coming soon !

I'd be really interested to see how you get such good lighting, are you using LEDs or some sort of rig?

Thanks for editing the title. The LEDs within the build are TLC original lights. I use them just to be purist within the real build, but I think I am going to braze my own soon. The original TLC's just seem so bright because my camery makes everything brighter in such a dark setting. On top of the build for lighting it up we both are using LED-stripes. Usually I am using Daylight-bulbs, but for my SW builds I like that artifical glow of LEDs, also i can adjust the brightness of them. I put their brightness on minimum level, and my camera enhances it a little bit. Then afterwards I am adjusting the lights with GIMP in a secret "Movie Mode" (try youtube). Hope this answers your question.

:classic:

Excellent work... Looking forward to seeing them land on Yavin!

I knew before, that not everybody understood this joke, because it was a bit tricky. They are landing on Endor, the planet in the background is the olive green one, which is Endor. I just wanted to make our protahonists look like some kind of dorks who know nothing about the universe. Actually it was hard to see because you really had to look on the planets surface, so no problem. Glad to see people actually reading these stories.

:laugh:

As a big fan of 2MuchCaffeine, I immedeately recognized his AT-ATs and hist Imperial Shuttle (but don't blame you, because what design could possibly top it?)

You are definitly right ! I tried to make some improvements, but nothing really pleased me. So I stayed with his original design because it is just perfect. Proportions and scale fit very well.

The floor is just brilliant, with all the nice different markings. It was a bold move to include that bright red, but hallejulah it works. It brigns the militaristic side forward in my eyes.

It was a bit risky, but when I saw the result it really looked cool. Found an inspirational picture from a SD hangar were they got red stripes on the floor and had to do it. In my opinion it looks a little bit like a Nazi hangar with this...

Still, lots of good stuff, like those dropships, that even include those angled wings (I have no idea how you did that). Those bigger vehicles on the other side... they might look cool, but for me they destroy the sense of scale a bit.

Those angled wings are connected with simple clips, sometimes the solution is so easy :laugh: The larger vehicles are completly in scale, try to google the Y-85-Titan AT-AT-Transporter. Everything in that build was scale compared with each other. I like them to be that enourmos, because they are unbelivable big. As you can read in the story they can transport 4 (!) AT-ATs at a time. Their front is a little bit too clean, but they really do like this in reality.

avatar.pngIf he really was, he would have joined the rebellion...

14198722875_1f7df204f8_o.pngOnly the Empire takes the cake...

Edited by Disco86