Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[SoNE Episode V] Ashamed of the empire

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

"After barely surviving the battle at Sollust, I was reassigned to a secret location, a forest moon on the outer rim, our mission; brining down the trees to make space for some kind of shield generators, I have made many things that I am not proud of but defiling this sanctuary is the one that I am most ashamed, you may say that the life of a rebel isnt too different from that of a tree but I say these trees would harm nobody and the empire should keep its business away from primitive and beautifull places like this in order to avoid disturbing its inhabitants or interfere in their development and evolution, I have never seen one of them, I guess they are afraid but I think they are lurking in the bushes, some times at night, I look through my NVGs and see that we are surounded by hundreds of eyes, are they seing us with fear or are they waiting to attack?"

14251920192_991b611778.jpg

P1010028 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14274270653_50ffd90d5c.jpg

P1010039 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14253733004_dfe282511e.jpg

P1010030 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14274269503_b03aa13331.jpg

P1010050 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

C & C are welcome, this idea just came to me on the morning.

The walker suit looks Great Nom Carver! The base and the tree looks good too.

Don't worry, you're only clearing a tiny section for a bunker, a landing pad, a shield generator, and a road for At-At's.... Ok maybe a little bit more than a tiny section.

Thanks lego3364, this is my first try on organic/natural structures, and since I have very few brown and green bricks, this was the best I could come up with, thats the problem when you collect only SW vehicles to provide your bricks (lots of grey :hmpf_bad: ).

Thanks lego3364, this is my first try on organic/natural structures, and since I have very few brown and green bricks, this was the best I could come up with, thats the problem when you collect only SW vehicles to provide your bricks (lots of grey :hmpf_bad: ).

Yeah same here. :tongue: I'm all like Wow!, Awesome!, Sweet all over the ships and in the end only picking up one Endor Trooper Battle Pack. :hmpf_bad:

And then of course LEGO helps a ton by making their LSW Natural sets 249.99 USD. :hmpf_bad:

<<<INTELLIGENCE REPORT>>>

TO: Fleet Command, Imperial Security Fleet Chief

Finding severe decline in trooper morale. Known possible sources recent Imperial defeats and current groundside operations. Have observed pronounced shell shock among pilots veteran of Sullust and disquieting murmurs from ground troops attached to current mission. Discontent widespread and rises to include high level officers and elites. Recommend action be taken to curb loss of morale.

<<<END OF DISPATCH>>>

:wink::grin::laugh:

Seriously, though, what are we Imps up to here? Weeping over trees? :laugh:

I like the exoskeleton, but I do think you should have fewer blades on each hand; When you get through cutting with all those, there's a lot of wood lost, and the Empire uses the sale of that timber as a revenue source, in order to lighten the tax burden on its citizens. :wink: The dirt patches are also curiously square in shape ...

Edited by VK-318

Good work Nom, the mech-suit looks great :thumbup:

As a general note, if anyone is short on green/brown elements I'm sure that the Empire used a lot of concrete in their foundations...if they had sufficient resources to build two Death Stars it's only to be expected that they got a bit carried away with the specifications of the platform and generator as well!

Seriously, though, what are we Imps up to here? Weeping over trees? :laugh:

I like the exoskeleton, but I do think you should have fewer blades on each hand; When you get through cutting with all those, there's a lot of wood lost, and the Empire uses the sale of that timber as a revenue source, in order to lighten the tax burden on its citizens. :wink: The dirt patches are also curiously square in shape ...

Thanks VK, I would really like to be rotated from my current service, "I have a bad feeling about this", and wood is no longer a useful resource, its barely used to make some very fancy and outdated furniture (unless you are a wookie), regarding to the dirt patches, I hoped no one noticed them :classic: .

Good work Nom, the mech-suit looks great :thumbup:

As a general note, if anyone is short on green/brown elements I'm sure that the Empire used a lot of concrete in their foundations...if they had sufficient resources to build two Death Stars it's only to be expected that they got a bit carried away with the specifications of the platform and generator as well!

Thanks Lobot, I would like to keep trying to emulate natural environments, they are far more challenging, that is what makes our objective more challenging.

Great to see some other people thinking about what exactly we're doing here as well.

Especially when it's with such a nice build! I like that tree, and that walker is pretty great as well. It has the right, robust and manoeverable look: perfect for what you're depicting. I like how you've made it slightly posable as well, although you could use that feature some more in your build, to make it less static. Still, you've already added some life to it. I love the posing of the minifigs, and you looking away from it, with that tilted helmet. Not very subtle, but a perfect fit for the story. Also, the posing really makes sense, with the driver communicating with his superiors what area to tackle next. Well done there!

Also it's nice to see those chopped down tree trunks and those bases of the trees that already went. But here, there is some more opportunity to add to the scene. Adding some tan on top of those stumps would display the inner core of the tree more, and you could make the edge more rugged and splintered with e.g. cheese slopes. You could add in some slopes touching the ground as well, as the beginning of some roots. That would help to cover up those Technic holes as well. And those dirtpatches have already been mentionned: the pure rectangleness of them doesn't feel very natural. You could mask this with placing those plant pieces around the border. Or you could place some more small green or brown plates along the edge to break it up and add in some relief. Some more tan could also work. To make more of your vegetation, you could spread those pieces out you now have stacked in the back. You can still simulate some extra exotic flora with whatever pieces you have laying around. you could even employ minifig capes to create some leaf texture...

I can imagine you had a hard time building this with your limited supply of green and brown, but still you should be quite pleased with what you built. that tree is not bad, the walker is great, and I love what you did with the rounded base. Just by using your bricks a bit more clever, you can achieve a more realistic scene. you could even place some plant pieces on an extra plate to add in more relief, or you could build some more crates and equipment (in grey, hurrah!) to cover up blank spaces. you can make this scene truely yours that way! Anyway, congratulations, on the story as well, although I am planning something similar.

Have observed pronounced shell shock among pilots veteran of Sullust and disquieting murmurs from ground troops attached to current mission. Discontent widespread and rises to include high level officers and elites.

I'm sorry for that. But it's only getting worse...

Also it's nice to see those chopped down tree trunks and those bases of the trees that already went. But here, there is some more opportunity to add to the scene. Adding some tan on top of those stumps would display the inner core of the tree more, and you could make the edge more rugged and splintered with e.g. cheese slopes. You could add in some slopes touching the ground as well, as the beginning of some roots. That would help to cover up those Technic holes as well. And those dirtpatches have already been mentionned: the pure rectangleness of them doesn't feel very natural. You could mask this with placing those plant pieces around the border. Or you could place some more small green or brown plates along the edge to break it up and add in some relief. Some more tan could also work. To make more of your vegetation, you could spread those pieces out you now have stacked in the back. You can still simulate some extra exotic flora with whatever pieces you have laying around. you could even employ minifig capes to create some leaf texture...

Thanks BEAVeR, those ideas are quite good, I may give a try on those tips you mentioned on my next build because this one has been just disassembled, I will keep in mind the tan in the chopped trees and the slopes for the roots, and regarding to those ground patches, they are an absolute fail (I ran out of green plates).

Yes, a really great MOC!

Good idea and the building technique is great too.

Love the "working suit" of the Scout Trooper :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Destroy all trees - we need more place to build the shild generator" :laugh:

markus

This reminds me of "Avatar"m which is for sure a good thing !

Great woodchopper suit and some lovely vegetation here. :sweet:

I like the walker though it looks more like a grinder than a chopper :)

For the square plates problem, if you don't have enough smaller plates to hide them, you should think about positioning the leaves and the stumps in a smarter way, to cover most of the straight lines. Also some cheese slopes or sloped bricks would look nice as roots near the stumps and maybe cover some of the holes ...

I think I'll also have a problem with building the natural scene ...

Thanks for your comments guys, I will improve my technique but this challenge proved to aim towards my weakest spot.