19 replies to this topic

#1 sam89

sam89

• The Calm Voice

Member: 13

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

C4 begins today and LEGO will be there! Here's what we can look forward to:

Calling all LEGO Star Wars fans!

Stop by the LEGO booth at the Star Wars Celebration IV, May 24-28, at the Los Angeles Convention Center for the ultimate LEGO Star Wars experience!

Lucky fans will get to see the complete 2007 product line, learn about new promotions such as the "LEGO Star Wars Movie Making Contest" and the "These are the droids you're looking for!" campaign, get an exclusive sneak peek at new and one-of-a-kind models, and enter to win some exciting prizes!

Make sure to see it all:

• The Ultimate Collector's Millennium FalconTM, the largest LEGO set ever! Enter to win an exclusive First Edition set, which includes one of the first ten numbered Certificates of Authenticity!
• One of the five 14k gold C-3P0's! And for the first time, see the sterling silver version - and enter to take it home!
• Life-size R2-D2 and Chewbacca models!
• The first public appearance of a talking, light-up, life-size LEGO C-3P0 model!

Star Wars Celebration IV is being held from May 24, 2007 to May 28, 2007 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Hours of the event are:

• Thursday, May 24 - 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Fan Club Members Only)
• Friday, May 25 - 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• Saturday, May 26 - 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• Sunday, May 27 - 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• Monday, May 28 - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Star Wars enthusiasts will feast their eyes on a new, life-sized, light-up, talking C-3PO LEGO® model. Making his first public appearance at Celebration IV, standing 5 feet 6 inches tall and constructed of more than 15,000 LEGO bricks, C-3PO is sure to join the ranks as one of the most beloved and fan-photographed life-sized LEGO models created to celebrate the property, like Chewbacca, Darth Vader and R2-D2 before him.

Fans also will get, for the first time, a sneak peek at two new exclusive LEGO Star Wars models – The Hoth Rebel Base™ ($49.99) and The Republic Cruiser™ ($89.99) – available only at Toys “R” Us, and LEGO channels including the catalog, web shop and Brand stores.

Unveiled to the press at American International Toy Fair, fans will also get up close and personal with the Ultimate Collector Millennium Falcon – the largest LEGO set ever created – representing one of the most iconic and fan requested LEGO models. Available in October, fans can pre-order the set now at LEGOShop.com. Exclusive to fans attending Celebration IV is a chance to enter to win one of the first 10 sets signed and numbered by company owner Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen and designer Jens Kronvold Frederiksen.

LEGO Star Wars fans are privy to two nationwide programs, kicking off at Celebration IV.

“These are the Droids You’re Looking For”

The hunt is on as fans search for 10,000 never-before produced, special-edition metallic gold C-3PO minifigures, randomly inserted into select 2007 LEGO Star Wars sets starting in June. Fans also may also mail in for a chance to win one of five custom-designed and produced 14-karat gold C-3PO minifigures. Exclusive for Celebration IV, fans can enter to win a one-of-a-kind, sterling silver C-3PO minifigure. The official drawing for this unique figure will be held on the last day of the event.

LEGO Star Wars MovieMaking Contest. Building on the popularity of short LEGO Star Wars movies like “The Han Solo Affair” and the Cartoon Network exclusive, “Revenge of the Brick,” LEGO Systems invites LEGO and Star Wars fans alike to try their hand at filmmaking for a chance to win the ultimate LEGO Star Wars prize pack and publication of their film.

This Summer, budding directors can enter 3-minute homemade movies in three age categories: 12 and under, 13-17 and 18+. Films will be judged for creativity and content, and finalists will be posted in August on StarWars.LEGO.com, where the public will vote to determine the winner, who will be announced in September.

#2 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:03 PM

Fans also will get, for the first time, a sneak peek at two new exclusive LEGO Star Wars models – The Hoth Rebel Base™ ($49.99) and The Republic Cruiser™ ($89.99) – available only at Toys “R” Us, and LEGO channels including the catalog, web shop and Brand stores.

Excellent, so we shall have pics pretty soon since it starts today  ;-) I want to see that K3PO  ;-)

Now I was thinking of that this morning while I was modding my magnet sets to get rid of those darn magnets - Is there a possibility of a Hoth magnet set with a hoth rebel, a snowie and another fig ?? That would be a sweet and cheap way to have fantastic figs !! I mean we will have a Naboo magnet set so...

*yoda*

#3 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

• One of the five 14k gold C-3P0's! And for the first time, see the sterling silver version - and enter to take it home!

Oh god  :-|   You know what?  Forget it!  They're making it IMPOSSIBLE for a Star Wars collector...

How many sterling silver ones are there now? :-/  It's ridiculous...

#4 morris

morris

Member: 847

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

What about lego star wars fans in EUROPE?

does lego NOT care about EUROPE? how come?

#5 JoeMI6

JoeMI6

• Joey is your friend

Member: 620

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

Easy there Morris. There will probably be some special features at Celebration Europe for us European Lego SW fans. Just be patient and drool over what the Americans get for now ;-)

#6 Scouty

Scouty

• [not worthy of classic film title]

Member: 863

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

View Postmorris, on May 24 2007, 01:53 PM, said:

What about lego star wars fans in EUROPE?

does lego NOT care about EUROPE? how come?

Oh, come on. It's not like you mostly get all the sets first...or something.

Sansweet also announced something that European fans will likely be happy to hear. "Another first: Celebration Europe, an official Star Wars convention in July 2007 in London at the finest exhibition center, Earls Court. More details soon at starwars.com."

Celebration Europe
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#7 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:58 AM

As much as I hate to say it but Hoth will not include K3PO :'-(
My friend owns the final version and it does not include it
Also here the set is available and does not list K3PO as a minifigure in the set  *sad*

Piranha

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#8 madoka

madoka

• memory lapse power shopper

Member: 1132

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:41 AM

They have a C4 Exclusive!  I managed to get one but it is hard to get.  You have to win a raffle in order to purchase it.  It is limited to 500 sets.  Features Vader, 2 Royal Guards, and 2 Stormtroopers in a see through plastic box.  Will try to put up pics later.  Really, really tired.

Oh yeah.  I also got one of those 10,000 gold C3POs!

#9 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:25 AM

View PostPiranha, on May 24 2007, 08:58 PM, said:

As much as I hate to say it but Hoth will not include K3PO :'-(
My friend owns the final version and it does not include it
Also here the set is available and does not list K3PO as a minifigure in the set  *sad*

Piranha
Your friend OWNS this set?  How did he manage to get a hold of that?

They have a C4 Exclusive! I managed to get one but it is hard to get. You have to win a raffle in order to purchase it. It is limited to 500 sets. Features Vader, 2 Royal Guards, and 2 Stormtroopers in a see through plastic box. Will try to put up pics later. Really, really tired.

Oh yeah. I also got one of those 10,000 gold C3POs!
I'm not sure if you're mocking someone or what...

#10 rexcal

rexcal

Member: 1353

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:22 AM

View Postxwingyoda, on May 24 2007, 04:03 PM, said:

Now I was thinking of that this morning while I was modding my magnet sets to get rid of those darn magnets...

*yoda*

I tried that, too, but wasn't successful. Or just a bit too careful.
Can you please tell me how best to get rid of the magnets without leaving damage to the minifigs?

#11 sam89

sam89

• The Calm Voice

Member: 13

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

Looking at Rebelscum's coverage, 7665 and 7666 weren't shown yesterday. Will they be shown today, or will it be another disappointment? :-/

#12 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

View PostStarwars4J, on May 24 2007, 05:55 PM, said:

Oh god  :-|   You know what?  Forget it!  They're making it IMPOSSIBLE for a Star Wars collector...
How many sterling silver ones are there now? :-/  It's ridiculous...
I was think_ing about the following thing: they are making this contest for the anniversary but what if they use the shiny colour used in those Castle halmets to produce a regular C3PO like that  8-°
We might get lucky, who knows hehe

View Postrexcal, on May 25 2007, 09:22 AM, said:

I tried that, too, but wasn't successful. Or just a bit too careful.
Can you please tell me how best to get rid of the magnets without leaving damage to the minifigs?
the legs are made from 3 parts: the middle attachment (which can't be taken out in magnets) and right/left "leg". You just need to get rid of the right/left "leg" (where the magnets are attached) and replace them by normal MF legs and voilà, cheap figs  :-P

View Postsam89, on May 25 2007, 02:34 PM, said:

Looking at Rebelscum's coverage, 7665 and 7666 weren't shown yesterday. Will they be shown today, or will it be another disappointment? :-/
I bet they will wait for the last day but you never know with them  :-P

*yoda*

#13 Vader

Vader

Member: 83

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

It wouldnt surprise me at all if we didnt get a k3p0, weve seen no pics yet so its not looking good.

Piranha and madoka i do hope you two are telling the truth here, if not you might find yourselfs in a rather lonely place.

#14 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

View PostVader, on May 25 2007, 02:55 PM, said:

It wouldnt surprise me at all if we didnt get a k3p0, weve seen no pics yet so its not looking good.
Not looking good !! rue mate BUT we never saw the actual box art of that set so who knows really !! I still say there is hope !!

View PostVader, on May 25 2007, 02:55 PM, said:

Piranha and madoka i do hope you two are telling the truth here, if not you might find yourselfs in a rather lonely place.
I can only concur with great strengh...

*yoda*

#15 Scouty

Scouty

• [not worthy of classic film title]

Member: 863

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

Well, our madoka friend here is as truthful as Pinocio.

Lucky fellow.
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#16 Zaktan of the Shadows

Zaktan of the Shadows

Member: 1232

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:45 AM

Cool! We're gonna get to see the Sterling Silver and life size 3PO's!  :-D  Lego really likes C3PO. And I can't wait to see the Hoth base from different angles!

-ZotS

#17 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:28 AM

Lord  *vader*  and Starwars4J

My friend managed to get this set because he knows people who work for Lego
There also is no point in lying about it
*sad*  

Piranha

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#18 Zaktan of the Shadows

Zaktan of the Shadows

Member: 1232

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:38 AM

Which set?

-ZotS

#19 Grand Moff Viceroy

Grand Moff Viceroy

Member: 1601

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

i saw some pictures of celebration 4 and it is something to drool about anyway, i couldnt go because of SOMEONES birthday that just happened to happen that day, :-(

#20 supernova

supernova

Member: 1608

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

Looks like its the last day of the celebrations already (well I guess its probably still morning in LA, but oh well)..
Are we going to see the new sets 7665 and 7666 (and see if K3PO really exists)? Are we possibly going to get a glimpse of the AT-AT 10178?  :-/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users