Troglodyte, the 14 gun savage ship

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic  – Started by Dunkleosteus , May 07 2014 06:11 PM

#1 Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus

Member: 124013

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

LDD/MLCad 12D

Ahoy, Gentlemen! I would like to present my humble creation, this brutal ship.

Tuned by cavemans or designed by demons?

Everyone who knew anything about the destiny of this beauty is already dead. You can imagine, but be careful - it can eat you alive :pir-oh3:
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Here you can see three sisters together

Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Thank you very much for your attention :pir-classic:
https://www.flickr.c...nkleosteus_ldd/
Beware the departure of sunlight

#2 Kolonialbeamter

Kolonialbeamter
  • Makes ridiculous threats!

Member: 118216

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Wow! She truely looks like hell itself spat her out, something of a sea-equivalent to those giant battle elephants from 'Lord of the Rings'. And behind all these ornaments she is a very well built galleon, I like her a lot. I'm very fond of your broadside techniques, especially on Troglodyte. And from a 'digital' perspective, I really appreciate your chain work at the prow.
You seem like a really skilled builder, and a fast one; I see a lot of bricks that only very recently have been updated into LDD.
Also the different stylistic interpretations are quite nice. Just one thing, have you come up with a color scheme yet, that would work in real bricks? Oh, and of course, do you have further ships planned? Posted Image

Keep it up!

Regards

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

'The only True Side is the Blue SideTM'

My Brickshelf

#3 Captain Braunsfeld

Captain Braunsfeld
  • Need more MONKEYS!

Member: 28880

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Definetely pre-historic!!  Posted Image

Yours,

Captain Braunsfeld

(Captain Samuel Marron of Mitgardia)

Posted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image Posted Image

If you don't see small pictures of my creations here, then brickshelf is down...

- - -  Hier k├Ânnte Ihre Werbung stehen!   - - -

#4 Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostKolonialbeamter, on 07 May 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Wow! She truely looks like hell itself spat her out, something of a sea-equivalent to those giant battle elephants from 'Lord of the Rings'. And behind all these ornaments she is a very well built galleon, I like her a lot. I'm very fond of your broadside techniques, especially on Troglodyte. And from a 'digital' perspective, I really appreciate your chain work at the prow.
You seem like a really skilled builder, and a fast one; I see a lot of bricks that only very recently have been updated into LDD.
Also the different stylistic interpretations are quite nice. Just one thing, have you come up with a color scheme yet, that would work in real bricks? Oh, and of course, do you have further ships planned? Posted Image

Keep it up!

Regards

Remarkably! You are the first and the only person who guessed about the allusion to those elephants (: Moreover, this is fantastic when someone understand how much torture I got from the chain! I'm highly grateful to you. Sorry for my English, I need some practise :)
As for the ship, this I made in two days and then my poor netbook was rendered it slowly and sadly, so I had time to build a couple of smaller ships - you can find them on my brickshelf - it finally worksPosted Image  But theese ships are a bit average (Shooner "Flink" und junk "Duan wu")
One day I would find the way and resources to put the best of my ships on a real shelf, therefore I build all models in a way that can be implemented. And I have some problems with the process of coloring, so my wife helps me with it :)

Edited by Dunkleosteus, 08 May 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#5 Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostCaptain Braunsfeld, on 08 May 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Definetely pre-historic!!  Posted Image

The idea of a ship with tusks disturbed my sleep Posted Image

#6 Lady K

Lady K
  • Likes the look of asterisks in low light.

Member: 23064

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:25 AM

It is terrifying and beautiful at the same time, kinda like a nightmare you can't look away from!  I really love the rows and rows of teeth.  The affect is stunning.

Currently Playing:  

Past Mafia:
  Fred Rhodes in Bob's Excalibur Mafia School TNG / Alan Vaughan in Tamamono's Mafia Sunset / Adrienne Walton in Jamesn's Red Menece Mafia
  Cosplay Luke Skywalker in Speedy's The Cosplay Party Mafia School / Addie Tremain in Tamamono's Party Lines Mafia
Catarina Dogwood in Walter Kovacs Unrest In The Forest Mafia / Cosplay Captain Jack Sparrrow in Def's Cosplay II Mafia:  Pelly's Paradise

#7 Gary The Procrastinator

Gary The Procrastinator

Member: 124049

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

Definitely need to build this for a Pirate setting.
My FLICKR Photostream
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
111111~ Battle of Rorke's Drift ~11111111111111111~ Black Swan on Market Day ~1111~ Defense of Little Round Top ~11111111~ PT-17 Kaydet Diorama ~111111~ Go Where No One Else Will Go ~

#8 Kolonialbeamter

Kolonialbeamter
  • Makes ridiculous threats!

Member: 118216

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostDunkleosteus, on 08 May 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

As for the ship, this I made in two days and then my poor netbook was rendered it slowly and sadly, so I had time to build a couple of smaller ships - you can find them on my brickshelf - it finally works :pir-classic:  But theese ships are a bit average (Shooner "Flink" und junk "Duan wu")
One day I would find the way and resources to put the best of my ships on a real shelf, therefore I build all models in a way that can be implemented. And I have some problems with the process of coloring, so my wife helps me with it :)
Two days! THAT is remarkable! And your 'in the meantime' ships are great to look at, too!
I humbly bow to your MOCing talent.

(Digitally) Brick on!

Best regards

'The only True Side is the Blue SideTM'

My Brickshelf

#9 Capt. Redblade

Capt. Redblade
  • Python Parrot

Member: 6242

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

Go to Classic-Pirates.com

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

-- The First Doctor

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."

-- The Seventh Doctor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ship, moc, prehistoric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links