Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

[HSH] Cat A - Ice planet apartment complex

When not working, the inhabitants of Ice planet 2002 go home to their small but functional apartments. The apartment complex is fitted with a garage, and high speed satellite communication. Rooms are rented fully furnished, but some choose to add their personal touch.

14076903255_da8eb4cbdc_z.jpg

14077380214_7c7c5963a8_z.jpg

13890281549_4fc2cddf5f_z.jpg

14053793876_fd31a08183_z.jpg

13890286137_8bfcb5a742_z.jpg

More pictures on flickr :sweet:

I LOVE this! Although it's just a minor detail, I especially appreciate that you used classic faces.

What is the trans-blue cylindar going up the length of the building? Is that an elevator?

Great job, and good luck! And all though it's a small detail, I just love the brilliant tread marks in the snow.

I LOVE this! Although it's just a minor detail, I especially appreciate that you used classic faces.

What is the trans-blue cylindar going up the length of the building? Is that an elevator?

Thank you :sweet:. I went treasure hunting in my old childhood Lego to find those ice planet figures and faces :laugh:

Yes, the cylindar is supposed to be some sort of elevator.

Wow. Brilliant rockwork and base. Great classic lego feel.

Gotta use all those white slopes I have for something :wink:

That cutaway is brilliance.

Yey :sweet:

Great job, and good luck! And all though it's a small detail, I just love the brilliant tread marks in the snow.

Thank you :sweet: The tread marks was actually the first thing I made, it's vital to the build! :wink:

Very nice, I just love Ice Planet and I love what you have done with the theme :)

Wow this turned out wonderfully. I love the way you did the coloring of the exterior and the interior is very nice. Great little tiny scenes inside.

Awesome MOC. I have always loved those colors together. Nice details in the apartment!

Really impressive build. I love the snow tracks and the cut-away.

This is awesome! The sideways garage door and the built in bunks are my favourite details.

Very nice, I just love Ice Planet and I love what you have done with the theme :)

Thanks :sweet:. It was one of my favourite themes as a kid, and my definitive favourite space theme.

Wow this turned out wonderfully. I love the way you did the coloring of the exterior and the interior is very nice. Great little tiny scenes inside.

Thanks! I tried to work with mostly the ice planet colors, with a few other color splashes inside, especially in the lady's room :wink:. It was kind of hard to get the rooms photographed though :wacko:. Maybe I should have done some overhead shots of the interior :look:. The floors come off as modules. It was late and I was tired when photographing :laugh:

Awesome MOC. I have always loved those colors together. Nice details in the apartment!

Really impressive build. I love the snow tracks and the cut-away.

Awesome MOC! I like how you did the mountains :)

Thanks! :sweet:

cool build! Love the tire tracks. But eating at that table must horrible :classic:

Haha, nah, I imagine they have mostly freeze dried food to eat, so the table is just for resting their elbows while eating out of the packaging :tongue:. Oh, and of course. the table is coated with anti-slippery material or something, so things stick to it :laugh:

This is awesome! The sideways garage door and the built in bunks are my favourite details.

Thanks! :sweet:. The sideways garage doors started from a need to have a wider opening, but I think the striping fits better with the overall build like that too.

That is so beautiful, IMO Ice planet was the best sci-fi theme so far and this building gives back the feeling perfectly. Good luck on the contest, This is my favorite!

That is so beautiful, IMO Ice planet was the best sci-fi theme so far and this building gives back the feeling perfectly. Good luck on the contest, This is my favorite!

Thanks! :sweet:

It would be really cool if Ice planet got a resurrect as a theme. Ice planet 2022!

Very nicely done. My favorite part is the snow tracks out front. Very clever idea.

Ice Planet was on my way out of Space as a kid, but I still did love it a lot. I keep browsing for old sets on ebay or considering bricklinking some, but Blacktron II always takes the lead..

Good luck!

Ice Planet 2002 is always a good color choice. And you performed great with it, especially the rockwork and the interior is spectacular !

nice build! Ice Planet was one of the first theme's I got when started with Lego. I think one of the things why I like it so much is that color contrast, White, Orange and Blue together :wub:

Very nicely done. My favorite part is the snow tracks out front. Very clever idea.

Ice Planet was on my way out of Space as a kid, but I still did love it a lot. I keep browsing for old sets on ebay or considering bricklinking some, but Blacktron II always takes the lead..

Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah, Blacktron II is awesome too, I had both growing up, and both have some really spiffy color schemes that I like a lot.

Ice Planet 2002 is always a good color choice. And you performed great with it, especially the rockwork and the interior is spectacular !

Thank you! :sweet: The practice on doing rockwork on my winter mountain is paying off :laugh:

nice build! Ice Planet was one of the first theme's I got when started with Lego. I think one of the things why I like it so much is that color contrast, White, Orange and Blue together :wub:

Thanks. I love working with strong color contrasts :wub: