Gungan Sets

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:25 PM

I was wondering about this the other day but how many people would like to see some new gungan sets to go along with the new MTT, NS and so on.I don't know why but a lot of people don't seem to like them  ;-) .
But hey the droids need something to destroy  :-D
Ideas and thought as always are welcome

Piranha

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#2 DoubleT

DoubleT

• The Joke Hunter

Member: 3

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

Well you can still get the Gungan Patrol very cheap he he
DoubleT, Co-Creator of EuroBricks.com & BrickHorizon.com

A Joker I Am

#3 morris

morris

Member: 847

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:43 PM

View PostPiranha, on May 20 2007, 11:25 PM, said:

I was wondering about this the other day but how many people would like to see some new gungan sets to go along with the new MTT, NS and so on.I don't know why but a lot of people don't seem to like them  ;-) .
But hey the droids need something to destroy  :-D
Ideas and thought as always are welcome

Piranha

no, i hate gungans, they are ugly

#4 BearHeart

BearHeart

Member: 1099

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

I LOVE GUNGANS *wub* , and I'd love to see at least one more gungan set released. Im hoping for it since we are getting a wave of Episode I sets this year.  *y*

#5 SWMAN

SWMAN

Member: 859

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:02 AM

I think lego needs to comeout with sets in battle-themed lines. They could have a Battle for Naboo one, with some droid sets, Gungan sets, and Naboo people sets. This would be great.
Chuck Norris doesn't hate the world. He just hates everyone in it.

#6 Athos

Athos

• Sloppiness Seeker

Member: 84

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:00 AM

I'd like a new Gungan. They could make a nice race of froglike people for Castle...

Steve

#7 Grand Moff Viceroy

Grand Moff Viceroy

Member: 1601

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:16 AM

Meesa love Gungans. I don't like the old sets because they are not bley and don't fit well with the others. They are hard to get though. Anyway, since Lego is making a new sub-theme called episode 1----high chance. More new re-releases. :-(  Anyway, if it doesn't come out (although i want a faamba) it could battle the clones, even though the vulture droid is the trade federation variant and colored differently in the separatist droid army.

#8 morris

morris

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

View PostBearHeart, on May 21 2007, 12:46 AM, said:

I LOVE GUNGANS *wub* , and I'd love to see at least one more gungan set released. Im hoping for it since we are getting a wave of Episode I sets this year.  *y*

i think the gungan time is over.

#9 Zaktan of the Shadows

Zaktan of the Shadows

Member: 1232

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:21 AM

I HATE JAR JAR BUT LIKE SOME GUNGANS.
But I don't need another set with them, thank you. ;-)

-ZotS

#10 morris

morris

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

View PostZaktan of the Shadows, on May 22 2007, 01:21 AM, said:

I HATE JAR JAR BUT LIKE SOME GUNGANS.
But I don't need another set with them, thank you. ;-)

-ZotS

but..........jar jar IS gungan

#11 Trionx

Trionx

Member: 1231

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

hmm, I don't really need more gungan people because when they first came out, everyone seemed to think that I needed one so I now have 47 million jar-jar minifigs  :-P

Posted Image

"I just won't rest until I can boil him down to a frothy liquid, ingest him, and unceremoniously evacuate him into the New York City sanitation system."
-Max, Sam & Max: The Big Sleep

Links Roll Call: Twitter Feed Steam Profile

#12 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

Two days ago I would have replied something totally different with nasty humour  :-D

After viewing Ep1 again and building my second MTT (yeay Naboo shall fall soon  :-D ) I clearly want some of those babies !!
* Trade Federation AAT (always loved that vehicle and never got one)
* at least a Naboo MF pack comprising a normal Gungan, a taardu, captain Tarpals and several Naboo fighters (the ones from the N1 set) with better bombas  X-D

I really am a fan of that battle of Naboo which has so much potential  8-  A true epic battle, so rare in that PT !!

Face it, in ep2, there are no good looking trade federation ships, and the only thing of interest is that Republican Gunship but I do not like the colors and the design of the clones !! I would rtather have loads of sets coming from the Clone Wars where that RG is a thing of beauty and the clones are the design from ep3 !!

*yoda*

#13 Scouty

Scouty

• 6 weeks late to the party!

Member: 863

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:10 AM

View Postxwingyoda, on May 22 2007, 09:42 AM, said:

Two days ago I would have replied something totally different with nasty humour  :-D

After viewing Ep1 again and building my second MTT (yeay Naboo shall fall soon  :-D ) I clearly want some of those babies !!
* Trade Federation AAT (always loved that vehicle and never got one)
* at least a Naboo MF pack comprising a normal Gungan, a taardu, captain Tarpals and several Naboo fighters (the ones from the N1 set) with better bombas  X-D

I really am a fan of that battle of Naboo which has so much potential  8-  A true epic battle, so rare in that PT !!

Finally! Some of the Light side is coming out :-P .

Gungan sets would be pretty neat. Like the giant creature that holds the shield generator. Or bongos!
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#14 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:35 AM

Even Master  *yoda* would like Gungan sets  X-O
As I said the droids need something to destroy
Maybe the gungans could have a new mold piece like Kit Fisto
Then they would look much better and maybe Lego could even put some color in
I would also like to see an AAT redesign
With new droids, a droideka and one naboo guard
Maybe even a Flash speeder with two guards and one droid
Captain Panaka would be cool too
8- All these sets have potential
Especially the naboo palace or little naboo houses

Naboo and TPM sets On!!!

Piranha

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#15 Grand Moff Viceroy

Grand Moff Viceroy

Member: 1601

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:03 PM

I would like gungans although i despise organic forces *vader* because something has to fight my mtts

#16 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

I know some people hate JarJar, but the gungans are a good species and I have a special favour for Captain Tarpals.
A battle pack with some (+/- 4)warriors, Tarpals and greater beasts would be nice.
Also a battle pack with naboo soldiers and Panaka (He would become later a Moff or grand moff >:-) )
Duke of Equestria

#17 Zzz

Zzz

• Flick-fires the hell out of aliens!

Member: 1281

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

emm... no Gungans and no NT for me anyway...

but what goes a bit on my nerves is that lego has always only one party of a battle in the stores... no?

I remember the AT-AT fighting against no Rebels or Snowspeeders, the new AT-ST fighting against no Ewoks and so forth...

we all here have what we wanna have, but it is still a toy and isn't it a bit complicated for kids to wait years to have the original enemy? isn't it a strange approach for a licensed toy company? emm... whatever...

:-)
"I am Iron Man."  -  "I am Groot!"

#18 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

I totally get your point Zzz. In the SW theme/universe, TLC really never made good vs bad kits unfortunatly. There are only too few exemples such as the Ywing and Tie X1, and JSF/N1 + Vulture Droid !!

They should always tend to have something of the other side in the set. For instance, in the AT-ST set, they shoulmd have included 1 Ewok + catapult: it would have increased playability a whole lot without increasing prices too much, really a win/win situation IMO.

Anyway, look at how other themes work: the new Castle and MM are exactly that: puting in each kit/set the good old good vs bad  ;-)

Only time can tell which is the proper approach  ;-)

*yoda*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users