DuckBricks

Anyone Else got this Problem?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hey guys,

I just got around to getting the 2013 Republic Gunship and has stuck Padme's head on sideways, assuming I could rotate it later. When I tried to move it, it wouldn't budge. I even asked several people in my house to try incase my hands were sticky, and used a rubber wine bottle opener, to no avail. I couldn't even pull it off. When my dad finally used plier and jammed it off, I noticed the black stripe on the neck attachment piece was printed sideways. I am not sure if this means anything. Also, most of it had rubbed off and stained the inside of the head black...

I have never noticed this in LEGO minifigures before, but has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Thanks,

legozebra

This has been a pretty common problem for me with new minifigures. For whatever reason, the "neck" of the torso grips the head very tightly when the head is put on for the first time. I think it has to do with the neck printing bonding with the inside of the head which makes it stick.

Typically what I do to avoid this is to rotate the minifigure head as place it onto the neck peg. This seems to keep the head from getting stuck.

It sounds like a similar issue I had with a older min-figure I had, if i recall correctly it got wet or chewed on and the head was hard to get off. I think I had to twist the head off (sorry my memory is fuzzy on the subject).

This happens to me a fair amount. Every few sets I buy, there is usually one minifigure whose head won't move once a place it on, annoyingly in most occurrences it is stuck at a useless angle. Sometimes I am able to twist them off and the second time I place them on they seem to rotate normally; but in an equal number of cases I just have to leave the figures as they are. With me, however, the black stripe is always printed normally and there is never any residue left on the inside of the head.

Typically what I do to avoid this is to rotate the minifigure head as place it onto the neck peg. This seems to keep the head from getting stuck.

This is what I've started doing with all of my new minifigures in an attempt to prevent the problem. So far, no head that I have twisted as I place it on has become stuck in that way.

I have the same problem with my new minifigs. Maybe it's because plastic is working?