Paprika2215

Building LEGO Island!

Hey there, everyone :laugh:

I'm Paprika2215 and I am working on a cool LEGO project :grin: -- if you read this topic's title, you know what this project is. Though let me first make crystal clear that this has nothing at all to do with LDD. I'm building LEGO Island... in LDD! I'm referring to the original LEGO Island video game. Yup, I'll be rebuilding that whole island in LDD, but not completely like it was in the game. For example, I will be making the island itself a bit bigger and a bit more... well, modern. The original LEGO Island video game was released in 1998, so it's a bit dated, obviously. So what I'm gonna do is this: I will start with the buildings, and work my way up from there. I will use some of the original buildings from the game, namely the following:

-- the info center

-- the hospital

-- the bank

-- the gas station

-- the racetrack building/tribunes

-- the 3 houses

As for the other buildings on the island, I will be using modern LEGO sets to replace them. Also, I will add more houses to the residential area -- in the game, there were only 3 houses and more than 11 places to work. So I'm fixing that. And after I've built all of the buildings, I will build the "baseplate", the island itself, which will probably be the most difficult and time-consuming part of this project. But I haven't gotten that far yet. I have already started with some of the buildings that weren't in the original game. And now we're getting to the reason I'm writing this topic. Yes, I'm sorry, I admit I always have a hard time keeping my story short, I know... :blush:

Anyway, I am going to need some help. I need help getting building instructions for all buildings mentioned above. There was this guy I used to email back and forth with -- let's call him "LegoMan", I don't remember his name -- who did this exact same project all by himself. He'd done all this research in order to find out about how to build each of the LEGO Island buildings, but I don't know how to do that -- I'm not technical like that. I don't know how to reprogram the LEGO Island game so I can view each building's layout in depth and layers. That's what this guy did in order to find out how to build the LEGO Island buildings, and at the time he wasn't willing to share his home-made instructions with me because his project wasn't just for fun and he told me his project would get some kind of "big reveal" or something to that effect. My project is exclusively for personal use, only in LDD. And like I said, I can't do what he did. That's why I'm asking the LEGO community here on Eurobricks for help!

This is just a personal project -- I'll only be doing it in LDD and I won't share it with anyone, except for maybe a few pictures. I really hope someone can help me out. :wink:

Thanks so much in advance! :sweet:

The police station, wave runner shack where for sure. I think the race way pit stop is this set as well. I am only going off memory and haven't been in that game in over 10 years. The rest will probably have to be MOCed. The buildings seemed pretty basic, so they shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Best of luck, I'd love to see this :classic:

Indeed, the police station, the surf shack and the racetrack building (with two race cars, the tribunes not included) were released as official LEGO System sets. Ahh, LEGO System -- that brings back some great memories from my childhood. I don't really remember for certain, but I think LEGO Island was what introduced me to LEGO in the first place. When that game came out, I was like, 6 years old, and even though I didn't understand English back then, I loved the game sooo much!

Anyway, I did in fact search the internet quite a bit to see if there was anyone out there who just might have instructions for me. Like I said in my original post, this guy I knew (whose name I now recall: Matt) he did give me his home-made building instructions for the LEGO Island pizzeria -- after all, you just can't have a LEGO Island without a pizzeria, right?! I built it according to his instructions and then made slight improvements (for example, the fact that the roof can now be easily removed and adding a sink, jukebox, and delivery van). In regards to the other LEGO Island buildings I'll need, I should be able to build them by just looking at them, with the only exception being the info center, which looks incredibly complicated to me. However, no matter where I look, I can't find good pictures of the buildings anywhere. If I could just get those pics (pics that show the buildings I need from many different angles would be best, though I still truly hope somebody else has already created such instructions) then I'd probably be able to do it myself. But the fact that I don't think I can do this that easily shows why I created this help topic in the first place...

I've played 1000 with this game.

I liked it :)

Good luck on your project, looks interesting n.n

Here is what I could get of the buildings in LEGO Island. Sorry so late, me and the computer had an argument.

http://www.bricksafe...sland buildings

These may come in handy, thanks! It's at least better than nothing at all, I suppose. Anyways, I checked the LEGO MOC website for a guy named Lucas Myers. He has built every LEGO Island building in real LEGO! He even created and printed special decals for them! It was thanks to Lucas that I happened upon the idea to build LEGO Island in LDD. But... I was never able to get in contact with him -- I posted comments on his creations page and asked him the same question I'm asking here now: if he could make building instructions for me. He never replied though... and ever since, I've been trying to either get in contact with him again, or find someone just like him. I haven't been very lucky on either of those ideas, unfortunately. I would love to build those buildings simply by looking at their pictures -- really, I'd do it in a heartbeat. However, my spatial awareness (I have no idea if that's the right word for it -- English isn't my native language) isn't that great. I can't think very well in 3D, even though I'm reluctant to just plainly admit that.

Long story short: I really want to get in contact with Lucas Myers or find somebody like him. The problem is, Lucas seemed very talented in details... and I'm a sucker for details. So, to recap, I need building instructions for these buildings:

-- the bank

-- the gas station

-- the info center

-- the hospital

-- the racetrack building/tribunes

-- the 3 houses

​That's all, folks. I truly hope someone can help me, though I appreciate the help I've already received. I'll be waiting... and I'll check this forum here daily. 'Till then!

Hi there, Weavil! Thumbs up -- two of them -- for finding this for me! The post you sent me a link of shows the pieces pretty clearly.

The post wasn't 100% to me though. It didn't include the info center, which I consider to be the most difficult to build without real building instructions. Also, the topic said that by clicking on each picture, you'd be directed to MOCpages and see the buildings in various angles. So I clicked one of the pictures, the ambulance, and it didn't work -- I was in fact directed to MOCpages, but it said that the page I was trying to get to didn't exist. I repeated the process with another picture, but the result was the same. Then I checked on which date the topic was created: in 2009, with the latest comment from December 2010. This topic has been dead for a couple years now, so I seriously doubt the original poster will update it again.

I may sound negative and perhaps ungrateful to you, so let me tell you that I'm not. I'm very glad you managed to find this for me, Weavil. I truly am -- now I will be able to proceed with my project for a while. I do however hope that you'll continue to search for me (of course, not just you, Weavil). I will still need instructions -- or something like this -- for the info center. The racetrack building also wasn't included in the topic, but since it has been released as an official set, it doesn't pose a problem.

Thanks a lot for your help! I truly appreciate it. Please continue searching if you can... I'll be waiting. :laugh:

I*ve built two of the homes years ago with MLCad, just in 1990s official set style. Both with furniture inside and open back, for playability.

panoramic-home.jpg

Here's the Panoramic home, which is the standard version of Home 3

Instructions are here: http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?f=91087

And second the Home 1, which I've built for real long ago, since it used mostly basic parts and the windows and doors from 1994's Century skyway. Instructions: http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?f=84573

Just don't ask why having steps adding many parts at a time, they are like late 80s instructions, except for the Piece Counts with each step.

aerial.jpg Aerial view of Home 1, this time built with real bricks.

Sadly , I didn't mind to try building the Info Center. But if you want the Lego Island buildings as some sort of City layout, I would recommend to build them just in good old 90s official Lego City style. Just 3 walls and an open backside for playability, that would fit to the Game, which came out just before Town junior, and still had the good old mid-90s Building style.

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi