13891149025_651f6327c3_c.jpg

Teeny Weeny races across the Wither Woods into Avalonia on a mercy mission. He must deliver the bandages to Benoic so that Lord de Gothia can heal the sick. Although the PGTC does not as a rule give things away for free, it is poor business practice to allow customers to perish. The giant Kaliphlin racing snail can travel swiftly and silently across these paths, although today it is carrying a heavy load.

:classic:

This is my entry for the Cotton for Avalonia mini-challenge. The inspiration is from Never-ending story (and we have been watching Turbo a little bit too!)

Edited by robuko

holy smokes robuko, I've just been loughing my butt off, this is really funny!

Great snail! I immediately thought of Turbo. Love the mixel eyes!

Totally unexpected, but this is great! Very nice looking snail, awesome first entry for the mini contest!

Great job! The incorporation of the snail is quite clever, and it looks excellent :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also, congratulations on getting frontpaged

Edited by Scaevola

Wow! The first time I have heard of anyone finding something useful for a snail to do; normally they just chomp up our garden enjoying their lush meals.

And not only is your snail useful, it is adorable! What a cute build that makes folks smile!

Thanks for your kind comments guys! This was just a little sketch for the snail, and also to try out my hypothesis that tree trunks (here in HK) are bleyer than brown. The tan elephant tail is such a wonderful piece, and it just begs to have some derpy Mixel eyes on it. I'm glad we can find some jolly things even with this terrible war on!

:classic:

I love the whimsy. That is really fun.

Nice one, Rob! It is really nicely done and I am sure the snail will like to go faster than normal! :grin:

Great little MOC, that snail is fantastic! :laugh:

Also really love the use of the turbans for cotton, really sells it for me. :thumbup:

I also thought of the Neverending story. I don't know if the snail was in the book but it was one of the things in the film I always was very fond of.