My main 2h 2013 wish would be a forklift released as a flagship/top-of-the-line-set forklift(for next year). Last I recall haveing seen a proper one was in the Forklift Transporter
, where the forklift was extremely plain.
Functions should/could be something similar to 8043 five/six functions dependig on where we count switching the gear box.
Basic features could include.:
* 1 x PF-L(or pf-xl depending on weight and speed) for drive(crawler reuse) which should be a simple four wheel base
* 1 x PF-S for steering(crawler reuse), and they could make the back wheels turn as on comon real forklifts
* 1 x PF-M for a pneumatic compressor(unimog style)
* 2 x PF-M for pneumatic valve control or two electro-pneumatic-valves(Tlg design team desicion and I preferre the intergrated option)
* 1 or 2 pneumatic extra long cylinders to raising and lower the forklift's forks, dependig on its power
* 1 big pneumatic cylinder for tilting the mast.
I know it could be in the high price range of common technic flagship. But it got a few arguments going for it.:
*The technic design team is know for a too strong liking one constructions machines as technic sets.
*Heavy part and design concept reuse from older flagship sets(crawler and unimog)
*Fit the constructions machinecs series nicely
*Only the pf-pneumatics-electro-valve and the extra long pneumatics cylinders are new parts. That whould also fit LEGO's refurbishment/expansion of the pneumatics line, as they started on during the unimog.
Edited by jacobkristensen, 29 July 2012 - 11:13 PM.