Mister Phes

Design a NEW LEGO Pirates Sub-Theme - Q&A

Design a NEW LEGO Pirates Sub-Theme

SUB-THEME SUGGESTIONS

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Please keep this thread for Questions & Answers so submit your ideas in the

Sub-Theme Suggestions thread.

LEGO_Pirate_Ambassador-Signature.gif

Anyway, that's my suggestion. Please tell me if there's anything I should reformat/change, as I did go a bit astray from the example given.

You're fine in terms of formatting. You've described the intent of the theme well without getting too specifics. Keeping things open in that way allows more design flexibility in the later stages.

You may reaffirm a suggestion that has already been submitted and provide additional ideas.

Do we do this separately from posts containing our own suggestions?

Do we do this separately from posts containing our own suggestions?

The way you've done it is fine. thumbup.gif

But if you want to reaffirm a second idea, then yes, please do so in a separate post.

Are we allowed to give feedback on the current suggestions thread, or must this wait for another thread or another time?

Are we allowed to give feedback on the current suggestions thread, or must this wait for another thread or another time?

The idea isn't to provide feedback on the suggestions but if you like an idea, write a pitch from your perspective.

• It must be a historic sub-theme set sometime during the 15th and 17th centuries (1600-1760) and the technology depicted must be relevant to the period. 100% history accuracy isn't necessary but excessive creative liberties cannot be taken.

I dont know if this is the right place to put this, but I think you mean between the 17th and 18th centuries. The 15th century is 1400-1500.

Also, is there any venue to comment about other people's submissions?

Edited by 2maxwell

I dont know if this is the right place to put this, but I think you mean between the 17th and 18th centuries. The 15th century is 1400-1500.

Actually its meant to be during the 16th and 18th centuries - thank you for pointing that out.

Also, is there any venue to comment about other people's submissions?

The aim isn't to comment on other people's suggestions but if you like an idea, write a pitch from your perspective.

The aim isn't to comment on other people's suggestions but if you like an idea, write a pitch from your perspective.

I had trouble to understand how to support ideas, and I still don"t know if I've done it the right way. I replied to an idea I like, and tried to be constructive by proposing some modifications.

I had trouble to understand how to support ideas, and I still don"t know if I've done it the right way. I replied to an idea I like, and tried to be constructive by proposing some modifications.

At the moment the project is trying to get all the ideas down on paper. Feel free to propose slight modifications.

When the ideas generation time period has finished the project management will collate the ideas together (potentially merging any that are very similar) and present them back to the community who will vote to create a popularity ranking. The most popular idea(s) will be taken forward to the design stage. During the design stage those ideas will be elaborated, various options around the theme can be explored, which is where the modifications different people have propose can be considered.

Full details of how each phase will be run, along with timelines and other detailed information will be presented in due course; whilst the management have a clear idea of the steps we want to take as seen in the Overview thread, we'll elaborate on the detail as needed and we need to keep the timelines flexible because we don't at this stage know how long some of the phases might take.

Are we supposed to be assuming the presence of the established factions of the pirates and the imperial forces (red/blue coats)? I'm assuming yes to both.

Are we supposed to be assuming the presence of the established factions of the pirates and the imperial forces (red/blue coats)? I'm assuming yes to both.

You don't have to assume anything about established factions, the only criteria that we're adhering to is that if fits within the Pirates time frame between the 16th and 18th centuries and that it is related to the maritime exploits of the people and countries exploring/exploiting the Caribbean and Americas at that time.

I think many are wondering about how to support an idea.

I assumed there will be a poll after the deadline and the current thread is just for brainstorming/pitching ideas.

The pitches will be condensed down to merge duplicates and then there will be a round of voting to see which ideas are most popular. One or two of the ideas will progress through to the later stage where we'll elaborate on specific sets and eventually we'll get to design.

I think many are wondering about how to support an idea.

If you don't have anything new to add to an existing pitch, simply quote it in a new post.

Otherwise write a pitch in your own words (also in a new post).

I assumed there will be a poll after the deadline and the current thread is just for brainstorming/pitching ideas.

Yes, that is correct. Like The_Cook mention, the most popular ideas will be condensed into a poll.

Adventures in the Orient

You haven't read all the rules carefully my friend. It says clearly:

• It must be based within the Caribbean, Central America or the home country of a nation involved in the exploration or settlement of that region,E.g. English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, etc. So ideas like Barbary Corsairs, Asian Pirates, Napoleonic Wars, etc. are too far removed.

You haven't read all the rules carefully my friend. It says clearly

Neither have you it seems, because the first post of the Sub-Theme suggestion thread also clearly says:

Please keep this thread for suggestions ONLY

Nonetheless, thank you for taking the initiative, if you spot any future breaches please post them in the Questions & Answers thread.

It didn't say ONLY and it didn't say we cannot intervene... or at least I thought we could do so... Sorry nonetheless pirate_satisfied.gif

Anyway, are we supposed to support certain Ideas in this topic or will there be an another one created to do so - since we are not supposed to support these Ideas in the Suggestions Topic and they have to be supported to advance into a poll.

Anyway, are we supposed to support certain Ideas in this topic or will there be an another one created to do so - since we are not supposed to support these Ideas in the Suggestions Topic and they have to be supported to advance into a poll.

Yes, you may support existing ideas in the Sub-Theme Suggestions thread so I've revised the "What to Do" section to make the procedure is clearer:

If you support an existing pitch or ideas from an existing pitch you may either:

• Quote the entire pitch in a new post.
  • Write your own version of that pitch in a new post.

It has been discussed earlier in this thread and I thought The_Cook had clarified, but perhaps not. Does my above instructions help clear things up?

It is pretty clear now, thank You.

Cook didn't state much about supporting, only about merging and creating a poll from the most popular ideas.

My confusion came from a matter whether "popularity" should be obtained by support, or by being the most copied Idea.

It is pretty clear now, thank You.

You're welcome!

My confusion came from a matter whether "popularity" should be obtained by support, or by being the most copied Idea.

There are a dozen sub-theme ideas percolating at the moment but only half a dozen will probably make the poll.

So the ideas with the most support will most likely be the ideas which are added to the poll.

Apologies if I'm missing / overlooking something obvious somewhere, but, er... what's this for? Is this just something being done for fun purely by the Pirates forum people here on EB, or is this something the Ambassadors will submit to TLG and which might actually become an actual subtheme of real, commercial sets in stores, or what?

Edit: Nevermind; I just found the relevant thread. I don't know how I'd overlooked it before, but there it is. Got it!

Edited by Blondie-Wan

or is this something the Ambassadors will submit to TLG and which might actually become an actual subtheme of real, commercial sets in stores, or what?

Ya know, the LEGO Ambassador logo plastered everywhere might have been the first hint... pirate_laugh2.gif

lego_ambassador-pirate.png

I would actually merge these ideas for the poll- very similar.

All similar ideas will be merged into the one poll option as there will not be variations of the same idea.