Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[mini MOCs] AT-TE & LAAT/s

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I am not a big fan of the prequel trilogy but I couldnt resist to give a try on the brick masters mini builds, however due to the unavailability of some bricks and esthetical purposes, I made several improvements over the oficial design.

13336365324_09c542f098.jpg

P1010058 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

13336110663_ba6a663e5c.jpg

P1010079 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

And here is a mini version of my LAAT/s which you can see over here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87241&hl=laat

13336354054_bbacff486e.jpg

P1010075 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

13336358614_ccb37076b1.jpg

P1010069 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Jippie, more micro's! You've nailed those two PT vehicles.

Especially the ATTE is very well done. It's very recognizable, and I'm surprised how much articulation there is. It's both fun to play with and nice to look at with all those details. My only remarks would be that you lost the verticallness of the cockpit with that horizontal grill tile, and that the legs could be a little longer. But it's definetly an improvement over the Brickmaster model.

I'm less a fan of the LAATs, because it looks very bulky, almost like a bumblebee unable to fly. You've detailed it as good as can be, but still I find it a bit lacking. Maybe making it a size bigger would help here. Nonetheless, it's already quite good.

Keep'm coming! You've prove yourself to be quite masterfull in these.

Thanks to you both, the cockpit is the only part I am not a 100% satisfied with, and that horizontal grill does make it look a little odd, however this was the only solution I could come up with, regarding to the LAAT, it is a little bulky, more minis may come to be made in the future, I want to give a try on capital ships.

Looks just like the Brickmaster versions. Good job.

They both are actually inspired on brickmasters but both designs have significant flaws.