• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic  – Started by -DoNe- , Mar 13 2014 05:41 PM

#26 Kolonialbeamter

Kolonialbeamter
  • Makes ridiculous threats!

Member: 118216

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Wow, great progress and change!
First off, concerning your removal of the (lower) prefabs, you have chosen... wisely. I agree that the ship looks much better like this, and in combination with the renewed color scheme it makes for more realism. On the other hand it's a bit of a pity, 'cause I really liked your use of brown...
Can't say much more, the lines are looking good, I'm looking forward to see more.
One last thing for now, maybe... You might want to prepare yourself for the urge to widen your ship, going for a completely custom hull... which might come, when you build the aft section, for she might become too 'thin'...
Anyway, great ship so far,
keep it up!

Regards

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

'The only True Side is the Blue SideTM'

My Brickshelf My Flickr

#27 Louie le Brickvalier

Louie le Brickvalier
  • Working in every corner of the ship!

Member: 78505

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

Great decision on the color change -I love that color scheme! Great work thus far! Posted Image

#28 -DoNe-

-DoNe-

Member: 28660

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostKolonialbeamter, on 14 April 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Wow, great progress and change!
First off, concerning your removal of the (lower) prefabs, you have chosen... wisely. I agree that the ship looks much better like this, and in combination with the renewed color scheme it makes for more realism. On the other hand it's a bit of a pity, 'cause I really liked your use of brown...
Can't say much more, the lines are looking good, I'm looking forward to see more.
One last thing for now, maybe... You might want to prepare yourself for the urge to widen your ship, going for a completely custom hull... which might come, when you build the aft section, for she might become too 'thin'...
Anyway, great ship so far,
keep it up!

Regards
I'm quite fond of the with so far. I will finish the middle section where the longboats will be situated and then decide if I have to widen it. Thanks!

View PostLouie le Brickvalier, on 15 April 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Great decision on the color change -I love that color scheme! Great work thus far! Posted Image
Thank you! Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

Flickr   Brickshelf     MOCpage

#29 Dread Pirate Wesley

Dread Pirate Wesley

Member: 7124

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

I'm a little late to this party but it is looking good so far!  I especially like the tiled deck.  Sebeus is probably correct in stating that it will look quite narrow on prefab hulls, but you have already taken measures to fit a lot of detail into a narrower hull.  Good work so far, glad she will also have an interior :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley
"You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Wesley..."

Flickr

Posted Image

Persephone                           The Pickle

#30 -DoNe-

-DoNe-

Member: 28660

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostDread Pirate Wesley, on 22 April 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

I'm a little late to this party but it is looking good so far!  I especially like the tiled deck.  Sebeus is probably correct in stating that it will look quite narrow on prefab hulls, but you have already taken measures to fit a lot of detail into a narrower hull.  Good work so far, glad she will also have an interior :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley
Yes, she looked a bit to narrow on those hull pieces indeed. I'am fairly happy with the looks of her without the hull pieces but the width still concerned, but as soon as my bl order arrives I'll do a moc-up of the stern to see her in full length, hopefully it looks good but if not I will have to widen her. Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

Flickr   Brickshelf     MOCpage

#31 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

:shark:
I was right

I like her new colorscheme, suiting for an English warship, the weather deck looks great.
I'm convinced that this ship will be a beauty when finished even if she does appears to be a bit too narrow eventually.

Personally I think, for a prefab hull, 4 midsections is a maximum, nevertheless, other ship builders find some of my ships too wide for their lenght
so I guess it's also partially a matter of preference Posted Image .
Keep it up!
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ship, of, the, line

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links