1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

My Padawans,

After that political debate last night, I was in a building and reviewing frenzy so here is that glorious Naboo Fighter (NF) � and accessorly that Vulture Droid (VD) review !! Since I never had the first MF Naboo version, I was really happy when I learned that TLC was going to have a new Naboo and I have to say TLC made a real great set !! So here we go !!

1/Instructions & MFs

Nothing really to mention regarding the booklet (it also has the moron drawings !!). There is also that DSS !! (Dreaded Sticker Sheet).However the MFs are way more interesting !!

img_3469.jpg

img_3475.jpg

* The NF pilot is really a cool fig: great torso (that could be used for WWI pilots IMO) and it has a �bonus� cap when the helmet is not on !! Some will be annoyed by the fact that the head used is a normal fleshie smilley but not me since I love that head and since that pilot is a normal troup guy.

img_3478.jpg

* Young Anie is a real �cute� fig with a nice torso and especially with great hair piece (I really love that colour that is present on the VD). Also look at them both together hehe

img_3477.jpg

img_3480.jpg

* Yeay, another R2 !! (Do you feel the irony in here). No pics (G i wonder why :-P ).

2/The NF

I love that ship and that version is really great !! The only thing I did not like (like always when DSS are included) is putting those darn stickers, especially that the yellow is not the same as the bricks :-| Next time use transparent sheet like with the VD !! That sticker is the only valuable one:

img_3495.jpg

The shape is really slim and really captures perfectly (or really next to perfect) of the actual NF. Here I have to say thgat pics are better than words so:

img_3482.jpg

img_3484.jpg

img_3488.jpg

img_3486.jpg

The engines are nice. The only grip I would have is the the non use (like the UCS crapy model) of the trans blue part on the rear of the engine (Mod On !!).

img_3487.jpg

Unlike the JSF, the NF has 2 main playability aspects:

* R2 can �slide off� (I don�t see the point but oh well...). The rear part where he stands goes down to �liberate� the little droid

img_3494.jpg

* Yeay another catapult under the ship !!

img_3497.jpg

On Kim�s scale ( X-D ), its a perfect set to swoosh in the nudes and a great set to chase cats (or others nuisance in an appartment :-D !!)

3/The Stand

Its a really nice small added feature to the set !! I feared that it would fire the gun when displayed but no !! Its nice to notice that the NF is inclined in the front when put on the stand. The thing that I don�t get is the use of the diver sub gun on the ladder (actually who cares).

img_3499.jpg

4/The VD

Oh boy I really hate those stickers (Rant On !!). Anyway I have mixed feelings regarding the VD. The colour scheme is really great, way better than the first version. Sorry I have no first version for comparison pics (I have dismantled all of them !!). The use of that dark tan is amazing, its such a beautifull colour !! Design wise I am not a fan due to the use of those droid arms on the wings and on the head !!It makes the whome ship filmsy like hell !! Personnally I would have made that colour scheme with the design of the ep3 VD. Oh well, its not the major aspect of this set anyway hehe. Hereis the VD in his 3 positions:

img_3501.jpg

img_3502.jpg

img_3503.jpg

Another great PT set. G, I am becoming such a SW nerd !! I was only a OT fan but those new ep1 sets are a thing of beauty !! Arghhh darn you Lego !!

That all for now folks, untill next time...

*yoda*

Fantastic review! I might get this set depending on how much money I have left ;-)

This is great! Actually, I really like that the R2 can slide off, it shows that happening in the movies, and up till now it has just been left out! What I don't like, however, is that the stickers are a different color than the bricks...I'm starting to get really fed up with these color problems!

Also, what about the shooting mechanism? Does it go off easily when swooshing, or you don't have to be careful?

Also, what about the shooting mechanism? Does it go off easily when swooshing, or you don't have to be careful?

Ah a good question !! For once you can swoosh all you want with it without having a "rubber incident" :-D Unlike the Tie Bomber :-P

The only thing to be careful is when you put the NF on its stand: you see that there is a whole is the stand and the trigger mechanism of the canon is suppose to fit in there !! Do it gently and no problemos !! If no, there might be an "incident" hehe !!

Swoosh On !!

*yoda*

Nice review as always *yoda*

Will definatley have some of those.

Nice feature with the "escape-thing" for the astromech.

Is the "head" "turnable" on the VD?

Swooch On!

...aaand there was a new titel as well...

Thanks Yoda!

Is the "head" "turnable" on the VD?

It is Ras !! It can easilly turn from side to side !! Do you want a pic showing how it turns or operates ? I can easilly post more pics for you tomorrow ;-)

Review On !!

*yoda*

...aaand there was a new titel as well...

Thanks Yoda!

Loool you noticed :-P At least you don't have Kim's title X-D

*yoda*

Very nice review, thanks for taking the time to do it.

I'm partly cloudy on this set, it just doesn't do anything for me. The DSS makes it even less desirable.

The N-1 does seem to be a much better design the the first one so that is a plus. The minifigs look good as well.

A great review yoda as always and some great pics! I too like the loading-unloading thingy for R2 :-D and what great minifigs *wub* . I take it that the MTT was not in stock when you bought these 2 sets?

I take it that the MTT was not in stock when you bought these 2 sets?

It was !! The only problem is money !! Still waiting for Bday money ;-) It was a choice between the MTT or those 2, and since we saw already loads of pics of the MTT, I thought that the SW community here on EB would prefer to see those 2 ;-) Am I nice or what !!

Also looking at trhe price, the MTT will not get out of stock unlike the 2 others I imagine !!

*yoda*

That must have been one hard choice to make. 2 good sets or one of the best sets we have seen in years! I don't envy you that decision.

Nice. The droid mechanism is a novel, if unexpected, touch. Is it sturdy in holding the droid, or does it have a tendancy to flop? The dark tan is really nice, and I actually think the droid arms on the VD are quite good. It looks a bit more accurate now.

nice review *yoda*

I hadn't the old set so I will definetely buy this set, nice figs, nice starfighter, nice flydroid

Neat set, not a SW fan but it looks like a heathly source of yellow and grey bricks.

I'm really hating the stickers, especially the ones used to portray the guns on the nose. Stickers for emblems and such are... tolerable, but I really don't think they should be used to substitute actual 'hardware'.

Once again, great set. A consideration I might buy. Just for the figs and Naboo fighter. The VD is O.K.

I'm not a SW fan, but this lil'Anakin is so cute! His face and the HP hair piece in dark tan, so nice! But spending so much money in this set just for this piece, no...

Nice review.

A non SW fan >:-)

Very good review!

The pictures are very sharp and the light is perfect.

I won't have any money this year to spend on SW (building a house), but this is certainly a set with a very high playability factor and a must-have for the SW-fans.

Yep, beside those stickers I guess that this version is much better than the old

"get shorty" one. Hmm.... shall I buy this? I

Well Thanks again for the review :-)

Wow

The NS was quite nicer than I expected

Love the Coelacanth logo on the side

Too bad it is a sticker :-(

R2 can slide in and out,cool

Ric Olie is very nice and so is Anakin

The VD I like much better than the orginal

The side wings open up with out having to take them off and move them

Now all we need is an EPIII version

A must buy

Piranha

(MTT 8-

img_3477.jpg

Doesn't that Anakin hair just scream

st2-khan.gif

Steve, who's is the superior intellect...

I'm with mixed feelings about these new sets.

On the one hand, I absolutely love this set. It captures the originals well. On the other hand, I'm tight on money. Summer 2007 is going to be murder to my funds- there's the MTT, the new exo-force sets, castle sets, and of course more than my fair shair of battle packs.

The only plentiful thing I have right now is space. (nice house, practically every room in the place has vaulted ceilings :-| ) But, alas, space and lack of lego money don't mix well.

Oh well, enough of my problems. Excellent review, *yoda*

You'll have to excuse me, I think I hear my wallet dying...

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

Excellent review and certainly an interesting set.

Love the minifigs, hate the stickers. Go figure. At least the comparison shot of the two minifigs together made Anakin look a little less anime than I thought he was going to be. The eyes just look big when he's seen seperately. Whew.

Thanks for the review!