Sign in to follow this  
sin

[SoNE Freebuild 2] A Helping Hand...

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Ah, the beaches of Spira... There is nothing like the feeling of sprawling out on the sand with the sun beating down, soft breeze licking at your face...

There is also nothing like the jarring realization that you are, in fact, not vacationing on Spira - you are floating in a bacta tank.

12324305035_f4340bc5ab_o.jpg

With that the reality of all that happened on Tatooine came rushing back to me. A quick glance towards the end of my right arm confirmed it.

12324459193_b44748d943_o.jpg

I had given up all hope of rescue, my only wish was that I would be long dead before the scavengers found me. Who found me and how?

The 2-1B unit drained the bacta tank. It felt good to support my own weight again. I glanced past the monitors and saw an operating table prepped with a Repli-Limb hand, the neural-interface rods sticking awkwardly out of the end of it.

"This is probably going to hurt..." I said out loud to no-one in particular.

"I am preparing a neural bypass sir", the droid replied. "Though I will need to remove it before we perform the sensation test".

I settled onto the table, "Damn thing is right" I thought to myself, "I can't feel a thing from the shoulder down".

12324310685_9a1e8f29d0_o.jpg

As I watched the droid work my thoughts drifted away to my squad. I could feel my face redden as the anger welled up inside me. "This hand will be the hand of vengeance for them", I took a deep breath and made a a tight fist with my new hand, "and I will not waiver in my determination to exact it".

12324311725_22e1b8ecda_o.jpg

"Sir" said the droid, interrupting my thoughts, "please report to the Captain for debriefing".

Alright, time to get some answers...

12324312935_53f23b8ac4_o.jpg

Comments and criticism is most welcome, this is only my second MOC/vignette so I'm eager for feedback. I would like for this to be judged for SoNE.

Here are a few other angles:

12324460463_6ededc76ee_o.jpg

12324461593_b9ba7c9373_o.jpg

12324309645_8ab545b95d_o.jpg

For anyone interested here is part 1: Left for Dead

Only your second build, and you're already improving notibally. I really like all the greebles here (even more then in your previous build), and it's cool what you've done with those fence pieces. For the sake of consistancy, you might use that technique to create some kind of whole back wall, to really set this scene into the space.

A downside with all the greebles, is that the scene seems kind of cluttered. Maybe you could resolve that by moving all non-functional greebles to the outside of the MOC, and keep the important bits like the chair and the tank in the middle, along with some floor covering. Also, I'm glad to see you've used some distinctive colors for those key elements in your scene. You could take that further by makeing the chair and the bacta tank entirely white (except for the screen of the tank of course).

Anyway, I'm glad to see you survived, to come back and give us this wonderful build. I'm already excited how you were saved...

I really like your builds, they're small, and yet very detailed! :thumbup:

I hope you stick around for the next episode, and give the Empire some much needed help. :classic:

Thank you guys for taking the time to comment, I appreciate the feedback!

I agree with you Beaver, I felt it was kind of cluttered when I had finished. I did eliminate a few things that helped before I took pictures (it was more cluttered than you see here originally, if you can believe that). Admittedly, that's kind of the look I was going for - I wanted a sort of industrial medical bay where they would focus more on throughput and efficiency than anything aesthetic.

I should also mention that with this build, I tried to only use parts from the most recent Echo Base set. The only pieces in it that aren't from Echo are (4) 6x16 dark bley plates that I used to make the base and floor. I am kind of retentive ( :grin: ) with my collection and I try not to mix up my sets, figuring out what pieces go where after the fact is a big pain... I do have a couple BL orders on the way with about 650 parts that I bought mainly for SoNE purposes, it's Star Wars and I need more greys!

Lego Spy, I will stick around. Hopefully I can help tip the scales back in the right direction!

I for one really like the cluttered look. Reminds me of the carbonite room from Cloud City or the chamber where Vader gets his armor for the first time. Your greebles are amazing and your base is incredible! And also,

AH! There is a naked trooper running around the ship! *oh2*

Thanks MKJosha! Don't worry, he is a bit nippy and is on the search for his armor :laugh:

I think the cause of the busy-ness and the clutter is the fact that a lot of the greebles don't seem to make sense where they're put; they look like they're just placed in random places. A console in the side of the floor, a sort of cage supporting some signs and lights but containing or protecting from nothing, a transparent dish just sitting in the middle of an assembly coming off of a hose — things like that.

I think this is already a good MOC, but if you work on giving purpose to at least larger sections of greebles, and then go for a more subtle effect with smaller random details (and like BEAVeR said, a more unified color scheme might help), the clutter will give way to the industrial look you want. :classic:

Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback Brickdoctor :classic:

I have been building up my supply of parts this month for the next chapter of this story. I think trying to only use parts from 1 set was far too limiting for this build and resulted in making some concessions with colors and parts, this definitely contributed to the randomness (that and I am new at this!). The next installment will be radically different from this, well at least as different in style as this build was from chapter 1 :wink: . First build was terrain, second lots of greebles, and for the third I am going to try a much cleaner style...

I think trying to only use parts from 1 set was far too limiting for this build and resulted in making some concessions with colors and parts, this definitely contributed to the randomness (that and I am new at this!).

Oh, you did this from only one set? Always more impressive when it's an alt model. Just try not to go overboard with adding pieces just because you still have extra pieces that you can use. :wink: