70410 Soldiers Outpost

LEGO-Pirates-Soldiers-Outpost-70410.jpg

LEGO-Pirates-Soldiers-Outpost-70410-1.jpg

post-273-0-91403700-1415165117_thumb.jpg

70409 Shipwreck Defense

LEGO-Pirates-Shipwreck-Defense-70409.jpg

LEGO-Pirates-Shipwreck-Defense-70409-1.jpg

post-273-0-04862300-1415165032_thumb.jpg

Admiral Croissant:We were discussing possible new Pirate sets for 2014 in the 2013 thread, so let's continue here pirate_classic.gif

EDIT by Mister Phes:

UPDATE April 8, 2014

At 3PM/15.00 April 7, Danish Time it was confirmed on ReBrick.com that a new LEGO Pirates ship will be released early next year so this thread has been retitled "2015 LEGO Pirate Rumors and discussion"

If you wish to learn more or enter their promotion please visit the:

ReBrick "Name the Ship" Contest thread

EDIT by Capt. Stabbin:

14124042498_8a6fa508aa_b.jpg

post-273-0-60143500-1415165009_thumb.jpg

Anybody has seen this new ship from the movie? it appears to be metal beard's ship, and its an actual set default_huh.gif

They include the double-decker couch! Um... okay! And it has the space guy and the Morgan Freeman guy, and Metalbeard gets a smaller version of his mech.

Ship definitely doesn't fit in with the pirate theme very well, but good enough parts set... I'll probably get it just to satisfy my craving for pirate theme, and maybe to send a message that pirate ships always sell...

It's a shame that the other 'themed' sets, the city, space and castle sets from the Movie theme all have quite good models that fit in well with their themes, but the Pirate sets don't fit in well with the Pirate theme at all.

Edited by David Thomsen

Anybody has seen this new ship from the movie? it appears to be metal beard's ship, and its an actual set default_huh.gif

That is one weird "bum'ed"ship. It looks taller than it is long. The sails are technic fenders. Is that another full sized Metalbeard mech? If so this thing is enormous. And joy of joys... Benny! (Ok he's not Pirate related, but still Benny!). And Wow the bizarreness just continues. A Flying Cow. Emmett's double decker couch. And 2700 pieces?!? I think we can safely identify the smoke coming out of that smokestack?

And 2700 pieces?!?

Yeah that's even more than the Imperial Flagship, but it looks like this set has lots of very small parts. I would love to see inside the ship. What other accessories and features does it come with?

I think we can safely identify the smoke coming out of that smokestack?

Ah, it's a smokestack... I couldn't figure that out. Thought it was some kind of weird periscope.

This series has a lot of cannons alt least, for those in need of that pirate_satisfied.gif

I see at least three at the ship, could be the same at the other side. MetalBeard's Duel and Creative Ambush comes with two etch so should be some useful pieces for the MOCèrs out there?!

This series has a lot of cannons alt least, for those in need of that pirate_satisfied.gif

I see at least three at the ship, could be the same at the other side. MetalBeard's Duel and Creative Ambush comes with two etch so should be some useful pieces for the MOCèrs out there?!

No way, what official lego set ships learned me is what you see (on the box) is what you get, if you see three cannons you see all of them, a lego ship never contained more than 4 cannons and only one ship had a it's gun deck fully occupied (being the Black Seas Barracuda).

Anway, I do agree that Metalbeard's ship could be useful for the MOCers here pirate_satisfied.gif .

That ship is awesome, I've been trying to make something like that for years, its a really nice looking ship.

But as we all know, its gonna be expensive like.........Davy Jones's Locker............

That Lego Movie ship is insane...and not necessarilly in a good way...I guess I'll need to see more detailed pictures but I can't help wondering what an awesomely realistic pirate set they could have built with that piece count.

I guess Lego realises that there is a market out there for pirate ships which is why we seem to get them almost every year - even if only in the Lord of the Rings or Lego Movie themes.

I did some quick color correcting to MetalBeard's Sea cow. It is far from perfect but it looks alot better now.

11713709984_e052e3dde5_o.jpg

While it may not appeal to some pirate fans I think this steampunk flying pirate ship is awesome. (I am just guessing it flies, I mean why wouldn't a steampunk pirate ship fly. :pir-wink: )

The really funny thing is my non-Lego fan wife doensn't find the 10210 Imperial Flagship impressive at all. However, she saw this and thought it was awesome looking. Steampunk for the win. :pir-grin:

I did some quick color correcting to MetalBeard's Sea cow. It is far from perfect but it looks alot better now.

While it may not appeal to some pirate fans I think this steampunk flying pirate ship is awesome. (I am just guessing it flies, I mean why wouldn't a steampunk pirate ship fly. :pir-wink: )

The really funny thing is my non-Lego fan wife doensn't find the 10210 Imperial Flagship impressive at all. However, she saw this and thought it was awesome looking. Steampunk for the win. :pir-grin:

It does look better :thumbup:

It's all a matter of opinion I suppose, I've never been much of a fan of the Imperial Flagship (honestly I found it rather ugly).

I couldn't say metalbeard's ship is beautiful... but it sure has character and has a lot more to offer for a ship-builder like me than the IFS does. pirate_classic.gif

This ship - absolute madness! Real steampunk. pirate_oh3.gif

I agree with Lord Insanity: it is quite probable that this ship can float by sea and fly by air. Propellers obviously for this purpose! pirate_classic.gif

It's a shame the movie doesn't give us any decent Pirate parts... there's the queen mermaid, if you allow fantasy elements in your Pirate theme (and then, blue-haired mermaids?) and Metalbeard's head and hat, which also have limited usage. Unless your pirates have their eyepatches riveted on.

For a set this large, it really doesn't have any exclusive minifigs, so I'm sure they could have included a decent pirate, although then I guess he or she would be crazy expensive to get hold of. Unless the ship is so fully automated that it doesn't need any crew, and what kind of ship would... oh...

Also, can't believe no one has pointed out that the title for this page has been outdated for a few days now. :wink:

There is a good chance they will give us something, especially since it is the 25th anniversary of pirates, and we know for sure that the mini figure series after the Simpsons will feature figures from various themes including castle and pirates.

Source: Lego Mini-figures Online Game

What year is this? ;)

I think the Movie ship is great, it provides a parts pack. The instructions are a waste of paper for me but those parts look good.

Haha! Is the title a bit outdated?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The movie ship should be good for parts... A multiple deck galleon will be in the works once I get the set(s)... ;)

I guess for once it doesn't look like they're going to shortchange you on cannons on the Sea Cow, I guess...

Lets hope that they don't make the cannons only on one side, and make us move them to the other... Like almost every other ship. However, there appears to be multiple decks but I'm not sure yet. We shall see...

It better be good! ;)

I'm not a very good MOCer but this does look like it'd be good for parts. Since I'm not into MOCing (yet) I'm not sure its worth purchasing or not.

I would love to support pirates and pirate ships by buying this. Hopefully my purchase would translate to LEGO that there's still a market for Lego Pirates, in a hope that they'll return one day.

On the other hand, it's WAY too odd of a ship for me to get too excited about, and at 2700+ pieces I'm scared to see what the price would be.

Since everyone else seems to love it, I'll go ahead and be the odd one: I think the Sea Cow looks absolutely terrible. I doubt I'd even want to buy it at half price.

Just re-introduce Pirates as a theme this summer already, LEGO! Darnit.

I totaly agree with you @Hive. Even if somebody like this cyberpunk stuff, I just want good old pirates.

I think the Sea Cow looks absolutely terrible. I doubt I'd even want to buy it at half price.

Totally concur on the model. However it has been a long time since I thought of any Pirate set as anything other than a "parts pack". With all the great MOC ships and forts and other builds for inspiration official Pirate sets all look rather sad to me.

edit: Sorry, the Imperial Flagship (6271) is an exception to the above. I think it holds up OK in a world of MOCs.

edit2: LOL, of course I meant (10210) above.

Edited by tedbeard

The ship is over the top. It looks like a good source of parts though. Wonder if they will be discounted at some point.

I originally said I was going to buy this set just to send a message that Lego Pirate sets will always sell, but I'm having second thoughts... it does look like incredible fun to build, but it doesn't belong with my other Pirate sets, so it'll be a stand-alone quasi-Pirate set in my collection. And at the price it's going to cost... if I'm going to get a stand-alone set, I'd get Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship, which is cheaper and functions as a nice nostalgia piece.