DarthYannick

[Review] The Millennium Falcon Microfighter

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-35-Modifier1-590x393.jpg

I introduce you to the Microfighter Millennium Falcon set. As you know, I already own the X-Wing one. These sets are kinda cute.

Again, unlike the planet serie, they are made for fun and play around with them, not just for display.

I like this Millennium Falcon, I mean, c’mon, it’s Han Solo starship after all! I always preferred him over Luke. But straight away after building the set, and taking pictures, I modified it. You can see what I did to my brand new Millennium Falcon below, alongside the X-Wing...

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-16-590x393.jpg

Front view, Han Solo on the left, “in the cockpit”. Kind of. Front view is looking nice.

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-23-590x393.jpg

Left side. Cool.

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-27-590x393.jpg

Back side. I don’t know why, but I kinda don’t like it that much. Something doing with the nozzles.

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-31-590x393.jpg

Right side. Cool too. But this is where I did the mods. Just to get rid of the pilot. I like the Microfighters sets, I don’t want to use the pilot.

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-40-590x393.jpg

Bottom side. I don’t like it at all. I might change it one day if I find an idea good enough to get rid of these 4 landing pads.

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-582-590x393.jpg

My mods on the X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon.

Han Solo – New Version vs Old Version

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-14-590x393.jpg

With this set, I have now 2 versions of Han Solo. On the left is the version you get with the A-Wing set, on the right, the version sold with this Microfighter.

Starting with the head. A new one, with two different faces. One happy face and one worried face I presume. I prefer the worried one. Suits Han Solo better imho. Torso is the same in both version.

Pants are different with this Microfighter version. Different colour and different serigraphy.

I prefer this new version of Han Solo. Just because of the two facial expression. It’s kinda great for different game situation while playing.

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-09-590x393.jpg

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-11-590x393.jpg

Packaging and Instructions

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-44-590x393.jpg

Something about the packaging now. Small classy box. Way nicer than the Planet Serie with its big planet. Front box is the Millennium Falcon, with a very worried Han Solo riding it. Back box is busy showing you lots of stuff. The other models, the Millennuim Falcon and Han Solo alongside and with his happy face, and some ads for their mobile phone applications. It’s too much.

MicrofighterFalcon-23012014-45-590x393.jpg

The instruction leaflet now. Nothing too difficult while building the set. About 2-4 pieces to add per page. It takes about 10-15 minutes to build. I’m a slow builder because I always do few things at the same time…

MilleniumFalconLEGO007-590x393.jpg

MilleniumFalconLEGO008-590x393.jpg

MilleniumFalconLEGO009-590x393.jpg

MilleniumFalconLEGO010-590x393.jpg

Edited by DarthYannick

Definitely be picking up this one I love the new fig and the mini MF. Good review, but could you show a picture of the mods you made? I'd like to do that to mine, I don't need it looking like a giant Han-bot climbed on to my MF and took it over, why anyone would like that leaves me baffled.

The difference between the A-Wing brown pants and the microfighter blue is that Han wore brown pants in ROTJ, and blue in ANH. What I'm curious to see is if this new microfighter Han is the same version we will get in the upcoming 2014 Cantina.

Every time I buy one of these, you do a review the same day :))

Another nice set, with an appropriately updated Han - love the dual face, makes a nice change from his usual smirk :)

Han's new face is awesome, especially the worried side. Bit concerned about the new leg printing though. Every review I've seen of this set seems to have the same misprinted belt buckle. :sceptic:

Nice review. I'm also thinking of getting the microfighters, but for minifigs and parts, since they pack some nice parts I always need for MOCs.

Has anyone ever thought of using the microfighters to build a Star Wars-themed carusell ride for minifigs? :laugh:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Has anyone ever thought of using the microfighters to build a Star Wars-themed carusell ride for minifigs? :laugh:

That sounds like a lot of fun! Darth continuously chasing Luke's X-Wing but never catching up to him!

Great review of a fine-looking set! Not to be a bother, but could you could post some close-ups of your MODS? They look fantastic. :thumbup:

Nice review. I'm also thinking of getting the microfighters, but for minifigs and parts, since they pack some nice parts I always need for MOCs.

It's funny you would mention that, because when I first saw the Microfighters I thought they all looked like carnival rides!

The Han Solo figure bothers me a bit- I really hope that torso is not used in the Cantina set, since it's his Endor vest and not the one seen in ANH. But I do like his new face print, although I will miss the traditional smirk. Great review, BTW. Thank you!

Are you replacing the middle turret?

No I'm not. That's fine for me. What I need to change is the landing pods. Don't like them that much. But I don't have any pieces actually to suit my needs...

Definitely be picking up this one I love the new fig and the mini MF. Good review, but could you show a picture of the mods you made? I'd like to do that to mine, I don't need it looking like a giant Han-bot climbed on to my MF and took it over, why anyone would like that leaves me baffled.

I will after the week end. Promise :)

The difference between the A-Wing brown pants and the microfighter blue is that Han wore brown pants in ROTJ, and blue in ANH. What I'm curious to see is if this new microfighter Han is the same version we will get in the upcoming 2014 Cantina.

Sorry ;-)

Never really noticed that...

And I saw them so many times :(

Great idea :-)

Im not a big fan of Star wars but i kind of like this set. Its quite detailed for a micro and fitting the minifig into it is just awesome. Great review btw. :)