Redhead1982

MOC Lego Store and Appartment

I'd like to share my latest modular building. This one was inspired by Lego Brand Retail Store.

11984683575_ef1a35aeb4_c.jpg

11985046103_f0e8187b77_c.jpg

On the ground floor, there's a Lego store. I included the dragon which I've seen in some stores. The walls would be too bare without decorations, and the dragon also fills the space a bit. And there are some happy customers leaving the store with full bags.

11985608346_bc5fd77932_c.jpg

At the back of the store is a PaB wall. The store is small, so two employees can manage all the work.

11985097713_84e5181f75_c.jpg

I include displays as seen in the stores. The round displays only have a coloured background, while in the ''windows'' there a micro scale versions of some sets.

11984837805_99cd4ab73c_c.jpg

The displays from left to right include the Death star, Creator Family house and the Blue Roadster, Olivia's house and the Tower of Orthanc.

11984893725_992757b37c_c.jpg

The apartment above the store is an open-floor type. The living room and the kitchen are separated only by different floor designs.

11985226003_a94c21f5c0_c.jpg

The only closed room on this floor is the bathroom with shower, toilet and sink with mirror cabinet.

11985058384_d8dc95aa44_c.jpg

On the second floor, there's a bedroom with a working area and a small terrace. I think all my MOCed modulars include bookshelves, and this one is no exception.

11984955065_e5589dce37_c.jpg

The shelves in the middle of the floor are dividing the room in two parts, one is for work, and the other one is for resting.

11985544366_f7e6b802b9_c.jpg

A street view with 16-wide apartment buildings.

More photos can be found on my Flickr.

Wow! The facade is lovely, and is really helped by the grille 1x2 and 2x2 round bricks. I also like the SNOT floors in the lounge and bedroom. Using the pneumatic t-bars as door handles is very clever.

I don't know what LEGO store you go to that has that many PaB bins, though!

I really like your MOC as well redhead1982. Things i like about it are the snot floors (certainly an interesting technique) and your layout is pretty open concept. Good job! Even the dragon in the lego shop is a wonderful detail.

Edited by Wodanis

AWESOME modular 'Redhead1982', that Lego store is just the bomb......I love it ! :wub:

Delightful interior upstairs as well.......Brick On 'Redhead1982' ! :grin:

Really nice!!!! I love your MOC.

The facade is really well made and the inclusion of the modern style lego store in an old style building is well thought!

And your interiors... waoow!!! I can recognize everythong in the store and your furniture is sooo nice!!!

Congrats!!!!

i've always thought they should release a Lego Store modular... it's a no-brainer

btw, beautiful creation. you nailed it.

Nice work! Your interior is beautiful, I especially like all of the detail work on the store. Your snot wood panel floors have a very convincing look too.

I like how the shop managed to ruin the classic facade of this building: very realistic, like you can see in many contemporary shopping streets! Nice colour for the roof, by the way.

Wow! The facade is lovely, and is really helped by the grille 1x2 and 2x2 round bricks. I also like the SNOT floors in the lounge and bedroom. Using the pneumatic t-bars as door handles is very clever.

The Austin store has that many PAB bins, at LEAST. (not height wise. But width)

mpressive. Very similar to the LEGO shop. - Designed facade, just pleasing to the eye, inside a class! With modular houses, looks good! Good luck in construction!

Edited by Getn

Wow! I really love this building, and I don't know where to start.

Oh.. The yellow lamp in the livingroom, the design of the bathroom, the shelf that divide the room on 2nd floor (which reminds me of my old appartment).

Then the LEGO-store, it just feels like a LEGO-store.

So well done Redhead

Thanks, everyone for nice comments. I'm glad I'm not the only one liking this building. :blush:

That sand (lime?) green roof!!!

Roof is actually olive green cheese slopes. I found them on PaB wall in the summer, and got plenty of them with a roof in mind. Sand green would look even better, I think, but it's not so easy to collect enough bricks.

Is the shower screen freestanding or clipped in place? If clipped in, how?

The shower screen is clipped in place by a plate with a clip, and then a brick (the top step of the stairs) is place over it to fix it from the top. A similar design is found in Olivia's House (it's not my idea).

I like how the shop managed to ruin the classic facade of this building: very realistic, like you can see in many contemporary shopping streets! Nice colour for the roof, by the way.

Well, in this specific case, the shop facade was built first, and later on the classic facade was added to the rest of the building. I'd like to think about this as the classic facade made the building look better. :wink: Actually, when I started this, I had in mind the house where Copenhagen's store is in, which has a modern flat white facade.

Actually, I visited Lego stores in 5 different countries, and decided it's best to build myself my own store (there's no Lego store in Slovenia). This way I get to choose which parts to put on the large PaB. :grin:

Another fantastic creation. I really like the cheese sloped roof, and that LEGO store is spot on! Who wouldn't want to live above a LEGO store?! :drool:

This is great! I really like the SNOTted floor in the living room and the roomy feeling in the apartment - I'd move in! :classic:

Absolutely stunning modular. Love all the details, and some effects are great - for instance the snot-built floor in the apartment that looks like a wooden floor.

This is another wonderful modular creation from you!! I like the older style façade, that's very well done! And the interiors :wub: I love all the rooms but the Lego Store is the highlight for mine, really clever pick-a-brick wall (although I've never seen one in real life) and the mini-sets on display are an amazing touch!!

Fantastic modular all in all, happy building :laugh: