Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[mini MOCs & MODs] Who the #@/! shrank my collection!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

In order to build new things, I have dismantled all my lego sets and rebuilt them in a less brick/space expensive way, most of them were inspired by official lego mini sets or someone else's creations, but I cant remember who were them, so if you recognize your work over here, lots of thanks for your inspiration, but some others are my own design.

I just realized how terrible was the loss of the planet series and mini sets, they look a lot more cute in person and have a lot of potential.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

X wing inspired by the oficial planet series one:

11949104853_cb74888591.jpg

P1010029 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

A wing of my own design:

11948817795_08e598ec89.jpg

P1010021 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Y wing inspired by the collective build of the oficial mini series 2 collection with many modifications:

11949232244_63ed5f1960.jpg

P1010050 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Snowspeeder inspired by the oficial mini series 1 with some modifications:

11949240514_a184194ce4.jpg

P1010038 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Millenium falcon of my own design:

11949070633_140a046ea5.jpg

P1010068 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Outrider inspired by someone on the web:

11948774195_80a8e55ce3.jpg

P1010073 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Lambda class shuttle inspired by the three existing official designs:

11949055083_166d41a184.jpg

P1010082 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Imperial landing craft of my own design:

11949583416_495cf45f71.jpg

P1010091 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

TIE fighter barely built with inspiration on the official TIE fighter polybag:

12106745365_ffd7b72802.jpg

P1010036 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

TIE interceptor inspired by the oficial planet series one:

12107045753_f4ea208913.jpg

P1010043 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

AT AT inspired by the brickmaster one:

12107056743_63eb515092.jpg

P1010017 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

AT ST inspired by all the existing official mini versions:

12107054423_f90e56dae8.jpg

P1010021 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Slave one inspired by the brickmaster one:

11948729955_f1a0c7507c.jpg

P1010110 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

And some more:

13336354054_bbacff486e.jpg

P1010075 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

13336346284_7fbfa57a67.jpg

P1010088 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12995793595_9fb0352a8f.jpg

P1010018 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12884072193_2cc50d7137.jpg

P1010013 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

More pics on my flickr account.

Edited by Nom Carver

Very nice designs, they all look very accurate. I only have one tiny criticism: the legs on the at-st look a bit to short. other than that, the they all look great.

Very nice designs, they all look very accurate. I only have one tiny criticism: the legs on the at-st look a bit to short. other than that, the they all look great.

Thanks ARC! regarding to the AT ST, if I made the legs longer (as they should be to stay in the right proportions to the head) it would be too tall and wouldn't fit with the scale of the rest.

Love them all, especially the Falcon. I like the use of the clear bricks for the Y-wing as well.

Thanks DonBrizzel! the falcon is also my favorite, and those trans bricks make a more sleek solution than any other one I tried.

The mini-builds look great! However the legs of AT-AT is like a human's legs. They don't bend forward at the knees. You can readjust the AT-AT's pose.

By the way, your Falcon looks best of the lot!

Excellent work! I agree the AT-AT seems a wee bit off due to the size of it's legs! I would love to see a mini scaled battle scene with multiples of these builds involved! :grin:

Really nice builds and redesigns. I have to say that your Falcon is particularly well done, very great details on that and on the Outrider, the rest are good as well, but these 2 are most excellent.

nice work! I like the y-wing the best; excellent use of parts to make the details.

Thanks Chills, half way down was the official design, let's say I just updated it with some fresh bricks.

The mini-builds look great! However the legs of AT-AT is like a human's legs. They don't bend forward at the knees. You can readjust the AT-AT's pose.

By the way, your Falcon looks best of the lot!

Thanks streifen, the falcon is also my favorite, I thought the legs bent like quadruped animals but now that you say...

Really nice mini MOCS :thumbup::classic:

As have been said, the legs of the AT-AT are a bit off.

Thanks Bob, regarding to the AT AT legs, they do look weird :laugh: .

Excellent work! I agree the AT-AT seems a wee bit off due to the size of it's legs! I would love to see a mini scaled battle scene with multiples of these builds involved! :grin:

Thanks gazumpty, I will be working on something on the future, maybe some forced perspective.

Really nice builds and redesigns. I have to say that your Falcon is particularly well done, very great details on that and on the Outrider, the rest are good as well, but these 2 are most excellent.

Thanks Csacsa234, the falcon is the one that I like the most.

You've made some really nice mini's here. Your kind of setting the standard of all those to follow!

I don't really know which one I like best, but let me point out some things that prevent some models from being one of my favorites.

On the A-wing the cannons look weird, especially in the first picture. I've noticed you changed those pieces to flick-fire missiles in one of the final pictures, but that doesn't work for me either. Some regular bars would be better, or (as I've already suggested to DonBrizzel) screwdrivers could do the job.

The Y-wing looks good, but why have you given it dark grey domes? Also, using those round column bricks with grooves to connect the motors to the body would add some more greeblish detail.

That Falcon is particulary nice, but the round plates stick out a bit too much for being vents. 1x1 tiles would look better, I think. BTW, does it have some kind of motors on the back?

The Imperial Shuttle and Dropship look spot on. I like how you've incorporated the grey areas in the wings. The cockpit lacks the black windscreen however, and that is really a distinctive feature of that ship. A simple tile and using other curve pieces should do the trick.

The AT-AT is actually one of my favorites. The proportions of the legs don't really bother me. The posing of them is just a little weird.

Finally, I wonder why you gave that Slave I those peculiar colors. Did you run out of bricks?

Still, I really enjoy seeing these mini's. It looks like you've put lots of time and work into making these ones. Congrats!

You've made some really nice mini's here. Your kind of setting the standard of all those to follow!

I don't really know which one I like best, but let me point out some things that prevent some models from being one of my favorites.

On the A-wing the cannons look weird, especially in the first picture. I've noticed you changed those pieces to flick-fire missiles in one of the final pictures, but that doesn't work for me either. Some regular bars would be better, or (as I've already suggested to DonBrizzel) screwdrivers could do the job.

The Y-wing looks good, but why have you given it dark grey domes? Also, using those round column bricks with grooves to connect the motors to the body would add some more greeblish detail.

That Falcon is particulary nice, but the round plates stick out a bit too much for being vents. 1x1 tiles would look better, I think. BTW, does it have some kind of motors on the back?

The Imperial Shuttle and Dropship look spot on. I like how you've incorporated the grey areas in the wings. The cockpit lacks the black windscreen however, and that is really a distinctive feature of that ship. A simple tile and using other curve pieces should do the trick.

The AT-AT is actually one of my favorites. The proportions of the legs don't really bother me. The posing of them is just a little weird.

Finally, I wonder why you gave that Slave I those peculiar colors. Did you run out of bricks?

Still, I really enjoy seeing these mini's. It looks like you've put lots of time and work into making these ones. Congrats!

Thanks BEAVeR, it's good to recieve some tips from a mini expert like you, most of your observations were due to brick limitations:

-A-wing: I think the screw drivers would be too thick but I will give it a try.

-Y-wing: The grey domes were because I only have one :cry_sad: (I actually have about 5 but they are all R2 heads), I also have only one of those round column bricks.

-The falcon: I would have liked to use some of those round flat 1x1 bricks but I dont have them in black.

-The Imperial Shuttle and Dropship: the cockpits do need black windscreens however I used those curved bricks because they look better than any solution that came to my mind.

-AT-AT: the pose does look wierd.

-Slave I: I did ran out of bricks, I have very few dark green bricks.

Thanks for your recomendations, most of my problems were due to color issues because most of my bricks are grey or black.

These are really impressive! The a-wing is my favourite (although I always have a soft spot for the falcon)

Thanks Bricktimus, the A wing is one of which I feel more proud of, I like its simplicity and effectiveness.

Very nice! I enjoy the attempt at making them to scale with each other (though I don't know how big they all actually are)

Thanks Commander Colt, I am not sure if they are actually in the same scale but they look so to me, they are pretty big and look really cute in person, I will keep them assembled instead of their original sistem scale models.