Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

[SONE Ep.III] Well, this is fun isn't it....

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So, here we are, in the coldest place we could be, decorating the tree, and setting detonators...

11904169493_fe29e67083.jpg

Legofin: How's it going with that droid?

Trooper 1: Useless, utterly useless, it's like he was completely oblivious to what was happening around him!

Legofin: What about the computer?

Trooper 2: Nearly there, can't say there will be much on it though.

Legofin: Please tell me the detonators are working?

Trooper 3: I think so, but I'm not going to test them now!

11903883965_3da6621248.jpg

Trooper 1: Well how it could be worse...

Trooper 3: how could this be any worse!?

Trooper 1: Well, we could encounter a one armed Wampa, who had his arm cut of by a Jedi, and now seeks revenge!

Trooper 2: That's ridiculous, who would be stupid enough to annoy a Wampa!

11904280544_f1fafeb857.jpg

Full scene:

11903906645_f681c2542c.jpg

You've done a great job! The bottom part looks just like an icy cave, with all those columns and stalactites, and that christmas tree makes a nice addition to the scene. It works really nice in the fist shot :classic:

I also really like the contrast between the studded snow at the top and the studles ice at the bottom. Those curves add to it, although I would prefer to see them more scattered.

Also, it's very nice to see the attention to detail. The drill (that looks very good), the rope, the skis... everything is there to make it a believable scene.

It's good to see One-arm patched himself up (I told you so that Wampa's were very civilized!), and it's very friendly of him to prepare some food for when the troopers come back.

I'm really digging this multi-leveled MOC. Only thing I would do, is to give it a blue hue and don't put those chair pieces just on the ground.

Good job, and good luck with kracking the Rebel's secrets!

Edited by BEAVeR

Cyborg wampa! That's a clever idea and something to really be afraid of. Well at least it's more dangerous than if there was a platoon of Rebels waiting outside ...

The cave is nicely done and the two levels is also a nice touch. Yes the chairs could be simply improved by only adding a 2x2 round plate under them. Also did you use technic pins to attach the left stalactite? There's a gap visible and could be improved with other SNOT techniques - two headlight pieces for example. Also another thing that bothers me is the front pillar being a bit leaned and out of place. This way the photography feels a bit rushed. But there's plenty to like too. The floor standing on only two pilars looks great and gives enough room underneath to give the big cave feeling. Like the SNOTed floor and the christmass tree is simple and nice.

I really like your cyborg-Wampa! Great idea and execution of it. I think your pictures are a little grainy though, maybe try a lower ISO setting?

Oops, looks like I forgot to thank you guys for your kind comments!

And wampas aren't evil, just misunderstood!

I think your pictures are a little grainy though, maybe try a lower ISO setting?

The grainy pictures are from my terrible editing, I'll try a bit better next time!

Yes, that is a tent. I think it was part of either one of the old Johnny Thunder sets or a Pharaoh's Quest set (don't remember for sure since I've never been really into either line).

Looks like we've gotten a lot of good multiple-level builds for this contest. These will be a good source of building ideas later. :classic:

Edited by VK-318

Great moc overall! I really like the drill and the stalagmites add to the scene. Is that tan item a tent? I don't think I've seen that before.

Thank you!

It's from the Indiana Jones set 7624 Jungle Duel

Correct!