New Stormies?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:48 AM

This thread  over on MCN really took me by surprise!  A stormie with an X-mark on his helm, and a face?

There are three options as I see it:

1. Damaged helm with some sort of misprint head

2. Mistakenly released new fig

3. This is a prank.

Personally I believe it's just a poorly-done prank, as someone pointed out that the "x" mark changes sides of the helm, but I'd like to get everyone's opinion on it  :-)

#2 Norrington

• Azufre Village Idiot

Member: 1009

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:54 AM

Well, I think in EU there is this one stormie who renegade and became a bounty hunter , he got rid of his armor, but kept his helmet and carved a large red X on the face. Maybe this was a mistakenly released proto-type (I doubt it though, probably a molding accident.)
Just returned from a 3 or so year dark age, so just getting back into the swing of things. :)

~Proprieter of Norrington's Fine Minifig Clothiers. Please visit my thread .~
~My MOCpages~My Maj Gallery~My Fan-Fiction.net Gallery~My Photobucket~My Brickshelf~My Youtube~

#3 Legoman

• Cardman

Member: 428

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:01 AM

3) it think it's a strange prank

Proudly a disciple of Christ
Member of LUG/2

Feel free to check out My Flickr

#4 oo7

• Master Carpenter

Member: 788

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:45 AM

When I first saw the helmet with the 'X' I was sure it was a weird misprint, but then I saw thet weird face and I knew it had to be something more. I think this is probably a prank...notice how he flipped the second picture and didn't say it? The blurry second picture.....I'm suspicious.
Posted Image

#5 Scouty

• 6 weeks late to the party!

Member: 863

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

I don't know what is up with the flipped 'X' on his helmet *wacko* . Mostly a fake.
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#6 Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

Fake. Note how on one pic the X is on the left on the other its on the right!
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#7 Darth Andrew

Darth Andrew

Member: 1263

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:30 PM

The guy who posted it said he flipped the pictures.

Very odd.

#8 Vader

Member: 83

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

A sharpie marker pen and a good decal along with blurry pics could easly explain this one, however if it is the real deal then i wouldnt complain. :-)

#9 Two-Faced Batman Fan

Two-Faced Batman Fan

Member: 807

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

I think it's just a prank for a few reasons.
1. Why wouldn't he have noticed the "x" before he bought it? I'm sure he looked at it before buying.
2. The fact that he didn't notice it before opening it is suspicious. You can tell that he already took it out of the package and put it back in. Look at where the gun's supposed to be.
3. The face under the helmet doesn't look like LEGO quality. Unless that guy can take an up-close, detailed picture, than I'm going to consider it otherwise.
4. It's too much of a big mistake to not be noticed by LEGO. I'm sure they do thorough checks of the figures before and after packaging. If it was a prototype then what's it doing there? How would it end up in packaging facilities.
5. Last but not least, It's a customization website. The guy probably just did a custom and wanted to do a prank with it.

So my suspicions are that this is indeed a custom.

#10 PSPguy

• Didd Captin Crunch

Member: 1102

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

Someone is really desprate to get noticed if you ask me. |-/ Why would you flip the second pic?

#11 Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:39 PM

Well to be fair he did admit to flipping it.  He could've taken the picture vertically and flipped it accidentally while orienting the picture to post.

#12 Zaktan of the Shadows

Zaktan of the Shadows

Member: 1232

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:13 PM

I don't think it looks that real either...

#13 Axle

• Pirate Stop Motion Animator

Member: 1011

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

It looks like a face i drew on a flesh-tone head.lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users