7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this set?

• Poor
    • Bellow Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Excellent

Rogon’s Rock Flinger

True to my word you’ve not had a wait months for me to write this review. When I first saw this set I really wanted it like Eris’ interceptor last year let’s see if it can live up the my desire for it.

NB As my camera is not turning on all of the images are taken with my phone camera apologies for the poor quality.

Set Name: Rogon’s Rock Flinger

Set Number: 70131

Number of Pieces: 257

Figures: 3

Released: 2014

List Price: £24.99

70131Peeron.com

70131Bricklink Catalog

“Chase Sparacon and the CHI with LEGO® Legends of Chima™ Rogon’s Rock Flinger with all-terrain wheels, attack/pursuit modes and more.”

Lets mix things up a bit, ok lets not we start as always outside and then work our way on in with the box first.

Front

70131-02.jpg

That must be going at one heck of a speed

Back

70131-03.jpg

Two different modes to play in and a rock flinger who could ask for anything more

Now let’s take a look at the contents, the box seems quite an odd shape to me but everything inside seems to be in order.

70131-04.jpg

Three bag build, one set of instructions and a sticker sheet and four wheels.

70131-05.jpg

The stickers.

Next the obligatory random page from the instruction booklet! I’m really thinking this should just be dropped from reviews anyone agree?

70131-06.jpg

We’ve never seen the like before!

Minifugres

So this set has three figures all of who are new. One member of the Spider tribe Sparacon and two members of the Rhino tribe [REDACTED POLITCAL JOKE] Rogon and Rinona

Again as with ever Chima set the figures are great and I’m really impressed with Sparacon who looks simply excellent in this set. Although he doesn’t have an alternative exp<b></b>ression, maybe this happens if you’re evil?

70131-09.jpg

Front without helmets.

70131-10.jpg

Back and reverse of the heads.

70131-07.jpg

Rhino and spider head pieces side view.

70131-08.jpg

Rhino and spider head pieces front view.

70131-11.jpg

Fully equipped.

The Actual Build

Shockingly for a Legends of the Chima set there isn’t any ramdom bit of vegetation or Chima crystal to go with this set which is quite surprising, they could have squeezed something in surely? Otherwise a faily normal build with lots and lots of pins to hold it together.

Rock Flinger

Nothing to exciting to report in the build

70131-12.jpg

Part built.

70131-13.jpg

Part built.

70131-14.jpg

You can see it coming together.

Rhino’s head, I was really impressed with the Rhino’s head so I thought I’d photograph it before I attached it.

70131-15.jpg

Part built.

70131-16.jpg

Done and looking great.

Completed

With the Rock Flinger completed I love the squat serious business look it has from the front.

70131-17.jpg

Looking Ard.

70131-18.jpg

The side view shows how sort it is, reminds me of a small dog for some reason!

All together

70131-19.jpg

The spider has no chance.

The Rating System

Figures: 9/10 (The new figures and nicely does ones at that)

Parts 8/10 (Some interesting parts but a lot of technic)

Fun Fun Fun 10/10 (A swooshing good time to be had!)

Design 10/10 (An excellent design)

Price 9.5/10 (Cheaper than last years Chima set in this range.)

Grand Total 46.5/50 (Maybe I’m a tad bias?)

Conclusions

So Chima review number five is done. This is a set that quite frankly I think is great, it looks good there’s a lot to do and it’s got a selection of nice features. It many ways it’s what I feel a Lego set should be.

For once I’m in no way disappointed with the set from when I saw the pictures on Brickset even the price point wasn’t as harsh as I was expecting.

The sets play features are actually useful pushing it down into Rhino mode to have it spring up forward and throw a large rock without a flick fire in sight.

It seems to me that Lego have made a vast improvement in the land element of Chima this year, if this set goes on sale I may well add a second to my Rhino army.

But what do you think?

Nice review Cardinal Brick! Quite a good set, but it reminds me too much of Wakz' Pack Tracker which I have, so I won't be getting it. Thanks anyway!

I like the look of this set, and most of the reasons I'm not getting it are not specific to this set. The minifigs are beautifully designed, and the design aesthetics of the set are similarly impressive. However, white isn't exactly the most visually interesting color, nor is it one I could use more of. I'm slightly biased against Chima, but I'd definitely recommend this to any Chima fan.

I really like how surdy and monstrous this thing is, Like a menacing Rhino with wheels, the designers captured the look just perfectly. The figs are superb, but somehow the female Rhino looks too manly. But the spider guy is the winner in the line-up for me, The legs on his back are very terrifying. It's good news that it's cheaper than the previous sets from the same piece-range (like Eris's eagle interceptor and Wakz's pack patrol). Thanks for the review!

Are you sure this didn't come with a Chi crystal? The box actually shows one. (Hope you didn't misplace it!)

Edited by refriedbeans