Galaktek

Winter Village: Model Train Layout

The local train LUG's layout is always a big hit at the Winter Village!

11526490015_eace96dc02_b.jpg

Winter Village Train Layout by Galaktek, on Flickr

Kids can play with the crane in the busy freight yard ...

11526480675_e87487e2a4_c.jpg

Freight yard detail by Galaktek, on Flickr

... or light up the holiday tree in front of the main train station ...

11526556166_e89dd9b878_c.jpg

Town detail by Galaktek, on Flickr

... or drive the steam train past the frozen waterfall.

11526479675_7e38b0f954_c.jpg

Waterfall detail by Galaktek, on Flickr

And of course the modules can be rearranged to make different layouts:

11526603483_5b05856cf1_c.jpg

Winter Village Train Layout by Galaktek, on Flickr

More photos in the flickr set.

Wow! This is fantastic. I particularly like the steam train and the train station.

So much great small references in there, the red city passenger train, the city cargo truck. Also love the addition of the castle to the mountain. Great details. The to be train driver kid posing for the photograph is a nice touch.

Using the paint roller handle for the crane is really smart.

Good luck in the contest.

Absolutely brilliant...I live all the 'mini' details and the interchanging of the 4 modules is brilliant. Good luck in the contest!

This is amazing, so many details in it yet it's so small! Would work perfectly in any Winter Village!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

Ingenious! I am most impressed by the scene within the scene idea and the fact that you actually made the miniatures representative of their larger scale counterparts! Good luck for the contest!

Very clever, very nice.

Another proof that you don't need to build something huge to make something impressive.

Indeed. I always get a kick out of creative microscale designs such as this. It is a real challenge trying to create something in a limited size while giving it the illusion of being more detailed than it actually is. It's very similar to the basic idea of pixel art.

Edited by TheOrcKing

Amazing layout! I just love the way it is arranged and so many details on such a small moc! Well done!

The micro scale is impressive. I love all of the little details throughout. It would fit well within a winner village.

But I don't think it will work for the contest. It looks way too big compared to the rules.

Keep up the great work though.

Thank you all for your kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed looking at it as much as I enjoyed building it.

It's funny, I wasn't thinking about reproducing Lego vehicles when I built it, but I can see what y'all mean -- I guess I've seen the Lego sets so often that if I build a micro truck or train, it comes out in those colors :)

TheLegoDr, I do hope it will work for the contest, since it's four 8x8 modules, plus minifigs. But either way it was fun to make.

Hey Galaktet!

I love to look to this build. It must be the third time I visited this topic, but I didn't comment before.

There are so many nice details and piece usages. I also like the micro christmas tree :classic:.

I hope that it works (why shouldn't it?) for the contest and wish you best of luck!

Simon

Fantastic detail, and I love the modular element of this build. The freight yard and factory are my favorite. Good luck in the contest!

^True, the stipulation of 4 8x8 modules might let it fit right in. I was always confused by that bit, so I just went with a 16x16 for mine.

Either way, best of luck. It is definitely a neat build!

This is stunning. Just stunning!

Great work, full of details even in such little dimensions!