Danthebrick

Lego autographs

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

http://www.brickshel...hrinkgreedo.jpg

Saw a picture on Hothbricks of a Boba Fett minifigure signed on its cloak by the actor. Had the chance to meet Paul Blake aka Greedo today at a collectors fair but didn't have a fine enough pen for him to sign the figure but he did kindly sign the base on top of the photo I had bought. Wondered if anyone else had any good Lego/autograph combinations?

Well Ian McDiarmid aka Emperor Palpatine signed a picture for me who says "for Empire911, from Emperor Palpatine"

and I asked him if he likes LEGO, and being a figure and all that stuff.

He didn't sign a figure but still, it has a bit of LEGO Star Wars involved in it :classic:

The overlap of LEGO and autographing seems practically non-existant from what I understand.

The only other one I have heard of is someone in this forum got Johnny Depp to sign the LR stagecoach set box (unopened) so they put it in an acrylic case.

Not Star Wars related, but I managed to convince Alton Brown to sign a Chef minifigure. His reaction: "How the hell do you expect me to sign this?" He then laughed and signed.

post-8230-0-18155700-1387665158_thumb.jpg

I've collected SW sigs over the years, in addition to LEGO, so one day I thought I would give it a shot. Got Bulloch to sign a 6x12 modified tile piece. Not sure how well figs look signed, but I remember a collector who used to get the 6x12 tile pieces signed as a display stand. They look pretty decent. But yeah, not a lot of crossover possibilities.

Edited by JRBricks

I have an autograph of Billy Dee Williams on the cape of the Cloud City Lando Minifig:

1nko.jpg

Not pretty, but rare. ;)

Edited by TK-949

Haha Huntleyfx - can see how that works - though I had to google him to find who he was!

JRBricks- I think that looks fantastic - a really eye catching collectors piece.

TK-949 - Yeah that also works but as u say not particularly pretty but definitely adds to the items interest/value.

I got the AT-AT 4483 signed by Irvin Kershner and Gary Kurtz

Edited by stan

JRBricks: that truly looks fantastic.

No offence but to be honest, I'd say having an actual minifig signed seems a waste. Having something so small signed is never going to look nice. I'd rather have a picture signed, or even a box (like in the case of the Lone Ranger Stagecoach) than something which just looks like a kid scribbled all over my minifig.

I got the AT-AT 4483 signed by Irvin Kershner and Gary Kurtz

I totally missed the opportunity to have my 4483 signed when Irvin Kershner was in Holland at a fan day. I don't regret a lot in my life, but this was one of them. congratulations on your possession :-)