gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Good evening!

This is my newest Star Wars MOC.

Pit of carkoon – Sarlacc Diorama

• Building time 4 months
  • About 12.000 parts
  • 2 Dessert Skiff inspiration by “Orion Pax”
  • UCS Sail Barge

And it`s the project for the Star Wars Days 2014 at Legoland Germany.

11235086424_bcde34fe23_c.jpg

11235070064_14c8403779_c.jpg

11235077464_198ac824a4_c.jpg

11235100116_ede0848b97_c.jpg

flickr

Hope you like my version of the sarlacc Scene :classic: .

cu

markus

Here you can watch the WIP pictures

This is genuinely stunning!! Easily the best MOC of this scene that I've ever seen! :wub:

The Sail Barge is brilliant! :blush:

Wow, fantastic work as usual! :thumbup::wub: Everything looks great, the sarlacc looks really menacing!!

In the first picture the terrain is lit a bit strongly though, doesn't do the model justice!

Amazing rendition. By far my favorite Star Wars scene period when I was a kid, and I still think it's one of the best action sequences. You've done an excellent job in sculpting the sand and that sail barge is just massive. My only suggestion is that you remove the second or third row of Sarlacc teeth - I don't recall it having quite that many, but I might have to go re-watch RotJ again just to make sure. :grin:

Edited by CallMePie

Good work again markus! Absolutily stunning - nothing more to say ;)

Too bad that sail barge has not got an interior...

:cry_happy: This is stunning! That barge is the best I've ever seen so far, but the whole display is a piece of art. Awesome job man!

Really awesome diorama!!

I really liked to browse through the WIP pics... and I'm jealous of your building place!! :grin:

While everyone is complementing your builds, I also wanted to point out and complement you on using the original Sarlacc and not the CGI Beaked SE version! Great work!

Ever since I saw you "big bang" MOC, I've been wanting to see that magnificent Sail Barge from up close. It's stunning. And the landscape does it right. I like how the tan flows to dark tan in the pit. Really gives a sense of depth. And that fig posing is great: there's tension, there's something about to happen.

So yeah, I'm very excited about this scene. Just please add a Bantha! Now that would be cool.

I love the Sarlacc pit itself, and the sail barges walls are incredible, but the whole MOC is amazing! :thumbup: I wish TLG would make a UCS sail barge.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Truly, truly amazing.

(that's all I'll say about it, everything else coming out of my mouth will be unintelligable, combined with drooling and such)

Regards,

Mitch

Hi markus1984, another stunning creation, it's flawless! :wub: :wub: :wub:

The barge is beautiful and you've captured the awkward curves really well. I also particularly like the sarlacc, it's cleverly designed and looks very menacing! It's a shame that there's currently an official version of the barge, otherwise this would be a viable candidate for CUUSOO.

Well markus1984, haven't posted her is a long time but had to commend you on our efforts to reproduce the Pit of Carkoon. I love the hole scene, sail barge is epic and accurate, Scarlacc is awsome. You did s great job on the sand dunes. Well done, would love to see this in real life.