CCOOK

NEW TIE

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is by no means a done deal just a prototype - I've tried to make the cockpit look as spherical as possible:

144cn7b.jpg

2czor35.jpg

14dmt15.jpg

208jpxc.jpg

1y4qc1.jpg

Thanks for looking and giving suggestions!

-CCOOK

That's a really good job on it, especially the engine part of the sphere. It all fits together very convincingly.

I really like that the "connectors" between the cockpit and wings aren't nearly as bulky as on the 9492 model by TLG.

It looks great but the rear could use some work, it may be more accurate but I feel it could use some other solution.

The cockpit looks great, especially with the circle of thrust-thingies at the back. Good job, and I'll look again when you've finished it.

Yes! You've been able to go really near to the actual fighter.

Great job!

I like the details of the wings and body. Fantastic...

You've really done a great job of replicating the spherical shape. It certainly looks better than 9492 - it's not really fair to compare an MOC to a set, but imho Lego seemed to have made some strange decisions on the shape of that one. I'm keen to see how much further you develop this 'prototype'. Good work :thumbup:

Looks really nice. I especially like the fenders around the cockpit, nice find. The top hatch looks a bit out of place though, now that you've replaced all the dark bley. Maybe try a brick version? Also interesting choice of local =P.

Here it is again only I've redesigned the blasters on the bottom:

s30lme.jpg

2mbjab.jpg

I may also add some additional curvature to the bottom of the cockpit sphere.

-CCOOK

TIEs are some of the most popular ships to build, but somehow, after so many iterations, youve still managed to stand out with one that captures the details of this iconic ship so well, from the interesting tactic to get a proper shape on the wing struts, to the beautiful cockpit design that comes together very well(that backside!). Though, one thing I may add, from glancing at the reference images, is that the struts seem to have slightly different vertical and horizontal sizes, as the outer ones seem larger in the horizontal, while the inner ones seem larger in the vertical.

Im impressed with your TIE collection and I would like to build my TIE that will remind a little bit your MOC. Do you have better pictures, LDD files or intructions maybe ? I would be grateful.

Here we go newest version distressed in blue:

2n9kg7r.jpg

2uthwrl.jpg

vgoc9h.jpg

Looks so metallic - enjoy. . . .

-CCOOK

Edited by CCOOK