Kai NRG

"The Queen and I will walk now"

This MOC is set long, long ago, back when the high king of Historica ruled and had his little summer palace up in an invite nook in the Rakath Mountains of Kaliphlin.

10455787995_05fcaf26be.jpg

King Arthur was in a good mood, as he always was when he looked forward to a nice relaxing vacation in his summer castle, and Queen Guinevere was in a bad mood, as she always was when riding in a carriage, particularly along the edge of such a bumpy precipice as this one - and presently, after a harder bump than usual, King Arthur stuck his head out of the window and called to the driver, "The Queen and I will walk now, I think," and the rest of the perilous ascent was made on foot, but Guinevere's temper was not improved.

10455768374_c568671d66.jpg

10455771886_3099dfaa54.jpg

The Castle front:

10455778184_4978d4c020_n.jpg

Back:

10455807365_c78cdc9578_n.jpg

...King Arthur stuck his head out of the window...

10455785866_38494ede1a_n.jpg

This probably represents my best rockwork, I was very happy with the overall shape. Initially I had planned to make the castle up a bit higher but didn't have enough and the pathway would have been too unbelievable! And of course the carriage... I actually spent at least a day just on that.

Comments are welcome! I hope you enjoy!

You have made a nice micro build, I just think is fantastically build with a lot of creativity and great use of pieces and colors. :thumbup:

This is just fantastic! Wonderful entry Kai, that carriage just take the cake! Nice rockwork as well! Well done!

Nice build overall, but the carriage is the real star of this build!

Great reminder for me who always thinks I need to build bigger and bigger to make good builds, here you have achieved a lot with a few very well selected and used pieces :classic:

Keep those micro builds coming, you certainly have an eye for this scale.

Thanks everyone!

You've grown so much Kai. Really outstanding work.

Thanks ZC!

Ha, ha, love the story! Nice, innovative build! :classic::thumbup:

:grin: Thanks Infernum!

Nice build overall, but the carriage is the real star of this build!

Great reminder for me who always thinks I need to build bigger and bigger to make good builds, here you have achieved a lot with a few very well selected and used pieces :classic:

Keep those micro builds coming, you certainly have an eye for this scale.

Thanks Gideon! Yeah, I've found that (especially in micro-scale) size isn't always so important. It was nice not to have to worry about having too few pieces for a change! :tongue: (Actually I was a little short on light grey 1x1 rounds, but managed to borrow some...)

As I said on Flickr this is one of my favorite builds from you yet, each individual element is excellent: the rockwork, the winding path, the carriage and horses of course, the castle, the micro trees, and the waterfall :thumbup: Together they form a wonderful composition. Keep it up :classic:

Aww, those horses are super cute - I love their little ears and little tails :wub: ... oh, and the rest of the build is really great too - the landscaping is spot on with the rock work, the mini-trees, the pathway, and the waterfall. Also, I really like how you were able to build some texture into the palace walls with those 1x1 rounds.

As I said on Flickr this is one of my favorite builds from you yet, each individual element is excellent: the rockwork, the winding path, the carriage and horses of course, the castle, the micro trees, and the waterfall :thumbup: Together they form a wonderful composition. Keep it up :classic:

Thanks SK! That's one of the things I like most about micro; since it's smaller, you can give a lot of attention to every single detail!

Aww, those horses are super cute - I love their little ears and little tails :wub: ... oh, and the rest of the build is really great too - the landscaping is spot on with the rock work, the mini-trees, the pathway, and the waterfall. Also, I really like how you were able to build some texture into the palace walls with those 1x1 rounds.

Thanks! The build started off with the horses, then came the carriage, and then (after a few failed attempts at scenery), the rest!

Nice micro rockwork, and I like the castle's details!

Thanks Tomas of Tortuga!

Wonderful build Kai, you really do have a good feel for microscale. This has to be my favourite of your builds - the winding road, the carriage with those lovely horses, the castle wall texture and the small cascading waterfall - all the different elements mesh with each other so well. It just has a sense of rightness that makes me want to keep coming back to admire it some more! :thumbup::classic:

I only have one small suggestion, and that's to brighten your pics a bit - when you have a build this nice you really want to show it off.

Nice micro build, i like that stream you added.

Thanks! I thought a little stream might add to it!

Wonderful build Kai, you really do have a good feel for microscale. This has to be my favourite of your builds - the winding road, the carriage with those lovely horses, the castle wall texture and the small cascading waterfall - all the different elements mesh with each other so well. It just has a sense of rightness that makes me want to keep coming back to admire it some more! :thumbup::classic:

I only have one small suggestion, and that's to brighten your pics a bit - when you have a build this nice you really want to show it off.

Thanks Gabe! I pride myself on my microscale building... :grin:

Yes... I definitely agree about the brightness. I usually play around with that a bit but somehow wasn't satisfied with the way it looked a little brighter this time, so I left it as it is.

MoH Advanced Placement credit sought. Landscape Design, Sideways rocks.

MoH Advanced Placement credit sought. Landscape Design, Sideways rocks.

+1

+1 for the sideways rocks. The landscape design is good, but I'm not sure it's at the level I'd want for a certification. Perhaps there's just not enough of it. I think you can definitely do better Kai, but I know you also have limited bricks.

However, I'd give you a certification for microscale building if you asked for it!

+1 Sideways rocks. :thumbup:

+1 for the sideways rocks. The landscape design is good, but I'm not sure it's at the level I'd want for a certification. Perhaps there's just not enough of it. I think you can definitely do better Kai, but I know you also have limited bricks.

However, I'd give you a certification for microscale building if you asked for it!

I think Kai meant she was claiming the cert. "Sideways rocks" in the Landscape design discipline. :wink:

Thanks to all four graders!

...I think Kai meant she was claiming the cert. "Sideways rocks" in the Landscape design discipline. :wink:

Yeah, that's what I meant! (I wish I could skip over Landscape design in a bound like that! :grin: )

Oops. That's what I get for trying to work and post on EB at the same time. I'm not even clear what the subjects are in the program I designed!