Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

The Governors House

The Governors House (WIP):

About a month ago I bought the Lego 4956 Creator set because I thought it would a good starting point for building a "Governors House". I have some idea's in my head to transform this building. Here are the first pictures of the house without any modifications:

the_governors_house_1.jpgthe_governors_house_2.jpg

the_governors_house_3.jpg

I thought only my lego ships and crew had strangely out of place items. I'm assuming the garage will be the first thing to go????? Pretty cool looking house though. Really must get round to posting my pics of my ships....

I've always contemplated buying one of these creator sets to use the pieces for more Piratical purposes, or more likely to envision my "Settlers" sub-theme. Of course, they always sell very well over eBay so I've never actually bought one.

Where did you procure this Creator set from Mr Bonaparte and how much was it?

I've always contemplated buying one of these creator sets to use the pieces for more Piratical purposes, or more likely to envision my "Settlers" sub-theme. Of course, they always sell very well over eBay so I've never actually bought one.

Where did you procure this Creator set from Mr Bonaparte and how much was it?

I'm not sure if this is where he got it, but they're still available on US S@H for $49.99

4956-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Interesting. I was also planning to make a governor's house out of that set, but I bought a SES with my money so now I have to wait till I have money again. :-P

Could you tell us more about those ideas you have?

I'm eager to see what you're gonna build out of this.

Mr Tiber

Well, initially I will be transforming the garage into a place where the governor can have dinner. This place will only have the roof and some fences (no walls), so the governor can watch his garden while eating. At each corner I'm planning to put a pillar.

The doors will be changed into something less modern and the garden will be tropical with palm trees, flowers. The house will probably be located in Jamaica (or one of the other Caribbean Islands).

I bought this set in a regular toy shop for 55 euro.

I thought only my lego ships and crew had strangely out of place items. I'm assuming the garage will be the first thing to go????? Pretty cool looking house though. Really must get round to posting my pics of my ships....

Welcome at Eurobricks Lord Admiral.

Very smart move to put your first post in my topic ;-)

I would be happy to give you my comments once you post those pictures of your ships!

Surely you'll be needing a palm tree in the front yard. What large Pirate creation doesn't have a palm tree?

And then there's those flowers... You'll need to dig them up and put more traditional SYSTEM flowers in.

And that is my LEGO horticultural tips for today. X-D

Hey B, Someone took your mail box 8-o

Hopefully you weren't going to have it for you Governor's House :-D

Are you going to keep the windows the same or change them to lattace?

P

Surely you'll be needing a palm tree in the front yard. What large Pirate creation doesn't have a palm tree?

And then there's those flowers... You'll need to dig them up and put more traditional SYSTEM flowers in.

And that is my LEGO horticultural tips for today. X-D

Thanks! All tips are helpful.

Hey B, Someone took your mail box 8-o

Hopefully you weren't going to have it for you Governor's House :-D

Are you going to keep the windows the same or change them to lattace?

P

I didn't bother building the mailbox and tree because they will be removed anyway.

I'm still not sure if I will keep the windows. I'll have to see if I have something better in stock.

Are you going to keep the chimney Mr Bonaparte? If this governor is situated in the Caribbean he's not likely to need a fire place for heating, however it may still find use for one in the kitchen.

But if you do decide to keep the chimney I', not sure the flume at the top is appropriate for the vintage of this house.

There is a new Creator house set. It's out of tan bricks, but it looks really good. Can't find a picture of it though.

This looks really interesting Bonaparte and I look foward to seeing the final product!!!!

There is a new Creator house set. It's out of tan bricks, but it looks really good. Can't find a picture of it though.

This looks really interesting Bonaparte and I look foward to seeing the final product!!!!

Yes, this one: creator002.jpg

I'm not sure if it's minifig scale though...

But I think I'll use this set for the governors house...

Mr Tiber

But it is available as a parts pack. Only with som light modifications, it can be indeed, a governers house.

Unfortunately, it is for ages 8-12, so I can not buy it X-D .

I'm still not sure if I will keep the windows. I'll have to see if I have something better in stock.

Here's my tip; the windows are fine. *y* I anxiously await your brilliant idea captured in MOC, Lord Admiral.

It's a minifig scale set with no minifigs. :-/

Bonaparte's house looks very much like a Spanish terra cotta house that would be located somewhere warm in the Caribbean. The new Creator house would make an great Governer's mansion too, but it would be located in a more frigid and industrail enviroment with many direct links to civilation providing more technology and reasorces.

Here's my tip; the windows are fine. *y* I anxiously await your brilliant idea captured in MOC, Lord Admiral.

It's a minifig scale set with no minifigs. :-/

Ah, the car was confusing me...

Bonaparte's house looks very much like a Spanish terra cotta house that would be located somewhere warm in the Caribbean. The new Creator house would make an great Governer's mansion too, but it would be located in a more frigid and industrail enviroment with many direct links to civilation providing more technology and reasorces.

Indeed, like London perhaps??

Mr Tiber

It has a garage door. how can it be a old house?

Mr Bonaparte is going to turn this Creator set into an old house, he was just showing us what it looked like original and now he's going to begin changing it.

WIP stands for Work In Progress, which is a type of thread where a user shows the progress of their MOC as they build it. So in other words you get to see what they start out with and what they end up as.

Bonapate

This is an excellent idea. I may one day build a governor's house, but all my workers are to buisy building a fleet to combat the Dame du Loup. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Duke

Lose the garage and place it in a more sea-side landscape and I think you are finished.

Steve

Yes, this one: creator002.jpg

Mr Tiber

I did not see this one in the lego store! but that looks like an easy modify for a colonial village! (an English one)

The original creator house would make a nice mansion as you said... if there was a way to detach the garage and make it a seperate stable that would be cool

BTW while in florida i bought (and left there with my fiance, since airplanes don't seem to like big lego boxes) the Cafe Corner http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=10182-1

Wow it is fantastic... when i set up my permanent town it will be included in the more built up section... (i am wrecking the one I am building now because i have to move in a couple months... wrecking via a wargame!) I have this Idea that Port Danielle will have walls and a colonial english looking town within the walls and "rift raft" outskirts aroudn the walls and on the docks...

the current Port Danielle has a govenors mansion, a battery, a few small houses, a pilots house, and a fort... i swear i will post pictures soon... as i have two new ships completed (well one needs its rigging finished but its pretty much done)

I want to see how you pull out the mansion though... i may look into buying one....

One fundamentally important thing I forgot to ask, do these Creator houses have interiors? Or is the design limited to the exterior hence why there are no mini-figures included?

One fundamentally important thing I forgot to ask, do these Creator houses have interiors?

Sadly, no. *sad*

Sadly, no.*sad*

there are 3 in cafe corner, but there is no interior detail unfortunately

Sadly, no.*sad*

Which leads me to my next question: Is Mr Bonaparte going to build an interior for this Governors House or will it just be an exterior like the Creator sets?

Which leads me to my next question: Is Mr Bonaparte going to build an interior for this Governors House or will it just be an exterior like the Creator sets?

My plans for this house will be executed in 4 phases:

1. Make the set as described in the instructions: DONE

2. Rebuild the front (and part of the sides) of the house: 90% done

3. Work on the back of the house (now it is just a big white wall): To be done.

4. Make an interior: To be done.

I'm not sure about the order of phase 3 and 4. They might be switched.

Once I'm fully satisfied with the front, I'll take some pictures.