Legorski

Nocturnus Tribes - Deno'naba

Stories tell of a age long forgotten, where the joint races fought against a Demon Invasion.

The Demons came from a parallel world using Portals scattered across the continent.

Victory was almost assured for the Demons, if it were not for the Winged Angels.

Sacrificing themselves the Angels captured a Portal and going through, mounted an attack on the source of the invasion.

They destroyed the red ruby that powered the Portals, and the once endless army of Demons creased to flow in.

Remaining Portals were destroyed or deserted, and the Demons hunted down.

But there remains one guarded by the remainder of the Demon Army who now call themselves the Deno'naba.

They have made their home by a Portal in the Siccus Badlands.

Standing watch they protect it, hoping that one day their brethren will return for them.

They require no sustenance, they are immortal, though every year they live in our world their strength dwindles.

Many an adventurer or traveler that has strayed too close to the Portal has faced their wrath.

10276007516_e4316e16e2_c.jpg

10275990776_011f28eee0_c.jpg

10275918474_e129227d54_c.jpg

Very good build, nice backstory too.

One question, what happens when their strength runs out?

One question, what happens when their strength runs out?

They die. But their death creates sort of a mini paradox, they die in a world they were never born in while they are born in a world they have never died in. This Paradox would wipe their very existence, and they would cease to exist in both worlds.

EDIT: As it was pointed out by Lord Duvors I called them immortal. My memory needs polishing. -.-

Edited by Legorski

They die. But their death creates sort of a mini paradox, they die in a world they were never born in while they are born in a world they have never died in. This Paradox would wipe their very existence, and they would cease to exist in both worlds.

That isn't a paradox, as many Sci-Fi films show.

And didn't you say they where immortal anyway? :tongue:

Edited by Lord Duvors

That isn't a paradox, as many Sci-Fi films show.

And didn't you say they where immortal anyway? :tongue:

Haha, I did (Poor story-telling on my part). Lets just keep it at they're immortal but they get weaker to a tangible limit equivalent to death.

Haha, I did (Poor story-telling on my part). Lets just keep it at they're immortal but they get weaker to a tangible limit equivalent to death.

So if someone could return power to them... :devil:

The "crumbliness" of the structure is really well done and I like your work with the modified 1x1's a lot. :thumbup:

Edited by mrcp6d

This is a nice clean build - and yet captures the ruinous feel of an ancient site - I really like it! Great characters, and back story too.

How can they die if they are immortal?

I had my contradiction pointed out to me above, where I also tried my best at smoothing it out with an explanation.

I would like to blame the error on midterms, but hell, it's probably me just getting older and forgetting what I wrote... What did I write... WHAT YEAR IS IT?...

Dam kids, get off my lawn!

I think they are immortal only as long as they live. :laugh:

Very well balanced colors and a nice structure! Great photography also! :classic:

The irregular base works very well and I like the path :thumbup:

Neat cactus and the collapsed pillar is a great touch :classic:

How'd I miss this?! :look: . Anyway, great work! Love the base and path! Nice backstory too! The olive and dark red really add to the atmosphere. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup: