MOC: NS EMD SD70M-2

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

vRypD3Nh.jpg

DvytGi9h.jpg

rPpB9Wlh.jpg

u4bCtTQh.jpg

QuYI7Hmh.jpg

hcwxp4Wh.jpg

Just finished putting on the decals today. The cab is 7 wide, the main body is 5, the bogies are 6. I'm especially proud of the cab windows, I think I got them just right. The only thing I'm not happy with is the front of the locomotive; I couldn't duplicate all of the slopes of the real thing. My inspiration:

NS_2683_EMD_SD70M-2.jpg

Excellent job. I really like the front end and all the detailing you've managed to include down the side.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

nice

...nice is too simple to say! :laugh: This is an epic work: the lego model is an exact copy of the real one! :wub: :wub: :wub:

The black livery is amazing with the white stripes and that beautiful decal!

The front window of the cockpit is a masterpiece! :blush:

Great job!!! Interesting how you made the panels etc with those nice rotated techniques! 7-wide is also a nice option for this train, since 6-wide is a little bit more difficult for the details needed of course!

Great modelling. I was a bit surprised at first, because it's so different from my SD70M, but then I found out it's actually an SD70M-2.

Awesome technique on the windows!

...nice is too simple to say! :laugh: This is an epic work: the lego model is an exact copy of the real one! :wub: :wub: :wub:

The black livery is amazing with the white stripes and that beautiful decal!

The front window of the cockpit is a masterpiece! :blush:

Very nice

Thanks guys! I want to make a second one just like it. Powered would be best, but there isn't room to hide the battery box because the body is only 5 wide, and I don't think I can match the triple wheel base. I'll probably end up powering one of the cars...

Any suggestions on how to get the slants on the front end better? Nothing I tried looked even close so I just made it flat.

How do you attach the truck units to the underside? I like the proportions of 7-wide trains and I think I want to experiment, but I've no clue how to actually start. Looks amazing, by the way!

Edited by Phoxtane

How do you attach the truck units to the underside? I like the proportions of 7-wide trains and I think I want to experiment, but I've no clue how to actually start. Looks amazing, by the way!

Thanks, I used a 2x2 turntable brick to attach the bogies.