Sign in to follow this  
Lego Spy

[SoNE Ep. 1] OM-AT Fortification

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

A squadron of Stormtroopers, including valued trooper Lego Spy, is being transported to Bespin. The Imperials have been issued to stop evacuation from Cloud City, and Lego Spy has been given the essential mission of testing the Empire's new experimental prototype, the OM-AT (One-Manned Armored Transport). When the squadron arrives at Cloud City, they are assigned locations to block off. Lego Spy is sent to a hallway on Level 106, and it appears he has a lucky catch...

Welcome to my Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka Episode 1 entry. This is in fact my first MOC on Eurobricks, so I hope you like it. :classic:

9845691283_40e7f71631.jpg

Lego Spy has caught Baron Administrator, Lando Calrissian on Level 106 of the Administrative Level!

(I built it to transition from the beautiful white hallways of Cloud City, to the dark industrial construction.)

9845651136_e6f65cf324.jpg

As you can see, Lando's as happy as he was in Tatooine, when Luke and Han Solo were about to be fed to the Sarlacc. :wink:

9767262804_69a3a473d9.jpg

And here is the incredible OM-AT (One-Manned Armored Transport) with Lego Spy in the driver's seat! The new design is sure to quickly override the flimsy AT-ST. With a smaller, more maneuverable design it can infiltrate the Rebels many bases while still maintaining safety and firepower.

9845695753_969e437177.jpg

Speaking of firepower, here is the OM-AT's only gun. But it's not just any gun. The OM-AT's repeating cannon can spin 360° (no seriously, it really can) so it can easily eliminate a large battalion of Rebels. As this Rebel demonstrates:

9845652206_1116e74b39.jpg

Rebel Scum! :devil:

9767044411_ced9821f10.jpg

Here is Lego Spy (That's me!) in the cockpit of the OM-AT. As you can see, the driver steers the vehicle with two levers. The panel in front of the pilot displays information such as laser capacity, fuel, etc. Behind Lego Spy you'll notice the small meter, it displays the OM-AT's shield damage. (The Empire's getting ultra high-tech now! :wink:)

9767046021_4e01365ca9.jpg

Here is the OM-AT's Dirty ViewScreen™. ( :hmpf_bad:)

9767253376_9716c9638b.jpg

And finally we have menacing front of OM-AT. The headlights I added later because I thought it'd look good.

THIS IS MY ENTRY TO EP. 1 OF SoNE, SO THIS SHOULD BE JUDGED

9767260064_465b97e52c_n.jpg

For more of my MOCs, head over to my Flickr page!

I'd love to hear what you think, so please feel free to comment below. :classic:

Edit 10:45 AM: Made chages to text.

Edit 9:00 PM: Made last minute changes to both images (No Problem MstrOfPppts :classic: ) and text.

I first noticed the simple yet quite nice looking base. The two joint bricks work well there and the pipe is also a nice touch. The build is nice and clean, but I find the walls a bit plain and boring. The OM-AT is very well done though I think it's more of a transport we'd find in the Clone Wars and not in the OT. I know us Imperials have quite a hard job creating something to go with the OT and not be the same as everyone else is doing - especially our pilots, since everyone knows our arsenal and troopers are not tweaking their own fighters. Not having the right Lando? Well that's a bad excuse for with LEGO you can create one. Gray cape, light gray or blue torso and some plain pants ...

I find this very clever and amusing! :wub:

Thanks!

I first noticed the simple yet quite nice looking base. The two joint bricks work well there and the pipe is also a nice touch. The build is nice and clean, but I find the walls a bit plain and boring. The OM-AT is very well done though I think it's more of a transport we'd find in the Clone Wars and not in the OT. I know us Imperials have quite a hard job creating something to go with the OT and not be the same as everyone else is doing - especially our pilots, since everyone knows our arsenal and troopers are not tweaking their own fighters. Not having the right Lando? Well that's a bad excuse for with LEGO you can create one. Gray cape, light gray or blue torso and some plain pants ...

Well for the walls, Cloud City's aren't the most stunning in the first place, but I can see what you mean. As for the OM-AT, I know it is CWesque but come on! :tongue:

And Lando... I completely agree on that, I think I might retake the images. :classic:

... As for the OM-AT, I know it is CWesque but come on! :tongue:

Haha ... I didn't say it's not good, it's cute and I know exactly how you feel since I have the same problems when thinking of what to build. I always wanted this type of RPG in the SW universe, but would prefer it in the CW or TOR time. Not for the sake of anything else, but having unlimited possibilities to create a jedi or sith. That would result in many more interesting characters - how interesting is it to have all the same stormtroopers?

Anyway back on topic - the walls of cloud city really are white but not plain, they have lots of markings and greebles in them.

Haha ... I didn't say it's not good, it's cute and I know exactly how you feel since I have the same problems when thinking of what to build. I always wanted this type of RPG in the SW universe, but would prefer it in the CW or TOR time. Not for the sake of anything else, but having unlimited possibilities to create a jedi or sith. That would result in many more interesting characters - how interesting is it to have all the same stormtroopers?

Anyway back on topic - the walls of cloud city really are white but not plain, they have lots of markings and greebles in them.

Just got Lando changed for you MstrOfPppts. :classic: I retook ALL of the images with any part of Lando in it.

Edited by Lego Spy

Not a bad little walker there. Is it just resting on it's leg bases? I don't see any connection between pins. I too like the base you've used, but the top of the white wall disappears against the white background with your lighting.

I like your solution for the vehicle problem with a little walker. :thumbup: I do, however, wish that some more focus was devoted to the setting rather than to creating a vehicle that could fit...vehicles don't always have to be the centerpiece of a creation.

Not a bad little walker there. Is it just resting on it's leg bases? I don't see any connection between pins.

Looks like a half-pin slid onto the bar of a flick-fire missile, with a round 1x1 tile on the resulting studded end and the resulting bar end slid into the Exo-Force droid arm. (Do we still call those "Exo-Force arms" or is there a different term?)

That walker you built is very neat. It is not too big and not too small. I would suggest a red stud on the laser canon to show that its firing.

Not a bad little walker there. Is it just resting on it's leg bases? I don't see any connection between pins. I too like the base you've used, but the top of the white wall disappears against the white background with your lighting.

I am going to ask about changing the picture.

EDIT: Nope, sorry can't change the image. :cry_sad:

I like your solution for the vehicle problem with a little walker. :thumbup: I do, however, wish that some more focus was devoted to the setting rather than to creating a vehicle that could fit...vehicles don't always have to be the centerpiece of a creation.

Looks like a half-pin slid onto the bar of a flick-fire missile, with a round 1x1 tile on the resulting studded end and the resulting bar end slid into the Exo-Force droid arm. (Do we still call those "Exo-Force arms" or is there a different term?)

1. Yeah, I know, but I spent a long time on this so I just decided to go with this.

2.That is 100% correct!

That walker you built is very neat. It is not too big and not too small. I would suggest a red stud on the laser canon to show that its firing.

I considered that but the fact that it had already fired changed my mind. I see what you mean, maybe a lightsaber blade would have worked too...

Edited by Lego Spy

There can never be enough imperial walkers. So why not one for floors and buildings? I guess the OM-AT must have been a fun build. Good job. I would have appreciated to see clouds or a City Panorama behind the windows. But it's cool either.

There can never be enough imperial walkers. So why not one for floors and buildings? I guess the OM-AT must have been a fun build. Good job. I would have appreciated to see clouds or a City Panorama behind the windows. But it's cool either.

I was rushed, and I wasn't sure about the rules of image editing. I would have loved to have done that, but I just didn't get the chance.

Thanks too BTW. :classic:

Edited by Lego Spy