Sign in to follow this  
Rook

SHIPtember MOC #1

I reminds me of the Subjugator Class :laugh:. The blue and light grey work really well together :thumbup:.

It looks like a hybrid of the final Mon Calamari cruiser designs that debuted in Star Wars - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and some of the preliminary ship designs Colin Cantwell did for the original movie. Nifty! :thumbup:

That's a really good looking design. If all else fails, you could use it to ram and impale an enemy ship, too!:laugh:

For sure. I kind of had a spear/arrow/missile shape in mind as I was building it. As you can probably tell from the pointed nose and almost 4 pointed tail.

I reminds me of the Subjugator Class :laugh:. The blue and light grey work really well together :thumbup:.

Yeah I'd been looking at this one the day before.

shot7.jpg?pictureId=9179961&asGalleryImage=true

Edited by Rook

It doesn’t have the distinctive organic look of a Mon Cal ship, but it still looks very plausible as a Star Wars craft and as a Rebel ship :thumbup: — reminds me a bit of the Recusant-class. I see the resemblance to the Mon Cal inspiration, I see lots of the angular style typical of the Original Trilogy, and there’re those exposed crates near the nose that remind me of the Gallorfree transports. Very smooth, with tasteful use of stickers and colors. :wub: I love those protruding trans-blue angular bubbles on the sides; though I can’t decide whether they look more like hangar bays or really big viewing galleries. Maybe they’re both. :laugh:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Wow, this design bares a striking resemblance to the Republic Stealth Ship seen in the Clone Wars series. Though it lacks the characteristic stealth generators, it shares the same long and slender hull design.

Even when ignoring any similarities to existing designs, you created a beautiful ship in its own right. My compliments for a job well done!

Very cool ship. Have you thought about putting in a hanger bay?

That's what the large angled trans light blue pieces are suppose to be. Like force field covered hangers. Like this one:800px-Venator_hangar.jpg

It doesn’t have the distinctive organic look of a Mon Cal ship, but it still looks very plausible as a Star Wars craft and as a Rebel ship :thumbup: — reminds me a bit of the Recusant-class. I see the resemblance to the Mon Cal inspiration, I see lots of the angular style typical of the Original Trilogy, and there’re those exposed crates near the nose that remind me of the Gallorfree transports. Very smooth, with tasteful use of stickers and colors. :wub: I love those protruding trans-blue angular bubbles on the sides; though I can’t decide whether they look more like hangar bays or really big viewing galleries. Maybe they’re both. :laugh:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I was thinking about going more organic but I wanted to get a SHIP built in a single day. :blush:

Wow, this design bares a striking resemblance to the Republic Stealth Ship seen in the Clone Wars series. Though it lacks the characteristic stealth generators, it shares the same long and slender hull design.

Even when ignoring any similarities to existing designs, you created a beautiful ship in its own right. My compliments for a job well done!

Nice, maybe from the same shipyards! :D Edited by Rook

I was thinking about going more organic but I wanted to get a SHIP built in a single day. :blush:

Ah. So, then...when do we get SHIPtember MOC #2? :grin:

That's what the large angled trans light blue pieces are suppose to be. Like force field covered hangers. Like this one:

Ahhh, gotcha. So are all of the blue pieces covers for hangars?

Ahhh, gotcha. So are all of the blue pieces covers for hangars?

I had only thought of those angled ones as hangars but the cheek ones could be as well. the dorsal one was clearly planned as on observation deck and of course the nose one as the cockpit.

Ah. So, then...when do we get SHIPtember MOC #2? :grin:

Hopefully by Oct 1.