Sign in to follow this  
Tanma

Kaeru- A MCU story

Here we are again, with another story in my saga. Right after the back I want to say there are no mutants as far as I know in my stories. The choices I made with the protagonist were because the choice of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2 gave me precedent, and the character was the best suited for my storytelling needs. Plus pretty much every Japanese character in Marvel is from the X-Men comics, so I didn't have too many options. Likewise I would like to apologize if I offend anyone with this, it was not intended. If it does offend send me a private message explaining what I did wrong, so that I may improve. Also some of you might figure out the twist early, depending on what you know of superhero shows and crossovers. If not, it will be explained in detail in at least the sixth story. I will say part of the reason I wrote this is because of a fondness I have for a certain underdeveloped character, who I cannot write for in her own domain because of my need to be potentially "in canon." Anyway with that here is Kaeru. (it means frog) Originally this had another title, but I felt like Kaeru fit more. Tell me what you think of this, as always.

Over two years ago

Hisako Ichiki stared in shock, as the story unfolded in front of her. Before her lay the American city of New York City, projected in real time. There in the sky lay a great hole, where tremendous whale-like beasts flew from its reaches. Alien skiffs flowed out of the portal as well, carrying an extraterrestrial army.

Her parents sat behind her, with her younger brother leaning against her on a futon. The beige ceiling shone from the light of the television, illuminating the apartment. Her parents held each other, as the alien armada swarmed from the sky on the screen.

Hisako watched as a flash of red and gold zipped across the screen. "...the American superhero Iron-Man appears to be fighting the aliens," a reporter stated, "alongside a number of other powered individuals. A new Captain America appears to be-"

She could see that Captain America, a man draped in the colors of the American flag. It was probably tacky, but Hisako was busy focusing elsewhere. The man made his way across the battlefield, pulling people to safety. As Captain America protected a teenager from falling rubble, Hisako felt something stroke her.

She looked over her shoulder suddenly at the brushing sensation. The others were enthralled by the battle over New York, there was no sign of movement. Slowly Hisako turned her attention back to the screen as well, even as explosions fireballs danced onscreen.

As she watched a slithering feeling coiled around her, distracting her. Breathing became harder, causing Hisako to gag. The room seemed to tremor, as the words and sounds of the world began to fade away.

With a thud she hit the mat, and began to spasm. Her body flayed and danced, shaking violently. She could see her parents running to her, as she shook on the floor as her brother held her. Lights flashed around her, as her body convoluted.

Snatches rushed into her ears, beats and rhythms. Purple flashes burst inside her skull, overpowering her senses. The world melted away under a pounding boom, squishing into ooze. From her spasming body she could see images split and crack. A whistle began to pierce the mad sight, ripping from her mouth.

And then it was over, and lost.

---------------------

Modern day

Bright lights twinkling against a dark sky. Neon glows radiated into the streets, beamed down and across from mighty towers. A bay splashed in the night, lit in patches from the metropolis prefecture.

Above the city glistened the moon, bright and round. As the satellite stood overhead there was a tapping across the rooftops. A figure ran along their length, leaping forth.

As the figure moved she suddenly stopped, and breathed. She wore a green and yellow jacket, covered in a layer of dirt. A headband crowned her head, and her hair fell from her face. Her eyes gleamed uneven in color, and her age was youthful, just in her teens.

Suddenly her hands and feet ignited, as a purple energy coiled around the ends of her limbs. She clasped her hands together, before leaping twenty feet away in a single bound. She landed onto another building top, before jumping again. She soared over the cityscape, leaving a violet streak behind her.

Times change. Ever since the Battle of New York the world has felt the sting of fear. Aliens had come from a tear in the sky, endless in number. The only reason they were stopped is because of six American superheroes. And the rest of the world did not have that defense.

She bounced again, looking around as she leapt. This was Tokyo Metropolis, capital of Nippon-koku, or Japan as it was known. The city danced in the moonlight, as she made her way in bounds and leaps.

She suddenly swiveled as she heard a violent pop. With a tightening of her fists she spun towards the sound, jumping across the rooftops. Her fists radiated purple, clenched in preparation.

Since New York, crime had increased across the world. Even places like Japan were crime had previously been decreasing faced spikes. Governments of the world could do nothing against aliens or gods, they couldn't protect their people from the coming storm. And that realization had begun to spread fear to the world.

As she bound across the city she listened. She had only normal human hearing, but she was learning to focus it. As she moved across the cityscape she heard another flash of gunfire. Guns and swords were restricted from the general public in Japan, but nowadays the desire for self-defense overruled following the law.

She empowered her feet, bouncing from roof to roof. With a thud she landed, catching sight of knives and cold steel twinkling in the night. Two small group of men lurked in the alley, their guns cocked and pointed as knives hung by their sides.

"Excuse me," she ordered, "Do not waste your lives. Go home."

"What are you?" guns suddenly coked towards her.

"A vigilante," her green and brown eyes glanced around, "Quit this violence, it will only weaken us for when the aliens come."

"How do we know you aren't an alien?" a man asked coldly. They were teens, though older than her, probably not in the Yakuza. Despite their heightened presence, the Yamaguchi-gumi gang still didn't completely dominate the city, and small time gangs still banded together. However ever day more small gangs joined to Yakuza, for protection from the aliens.

"Same reason we know Iron Man isn't an alien," she answered, eyeing him, "Please." Just as a shot fired she was in motion, charging.

In a streak of purple she ran forward, slamming her fist into the closest man. As he went flying she held up her forearms, blocking a barrage of bullets with her radiant glow. Quickly she leapt, swinging her foot into another man. As she landed, she flipped herself, streaking violet behind her.

She spun her torso, slamming her feet into another fighter before vaulting to the other side. Suddenly her arm exploded in pain as a flung blade drove itself into her shoulder.

The vigilante winced, before grabbing the dagger. There was a trembling, before it shattered into splattering of dust.

With her free arm she leapt and swung, knocking the fighters to the wall. Her left arm trailed behind her, still bleeding. Flinging her arm up she blocked another knife, letting it clink to the ground reflected.

She flipped and bounded, smashing her fist into all of them and sending them flying. Finally she leapt back to the center, the two sides pounded into submission.

She tore into one of the fighter's clothes, and began to bind her shoulder. As she twisted her body around her jacket lifted, exposing scars lying across her chest. A few wounds were discolored, poisoned by infection.

She took out a deep breath, and looked over her hands. Purple coiled around her limb, as she forced her left arm to move. Then she spun and walked over to an moaning teen.

"Please," she hauled him upright, "You will answer all my questions."

---------------------

One year and nine months ago

She tore into a rotten fruit, biting through the moldy taste. Her eyes locked close, as she swallowed down the food. Shaking off she dived back in, scavenging off the waste of the city.

Night had fallen, the best time to move freely. As she dived in she noticed a light beat onto her back. She swiveled, to see a man in a suit behind her.

"Sorry," she leapt down, "Do you want something?"

The man held a strange device in his hand, which began to buzz as it hit her. "Incredible," the man muttered, "You are a strange girl miss...?"

"I don't have a name," she tensed up. Instinctually purple boots emerged onto her feet, as her eyes flickered behind him, calculating.

"No need to be worried," he held up his arms, "We have heard of what you can do. The Frog; able to jump ten feet in any direction. It is marvelous."

"Please, why are you here?" The Frog asked, her expression hard.

"I represent a group of politicians and business men," he said, still open for attack, "We have an offer for you. Japan is currently under protected. Though SHIELD guards our lands, we worry that our lack of champions will doom us. We would like you to help us."

"I already protect Japan," she defended.

"You almost died in that fight two days ago," he replied, "You are going to get a lot more scars if you just smash into people. You...how old are you?"

"Twelve," The Frog answered carefully.

"You are young to be on your own." She was silent, her face betraying nothing.

"We can help you," the man said, "Give you resources, food, training, let your wounds heal. All we want is to let you be the best hero you can be."

She paused, before answering, "...Alright."

"Thank you very much," he dropped his arms and gestured for her to come inside the car, "May I call you Kaeru?"

"Please, I will walk," she said, "But okay." The man gave her a look, before entering the car. As it started to back up she paused, thing. Then with a leap Kaeru bounced, chasing after the vehicle.

---------------------

Modern day

"Sir," a man walked up through the narrow hallways of the Giri Corporation, "We have more sightings of Kaeru. She engaged a group of small level gangs, before leaping out of sight."

Another man turned around, dressing in a black suit. He had graying hair, black mixed in at points. Glasses hung from his face, hiding brown eyes. His left arm was behind him, unseen.

"She grows more bold every day. Are the public still unaware?"

"For the moment, though rumors have begun to form."

"Send a patrol," the man stated, "Ask the thugs which direction she was headed in. We cannot afford for her to vanish again."

"Yes sir." The man departed from the room, already making the call.

---------------------

One year and five months ago

"You are marvelous," Mr. Oshima said as he watched Kaeru leap and jump. Her feet launched her across the air, allowing her to crash into the trainers.

Kaeru stood up and gave a slight grin. Suddenly a trainer knocked into her, forcing her to skid. She slowly pulled herself up, before crashing forward in a jump.

As the trainer sidestepped Oshima called out, "You can not just keep crashing. Be too predictable and you will be beaten."

Kaeru nodded, before leaping again. As she leapt she swung out her fist, even as the trainer stepped away. She rolled onto the floor, before rebounding off of a wall.

With a crash she slammed her fist into the trainer, knocking him across the mat. Kaeru breathed, even as new trainers arrived.

"Mr. Oshima," the man turned to see a young adult coming forward with a file of papers, "We are finished with SHIELD's research on the Tesseract."

Oshima fished through the file as Kaeru fought on. He sighed, before handing it back. "Barely similar," he sighed, "What is inside you child?"

Kaeru bounced onto the floor, smacking her fist into a trainer. The trainer skidded back, even as Kaeru grinned. In a burst she charged, leaping over the trainer before knocking into them with her twirling feet.

The young man kept a firm gaze on Kaeru, but kept his mouth silent

"You disapprove?"

"Apologies sir, but she is not even thirteen," the young man said, "She should not be put into combat. She should be in school."

Oshima nodded, "What is your name?"

"Takuya Yamashiro."

"Why did you sign up here?"

"So that our people need not fear the future."

Oshima sighed, "Do not worry, we do not plan to keep her here for long. Once we figure out how to duplicate her power we will find a place for her."

Takuya dipped his head, just as there was a flash. The two turned suddenly as Kaeru's fist turned purple, smashing a trainer into a wall. Quickly she ran to the man, and began prying him from the wall. "Apologies sir," she said, "I...I did not know I could do that."

"Keep running tests," Mr. Oshima muttered to Takuya, "We need to know what we are dealing with here." The young man nodded, before departing the room.

---------------------

Modern day

Kaeru leapt through the city, moving across the rooftops. Night had fallen again, as the moon began to wane. Her shoulder still winced, but it was a dulled now. The knife had only scraped her, no real lasting damage.

With a jump she flung herself onto the side of a warehouse, sealed up tight. With a press of her purple fists she felt the side, and let her fingertips shatter the wall to scrap. She landed below, inside the empty building. Her violet hue recoiled, reentering her body.

Kaeru looked around, filling around the floor. Suddenly she heard a click, and her purple glow sprang to life. With a flip she spun around, knocking a man to the ground. "Where are they?" she asked, her purple hand clutching his neck.

"What are you?"

"A vigilante," she threw him down, "Where?"

The man pointed shakily to the back of the wall, to a cabinet. "Thank you," she said, before pounding into his chest. She quickly kicked him in his crotch, knocking him into a wall. As he collapsed Kaeru shoved the cabinet aside, revealing a hatch.

Stepping back she smashed through, landing in a layer below. Her arms threw up as she rolled up, just as bullets began to fire. With quick steps she charged, letting the metal rebound off her gauntlet. People scattered as she ran, though most shots bounced upwards. With a swing she smashed her fists into the shooter, knocking him down.

As another fired at her she spun, blocking with her foot. Then with a leap she tackled him, plowing him into the wall. As he slid she swung, pounding into his chest.

As the man crumbled Kaeru turned. Young foreigners crowded the room, staring at her in shock. "Go," she said, pointing to the ladder, "Go out of the main entrance. Head that way until you reach the train station. Then take a seven mile walk to the left. The people there should help you."

The girls nodded, before moved out on mass. One hung back before saying, "Thank you."

Kaeru nodded, before letting out a rare grin. She quickly frowned before saying, "Just, enjoy it here while you can." The girl nodded slowly, before departed after the others.

The vigilante sighed as she looked at the bludgeoned men, her fists tight. She smashed her fist into his jaw, cracking it. Gradually her hands calmed, before she leapt through the ceiling onto the surface.

As she landed her feet and hands recoiled their radiance, and she walked away. As she walked her face settled into her usual stare, focused and searching.

As she walked across the city she heard a flood of cars coming towards her. Immediately her legs shifted purple, bolting her onto a rooftop.

Quickly Kaeru turned around to see cars pulling up, as men armed with an assortment of nonlethal weaponry emerged.

She sighed, before turning away. Then with a leap she leapt across the another building, even as the men and women swiveled after her.

A barrage rushed after her, even as she launched herself further. By now they were back in their cars, leaning out to fire occasional shots. Kaeru just stared, before bouncing away.

Suddenly she threw herself onto a skyscraper, catching onto a higher peak. Then she leapt again, scaling the tower in jumps. With a flip she landed on the top.

As she looked around she sighed, just as a whirl of a helicopter appeared behind her. "Please, Kaeru," a man said from the vehicle, "We just want to talk."

"Sorry, Mr. Oshima, but what about them?" she gestured below.

"They are scared."

Kaeru sighed, "Fear explains, it does not justify. I told you, I cannot work for you. Not after what you did. I protect people my way."

"Mistakes were made," Oshima said, "You know we just wanted to protect our home."

"Excuse me, but you should have stopped after him," she said neutrally, "We both know that you kept trying. Fear explains."

"Please Asami," he said, "Clayhand has escaped."

Kaeru swiveled, "Where did you hear that name?"

"We have been looking for missing children since we found you," he answered, "Asami Ichiki was the best match."

Kaeru scowled openly, startling everyone. "I am not her any more," she said, "I grew out of it. I will grow out of Kaeru too one day. But how do I know Clayhand has escaped?"

The helicopter moved forward, as Oshima stepped forward, his graying hair blowing from the wind. Pulling his left sleeve down he showed a shriveled hand and arm, burnt viciously.

Kaeru sighed, "I am not so young now...Will you make the woman who left that building are cared for?"

"Yes."

"Then tell me exactly how he escaped from you," Kaeru asked.

---------------------

One year ago

"It's a simple procedure," a scientist said as she locked Takuya in place, "It will not take long." Mr. Oshima watched from the side as the device hung. He stood behind a glass barrier, reinforced just in case.

"You are sure this is safe?"

"It is difficult to be certain sir," the scientist answered, "This radiation seems identical to the kind she possesses, but without knowing how Kaeru was altered, we cannot be positive."

Mr. Oshima nodded, before turning to an assistant. "Bring her here." She nodded, before departing.

Mr. Oshima stared even as Kaeru appeared, "Excuse me, what is it?" she grinned, before catching sight of Takuya. She tilted her head at the sight of the young adult strapped to a bed.

"We are trying to empower him with your abilities," he answered.

"...Oh," Kaeru's face fell as she looked at Takuya, "Um, I guess I could use some help when I go back out."

Mr. Oshima gave her a look slowly, before stating, "Begin."

With a whirl energy surged into Takuya, flowing into his arms and legs. His body shock and spasmed, trembling violently. A wail ripped from his mouth, inhuman and painful.

"Please stop it," Kaeru said as the young man's body shook and jerked bout, "You're hurting him!"

Mr. Oshima stared for a second clenched up, before saying, "Turn it off."

As the machine stopped Takuya fell through his bonds, collapsing on the group. Skin dropped from him, splashing on the floor. The group stared in horror, as he slowly stood up, his skin bubbling into a tan mucky shade.

"Two," Takuya moaned in a twisted thick voice, "Two in one." He shuffled forward towards the group, squeezing onto the glass. "Two in one."

His body melted further, turning into a gooey ooze. With a shove he splashed onto the wall, seeping in a wall off goo. Kaeru stood back, before turning, "Please, what do we do?"

Immediately the glass shattered, spraying the group. Kaeru threw herself in front, blocking the bulk of the shrapnel with her glowing arms and body.

The gooey man blasted into her with a oozing fist, knocking her to the wall. There was a sizzling sound, as Kaeru's skin scorched from his acidic touch. As she struggled she managed, "Stop this sir," she pleaded, "Try to think."

"Two in one!" he flung her into another wall, even as men backed away. As she smashed the wall her feet sparked purple, before vaulting her into the blob. With a splash she crashed through him, skidding behind. Her skin was burnt all over, though nothing too permanent.

As she looked on Takuya reformed, twisting back into a vaguely human shape. He suddenly lumbered forward, moving onwards her. "Two in one!"

"Yes," she said before kicking into him. Her foot sank in, trapping her in his chest. With a shove he threw her out, skidding Kaeru to the floor.

Kaeru gave a look, before heading to the main part of the room. She spun on her heel, in time to see Takuya still lumbering towards her. She nodded, before leaping into the air. With a swing she smashed the sprinklers, letting water rain down.

Takuya oozing and mushed at the water, his body squashing under the rain. With some effort he gurgled forward, swinging his arms at her through the rain.

Kaeru leapt forward, splattering him to the wall. As she rolled away he caught her, before slamming her to the ground. With a twist Takuya shoved her again and again, knocking the wind from her grasp.

Suddenly men rushed forward, tasers in hand. The electricity pumped into the mutant, causing him to stumble. As he splashed into fluid Kaeru lay on the ground, hyperventilating.

"Are you okay?" Mr. Oshima made his way to her as men and woman struggled to collect the goo. Kaeru nodded faintly, even as she stared at Takuya's ooze.

---------------------

Modern day

Kaeru hung to the helicopter as it flew, refusing to enter its body. As she clutched to the side. Mr. Oshima stared at her, watching the fourteen year old as she clung on, her hands and feet purple.

"You can come in."

"No thank you."

"...Some of us worry you have become too violent."

"I fight in proportions," she answered, "Smaller crimes are treated kinder, inhuman acts are pounded in. I am fighting a war."

"Have you ever killed anyone?"

There was silence before she answered, "No, I have not, there is too much death of criminals already. Some are just disabled or children, they cannot help themselves."

"You are a child."

"I gave that up when Asami died."

Oshima smiled a little, and said, "I still see a little optimism in you."

Kaeru paused, before saying, "Where are we going?"

"...Clayhand was seen moving towards Osaka," Oshima stated, "He was plowing through the countryside, so sightings have been rare."

She nodded before saying, "I can leap the rest of the way. With a shove she leapt off the helicopter, landing onto the city below. With a leap she charged, bounding and jumping across the landscape.

---------------------

Less than one year ago

Kaeru rolled about on her futon, struggling to stay comfortable. Finally she stood up, and stretched. Coming up she faced the door, making her stumble. With a glance back and forth she opened the door, and crept inside.

She made her way down the halls, darting across the corners. She rubbed her eyes at the fluorescent lights, shattering through the dark of night.

Kaeru suddenly spotted an intersection between hallways in her path. Peering to the side she could see guards talking. With a pause she ran back, letting her feet turn purple. She leapt, soaring through the gap. As she moved he retracted her glow, keeping her relatively unseen.

She moved on, navigating the maze of passages. She had no clue where to go, but she would get there. Suddenly she found herself back at the empowerment room, which still hummed. Curious, she slid open the door, and peered inside.

A Macaque lay suspended in the device, energy charging into it. Kaeru watched as the monkey shook and trembled, it's body mad. Kaeru stared in shook, watching the primate.

Suddenly she threw open the door, shouting, "What are you doing? You are hurting him!"

"Kaeru," Oshima turned, "You should be asleep."

"You should stop this," she said, "You saw what happened to Takuya, he turned into mud. It is much to early to experiment again."

"We have control of the situation," Oshima said.

"Why can't you just wait?" she plead as the monkey spasmed, "I can protect you, give them some time."

"You are a child," Oshima rounded on her, "You should not be fighting our battles. You should be protected, not used as a soldier."

"You lied then," Kaeru said simply. As Oshima started to speak she ignited with purple, and smashed through the ceiling. Guards spun around at the sound, even as she smashed to the outsides of the building."

---------------------

Modern day

Kaeru leapt through the outskirts, just as day broke. As she leapt about she landed forward, reaching the city of Osaka. She skidded to a halt, looking over the massive settlement. It was like Tokyo, but perhaps less spread out.

As she leapt she suddenly stopped, and clutched her head. "Stupid," she muttered, "If they find Takuya how will I know?" She now stood in an alley, alone.

Kaeru leaned onto a wall, and took a deep breath. As she existed she heard footsteps, human in weight. She peered over to see a young man and woman, heading to the curb. Traffic was not too strained, though the vigilante couldn't help but eye all the cars.

"Please," she urged them, "Run for shelter. Something is coming."

"What do you mean?" the man looked at her.

"A battle," she let her legs reignite, startling the two of them, "Please warn everyone you can." With that she burst away, as the woman nodded.

Kaeru bounded across the city again, dancing across the rooftops. Then she suddenly swiveled to the side, just as she caught sight of Takuya, his goo blasting through the streets. He seemed much bigger now, about ten feet in height. Cars knocked to the side as he lumbered forward, spreading destruction.

With a gurgle he shifted towards Kaeru, shooting his oozing arm at her. Quickly she kept to the side, before leaping through him, bursting him from the impact. She quickly leapt back, landing on her purple glowing feet.

Kaeru smacked her hands together, even as Takuya reformed into a human shape. With a squish his arms extended, and shot out at her like water from a pressure hose. Tan gunk splashed before her, as she leapt and jumped about.

Kaeru leapt to the rooftop of a building, before flexing at Takuya. With a roar the mutated man spurted at her, squishing onto the roof. As he stood his body burnt into the roof, sizzling the cement.

The vigilante began to encircle Takuya with leaps, even as the helicopter showed up. The giant swung his ooze at her, forcing her jumps to scatter in pattern.

As Kaeru leapt about the helicopter began to fire a barrage into Takuya. Sparks danced from the impact, as electric bullets struck Clayhand. The mucky man swayed and shook, just as Kaeru burst through him.

As Takuya reformed, he trembled and churned from the barrage. Suddenly he spun his arms, before flinging one into the vehicle. The helicopter shock from the impact, as part of its wall dissolved and its body quaked.

Kaeru burst through him again, regaining his attention. Her eyes locked onto the vehicle, focusing despite the fight.

"Two in one," he churned as he regenerated, "Born of two worlds."

"...What?" Kaeru asked as her clothes sizzled from passing through Takuya so many times. She still kept her gaze on the helicopter, despite also watching Takuya.

"You feel the beat?" he said, swinging his fists, " the rhythm in the streets! Twin pasts met in one collision. Timelines melt as two in one."

"End the fusion," he pleaded, "End the madness! Fix everything! Two pasts!"

Kaeru leapt over Takuya , just as the helicopter stabilized enough to fire again. Takuya bellowed as part of his body liquified, before swinging his fist into the vehicle.

As he swung Kaeru was already in motion. With a leap she leapt in front of the helicopter, spreading out her arms and legs. As she moved Takuya's fist smashed into her, creating a flash of light.

---------------------

One week ago

Takuya splashed and churned in his tank, no visible holes in the structure it was built of a strange metal, an alloy designed to resist all danger. There were no holes, only sensors to detect him.

But those sensors were weak points, and despite their reinforced design Clayhand had managed to tear into them, slowly but surely. The first time he had done this he what'd reached an electric barrier, which had knocked him out in time for his guards to replace his bounds.

This had happened three times, and slowly Clayhand was become resistant to shocks. They still stung and damaged his body, but he was less shaking. Enough for him to resume devouring the sensors, but this time without passing out from the electricity.

He could feel the guards moving the sensors, assuming his was unconscious. Quickly he surged, smashing through the gaps. Like water he poured out of the tight container, before blasting the guards with corrosive acidic goo.

They screamed as he burnt through them, dissolving them into gunk. With a sloppy sound he absorbed them into his body, increasing his mass.

Clayhand oozed forward, burning a hole behind him as he went. "Two in one," he gurgled, "Got to separate one into two." He melted away, to begin his search.

---------------------

Modern day

Kaeru opened her eyes to see purple before her. As she looked around her she found a faint outline over her whole body, structured like armor. Her constructs had expanded from her feet and hands, forming a complete shell over her body. Even her head was covered by a helmet like projection.

She flexed her completely covered arms, as Clayhand blasted her. Immediately she began to burn through him. Shattering his goo. Clayhand fell back, just in time for her to smash through him.

Bits of Clayhand rained down, before reforming on the streets below. Kaeru leapt down, smashing into Clayhand. Leaping or ward he barreled through him, splattering him everywhere.

Kaeru twisted about and ran into a large chunk, shattering the goo in a small explosion. Even as she spun around Clayhand reformed, dragging a bus over his head.

With a roar he threw the vehicle, before charging. Kaeru quickly leapt up, catching the bus before lowering it to the ground. As the riders scattered she was tackled by Clayhand, crashing her into an a hotel.

As she pulled herself up Clayhand threw her, knocking her into the pavement. Kaeru stood back up, shaken but undamaged. With a grit of her teeth she charged, punches flinging.

Clayhand splattered again, giving Kaeru time. Quickly she ran to the street corner, before spotting a fire hydrant lying on the side of a building. With a yank she ripped it open, just as Clayhand tackled her.

Kaeru picked herself up, before smashing into Clayhand with a shove. As he burst she ran back to the hydrant, and began to work. Suddenly the siren activated, causing Clayhand to scream in agony.

"Lucky," she observed, before finally bursting forth water. The fluid smashed into Clayhand, dissolving him into mush. He struggled to stay stable, though he was all but paralyzed by the sound.

"...Now what?" Kaeru asked herself. Takuya dripped and flattened, struggling to stay stable.

"Two in one," he moaned, reaching out towards her, "It's...slipping. Splitting..." His body struggled to stay solid, as his eyes ran into puddles.

"Please, try to focus," Kaeru urged him.

"We can think," he managed, "Our minds are separate for now. It has been so long."

"What did you mean by two in one?"

"Memories," he said, "Two sets of memories inside us. One of a world of many superheroes, the other of this world. But it is wrong. Unstable. Whatever accident or destiny made you was stronger. We are sorry..."

Takuya collapsed into a mound of ooze, just as men and women rushed over to him. As he stood weak the group rolled him towards a large jug, made of a strange metal.

Kaeru nodded, before leaping and slamming Takuya into the jug. As it sealed up she asked, "Can it hold him?"

"Yes," an agent said, "It is the same material as Captain America's Shield, he will not be able to escape."

"Good," Kaeru said.

"Thank you," Mr. Oshima stated as he landed, "I see you have mastered your armor."

"...Armor," Kaeru repeated, before saying, "Sorry, but now that Takuya has been contained, I have a country to protect." She stepped back, before suddenly bolting into the sky. Wrapped in her armor she bounced away.

Mr. Oshima stared as she vanished, letting out a sigh. As he turned around he suddenly noticed a small crowd of citizens, phones and cameras watching as Kaeru jumped away.

---------------------

One day later

"This is what I wanted to show you," a strange yellow eyed man said in English as he pulled up a website, "They are calling her Karuta. I believe it means a kind of armor." The image showed a young teenager, fighting a large slimy creature.

A woman stared behind him as he watched a video of the fight, filmed on a cellphone. "Any idea who she is?"

"No," the man answered, "But I think she is young. Nice to see we are finally getting superhumans outside of the United States though."

The woman sighed before saying, "I need to talk to him."

"Who?" he asked, "Wait you mean-so we are making our play now?" He grinned at the prospect, even as he pulled up another video.

"Not yet," she answered, "But we need to be ready. She could help us. I just would like us to be to do this without that savage."

"Agreed," the man said, "He's just a brute. Still, if we can get Karuta it might be worth it."

The woman nodded, even as they watched the fourteen year old's battle.