Hi there guys!

I can finally show you this model that i've tried to build several times without too much success :laugh:

I don't know if you've ever seen it before, but if you're italian, you'd identify it as an icon...

It's the legendary Panda 4x4 by Fiat, a cheap and undestructible city car from the 80s - 90s with great offroad capabilities

people still use it and still buy it nowdays because it's just a great car.

so here's my lego version of it!

DSCN7424b_zps76242b6d.jpg

Features:

- Front and rear live axle

- 4x4

- Openable hood and doors

- Power functions

Measures:

27cm x 12cm x 12.5cm

690g weight

It performs really well thanks to the light weight and the absence of differentials...even if it's a small scale model it has "a lot" of ground clearance if you relate it to the wheels i've used.

The gear ratio i've used, driven by two L motors, is quite fast and it makes the driving experience funny :D

The only thing i don't like too much (but that's not my fault XD) is the steering radius that's quite large...i had to chose if i wanted a narrower radius having some stress on U joints or vice versa ....and i choosed no stress on U joints :grin:

But anyway it's a feature that i can easily change by just removing the front part, that's connected to the chassis by only two pins, and changing two or three pieces.

The short travel suspensions i used are very similar to those i used in my ford fiesta some months ago...the geometry is not perfect but as the travel is only 1 stud it doesn't give any problem.

In 2 hours i will take it out for a ride in the itailan countryside so probably tonight the video will be up on my youtube channel...

obviuosly i will update the topic once i'll have the video ^^

I hope you like it :blush:

Pit

DSCN7434b_zps0aac5449.jpg

DSCN7436b_zps6e4a92ad.jpg

DSCN7430b_zpsac09e699.jpg

DSCN7435b_zps41333f9f.jpg

DSCN7446b_zps2b4b7f73.jpg

Edited by piterx

Green! I like new green!

How could you fit all that stuff there? Every you MOC is wonderful!

thank you guys ^^

Green! I like new green!

How could you fit all that stuff there? Every you MOC is wonderful!

you're too kind egor :)

actually if i placed the reciver somewhere else there was also enough space for back seats :laugh:

but i wanted it hidden in the body :P

This is a very iconic car. Even for me as being german. But nowadays, you don't see them very often anymore. Also, I don't recall having ever seen a 4x4 version.

You captured the shape very well. I wonder how fast this will go. Also, I really think the front grill with the iconic logo really adds the most to the looks.

Soo cute and greeeeen! :P

I like it heaps cos of nice details, very compact size and cool features and functions.

I've never seen the real car but if I did, I'm sure I would recognize it straight away.

Great job, and can't wait to see the video! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::laugh:

One of the few FIATs wich worth its price :tongue:

Your one is very close to the original!

p.s.: you may add a bracket and a couple of #6231 on the rear of the steering wheel to reproduce the protruding dashboard of the Panda..

Edited by Matteo1130

awesome MOC of a great iconic car here in the UK too, always loved these my dad had the standard two wheel drive panda for a short time, not much fun been one of 3 kids squashed in the back.

I'd be interested how you executed the steering. Got any pics?

Very nice little car. I like it.

I knew it was Panda in one of your latest teasers! Great looking MOC and I really like it being green.

hey guys thank you very much ^^

video is coming soon :P

it's not gonna be the best video i will make but apreciate i went 30km from home to get to this place lol

i also scratched some beams and the L motor....minor thing but :hmpf_bad:

mjbqc4.jpg

I'd be interested how you executed the steering. Got any pics?

Very nice little car. I like it.

i hope these (crappy) pictures could be enough to get how it works...otherwise if you need i can make an ldraw file :sweet:

23r7ix5.jpg

o5n6g3.jpg

That Panda 4x4 looks very, very nice. I was on holiday last 3 weeks in Italy and indeed I sawa a lot of Panda 4x4 cars :laugh:

Nice work! :thumbup:

I love it.

My parent's owned one once, I was about the age of 1 or something. I would love to have one (real and the lego version).

Wow awesome little car! I love the green and the white wheels!!! (ps: when I first read the title I thought someone had mad the Fiat Panda 4x4 from TopGear (uk))

Wow i am impressed with all of the detail you put into the car! And I think I actually like the green color!

tim

Now that is one smart piece of building. I like the shape, and the colour. The steering is nicely done in so little space. Back in the day, the UK government had the bright idea of having all cars which were towing caravans to be 4WD. Someone mentioned the 4WD Panda, and the legislation was dead in the water.