TheLegoDr

New Pirates minifigure pack

I saw my local LBR has a new pirates minifigure pack in stock. It has 4 total pirates -- one female (similar to the fairytale set with the green corset top and looks like Ann Lee's head from Monster Fighters), two generic pirates with dark red bandanas with the IFS cook torso (I think), and Captain Redbeard. It also has a map, a treasure chest, a barrel, and a crab. It details for $14.99 and had 39 total pieces. I just thought I would bring it up. It wouldn't let me take the picture from the Facebook LUG page, so I can't share it here right now.

Edit: Image added.

9580549373_61bc6a02ab.jpg

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Darkdragon
pirate blogged

Hmm... Are all of the parts from pre-existing sets? Or are there new torsos? Hopefully pictures will pop up soon. Either way it's nice that TLG are still keeping Pirates alive somehow.

I think I need that minifigure pack. I need to expand my pirates army. My imperial soldiers army is not that big (6 soldiers, 2 officers, 1 admiral, all from the latest pirates series), so I need more of them too. I hope there will be another pirates series, but then I need to choose between LOTR, The Hobbit, Star Wars, and pirates :sceptic: . First I need to see pics, and then I will decide.

Here it is, provided by the Facebook group! :classic:

Click the picture for a bigger look. :wink:

9580549373_61bc6a02ab.jpg

Why is there a troll sword as a pirate saber? And why is there only 1 gun? 4 figs, 2 weapons, I don't like that.

Why is there a troll sword as a pirate saber? And why is there only 1 gun? 4 figs, 2 weapons, I don't like that.

Yeah, the troll sword doesn't fit. I do like the inclusion of the map, which is not very common, and the gold bar.

O, is that a new map? Cool. But still not going to get it. I also don't like that the 2 normal pirates are the same, only the heads are different. If there where 4 pirates, that are all different, and at least 4 weapons, I would consider buying it, but now, no, TLG, you messed up with this figure pack.

O, is that a new map? Cool. But still not going to get it. I also don't like that the 2 normal pirates are the same, only the heads are different. If there where 4 pirates, that are all different, and at least 4 weapons, I would consider buying it, but now, no, TLG, you messed up with this figure pack.

The map is in four sets. :wink:

Thanks for getting the picture. It wouldn't let me for some reason (probably because I only use a kindle). I think the pack will be good to get a kid for a birthday or to get them interested in LEGO pirates, but not the best if you want to supplement your pirate ranks since you have these more than likely.

If anyone is wanting a full review or better pictures, I'm going to my LEGO Store today. I'll see if they have it. :wink:

-Sci

Interesting. I may get it as I don't have female pirate and crab. I would replace the sword.

Since I have Capt Brickbeard, Lady Pirate with an eyepatch and some of his mateys, but we need an Imperial Soldiers minifigure pack.

Since I have Capt Brickbeard, Lady Pirate with an eyepatch and some of his mateys, but we need an Imperial Soldiers minifigure pack.

Exactly. We don't get enough Soldiers to fight the Pirates. I really need them. Going on ebay or bricklink is too expansive, so new pirate sets are welcome.

Quite odd release without any existing pirate theme, but I like the use of Monster Fighters heads. They work very well on these ragged pirates.

It is sadly very simplistic and quite bland- only the captain's torso, the crab and the map appeal to me-- I'll skip this one.

Well, this is unexpected and exciting. Yes, it's overpriced, and yes, all the pieces are technically old, but I like the combination. And I'm a Pirate completest--if I bought the Fairy Tales minifigure set just for the two pirates in it you can bet I'll be picking this one up. ;)

TC

It's a bit uninspiring, especially the two generic pirates being the same... Still, good that they're keeping an interest going.

Could this be a tease for something coming back ?

It does seem that Lego are releasing themes/sub-themes....possibly every five years......the last pirate theme (excluding PoTC) was in 2009......so next year will be five years since the last. :wink:

The sword looks really odd, no gold pieces or jewels - a very odd minifig pack indeed.....but at least the heads on some of them are different than previously. :wink:

They seem to be including the POTC gold pieces, actually. And I'm not a Castle collector, so I appreciate the odd sword. The lack of weapons doesn't bother me personally--my pirates are so well armed that anyone without weapons is welcome to help man the canons/cranes/sails/helm...but it does tend to reduce the play value quite a bit.

I'd noticed that the 2009 and POTC sets consistently had extra swords, sometimes even double the number that were supposed to be included. It's possible this single odd sword is a cost saving measure...

TC