Parts: 550 Price: $39.99

>no image yet<

31026 Bicycle Shop and Cafe

Parts: 1023 Price: $69.99**

Information and pictures via Brickset unless otherwise specified

* Information from legomarkabolt.hu - thanks just2good for the link

** Very approximate price

Original post

Brickset has listed two new Creator sets. As 'xtremegoogler' says in the 2013 topic...

These two new sets just appeared on Brickset, don't know anything about them but I really like the monkey and parrot set.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5474/9553770685_d21d5f527b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5332/9556560348_25ff96f364.jpg

They seem to be 2014 sets, though.

(Never quote pictures, kids. This was just under special circumstances. :grin: )

And, in fact, Brickset does list them as 2014 Creator sets. So, this calls for a 2014 Creator topic. Personally, I'm curios if LEGO is going to stop doing the "3 in 1" models. These two seem to have two separate models, not made from the same pieces as each other. Maybe Creator set "2 pack" builds? Either way, though we don't have pictures for any Creator House set yet, I'm sure we'll be getting some in 2014. Strangely enough, we have not gotten a Creator 2014 rumor list yet.

UPDATE: 8/21/2013

In the back of the instructions of set 31017, I noticed another new Creator-set:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/smarth/News/Sets/Creator/Sets/Box-art/31022.png

Looks like a nice set also.

Edited by Rufus
Updated with known information

Wow, that monkey is amazing! It looks incredibly posable! Even the eyebrows and ears seem to be posable! I wonder why they didn't give him jointed elbows, but that should be an easy fix. This is the first Creator set in a long time that I would actually be excited to have. I'm tired of miniature vehicles in primary colors and hope that this means a return to the Designer sets which had clever designs and rare parts that made them worth buying for me.

Yes, that monkey is amazing ! The 31017 is less interesting, IMO. It's again a vehicle set, nothing too exciting.

Wow, that monkey is amazing! It looks incredibly posable! Even the eyebrows and ears seem to be posable! I wonder why they didn't give him jointed elbows, but that should be an easy fix.

I do really love that monkey! Also, my bud William Shore pointed this out- they're using Mixel eye tiles, too, along with the small joints on the shoulders (which is what it looks to be)!

along with the small joints on the shoulders (which is what it looks to be)!

At first glance I thought shoulders joints were Mixels parts too, but it's more likely to be BIONICLE joints, like the legs.

At first glance I thought shoulders joints were Mixels parts too, but it's more likely to be BIONICLE joints, like the legs.

Ah yes, with closer inspection, you might be right. I'll be blunt- I'm not a joint guy. :grin:

Edited by just2good

That monkey is incredible and you also get a toucan too. I like the banana as well. I hope lego keeps on going with these creator animal sets. The egal set from this year was a big hit.

Personally, I'm curios if LEGO is going to stop doing the "3 in 1" models. These two seem to have two separate models, not made from the same pieces as each other. Maybe Creator set "2 pack" builds?

The truck and car are definitely built from the same parts. You can see how they reused the parts, like the car's steering wheel doubling as the the "fifth wheel" on the truck and the slopes recombined to make those odd windows in the truck's cab.

9553770685_d21d5f527b.jpg

Both these model's look like there B-Model's...

And that's probably because they are indeed B-Models, As this photo appears to be the cover for the second booklet with building instructions.

Expect something comparable in size to 6913 or 6743 for the main model.

---

As for the bigger sets:

I'm really hoping for a nice big car (why not in red this time?) possibly with steering and suspension, Something like 4896 or even better.

Edited by Sato

Look at the 31017 Racing Car, on the side fairings just behind the orange cheese slope... it might just be a trick of the light, but could that be part 11458 in black? The instances on the front of the truck (holding the trans-black bionicle eyes) look like current dark bley.

The roof of the truck hints at some trans-black 1x1 round plates, but again, that could be a lighting thing, and just some trans-red.

EDIT: yeah, it's trans-red.

Regardless, both this and the 31019 Monkey & Toucan look like nice little £10 sets with some parts and colours that I am lacking, so of course I MUST HAVE THEM.

Edited by Gnac

Wow, that monkey is amazing! It looks incredibly posable! Even the eyebrows and ears seem to be posable! I wonder why they didn't give him jointed elbows, but that should be an easy fix. This is the first Creator set in a long time that I would actually be excited to have. I'm tired of miniature vehicles in primary colors and hope that this means a return to the Designer sets which had clever designs and rare parts that made them worth buying for me.

Well, it's a trade-off we see every now and then in themes like Hero Factory. With greater articulation comes reduced stability, meaning sometimes a model that's great in terms of articulation can be weaker as a display model. This is probably part of the reason why so few BIONICLE and Hero Factory sets (and for that matter, System mecha and action figures) have had articulated waists, and why so many System sets use click-hinges instead of clip-and-handle hinges which have a greater range of movement.

In any event, the length of the arms and the 45-degree bend in the elbows means there should still be a wide range of possible poses for this fellow. He may not be able to rub his tummy and pat his head, but he should still be plenty expressive. And I like that. Shame this set doesn't seem to come with any of those lovely Mixels joints, but it still does evoke the same sort of zany building style, just with a bit more grounded subject matter.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of the car and truck. Are they two alternate models of the same set? Are they two models that can be built at the same time, and that together can be rebuilt into two alternate models? Either way they're two decent Creator vehicles. Nothing remarkably novel in terms of subject matter, but still creative in their designs.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of the car and truck. Are they two alternate models of the same set? Are they two models that can be built at the same time, and that together can be rebuilt into two alternate models? Either way they're two decent Creator vehicles. Nothing remarkably novel in terms of subject matter, but still creative in their designs.

As Gryphon Ink notes, they definitely look like two alternate models from the same set (and quite likely the "B" and "C" models from a typical "3 in 1" set whose "A" model we haven't seen; the image likely comes from one of those secondary instruction booklets included alongside a separate booklet dedicated to the primary model).

In the back of the instructions of set 31017, I noticed another new Creator-set:

31022.png

Edited by TAFOL

The parrot has part 11477 1x2 bow in orange and the monkey has it in black. I've also spotted it in LBG on the leaked SW pics - great to see this fantastic new part looks to be getting new colours so fast. So far it's only been olive and DBG.

{pic}

Looks pretty Technic-y! Of course, I'm not a Technic guy, so who am I to say that. :laugh:

Where are the instructions?

The parrot has part 11477 1x2 bow in orange and the monkey has it in black. I've also spotted it in LBG on the leaked SW pics - great to see this fantastic new part looks to be getting new colours so fast. So far it's only been olive and DBG.

You forgot white :)

Excellent, I hope we start seeing more 2014 sets soon. I want to know what Creator Building(s) we are going to get. Or even something different... since they started including minifigs in some Creator sets, they haven't had anything like 4997 'Transport Ferry' with minifig compatibility. I'd really like to see them do a large Creator set with minifigs that isn't just a building.