74louloute

Medieval Pop-up book

Hi Eurobrickers,

Here is my latest MOC depicting the Château de Lunéville, in Lorraine, France.

On the cover of the book, you can find the heraldry of Freistroff : the left part is the blazon of Lorraine, and in the right the blazon of family Valcourt-Freistroff.

Inside the Château, you can find the Duc Stanislas Leszczyński, in its bed.

He died in an accident at the age of 88 years old. His bed burned while he was sleeping. A little maid saved him from the fire but he died several days later.

The MOC is made for the L13 contest on Brickpirate.net where you have to build something related to Lorraine, France.

9514812305_d0079da09a.jpg 9514817695_52d7a687f5.jpg

Medieval Pop-up book by 74louloute, on Flickr

9514815137_0b024a7d55.jpg

9514810629_03d06e3680.jpg

9517615946_1bcf1e6964.jpg

9517613136_49e334ee7a.jpg

9514821867_86c802bf78.jpg

Here is a video to show you how this works :

capture.png

-----------------------------------

I hope you will like it, and I can't wait to read what you think of it. :grin:

Wow! The planning that must've gone into this is amazing. I think what I like the most about this is that it is such a unique idea for a MOC, and wonderfully executed.

*huh* Great work with this uncommon concept, I like it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey! That's cool! This is an original concept and really well made! It's beautiful!! :sweet:

++

Pilili Cuicui

ps: ok...now I can't stop singing "En passant par la Lorraine" for myself ! :laugh:

That is superb! Besides the awesome engineering that you've used to make it pop up the detailing on the pages is really well done (I like the hands as candles) and the outside of the Book itself is very effective!

Thanks for sharing it with us...

Ok that is just stunning. I can't believe the level of thought and design that must have gone into that.

Why is this not on the frontpage yet? It's ingeniously built and just jawdropping awesome!

Wow! The planning that must've gone into this is amazing. I think what I like the most about this is that it is such a unique idea for a MOC, and wonderfully executed.

Totally agree :thumbup: I'm really amazed at how well you got the pop-up function to work :wub: The crest is also excellent :thumbup:

Pure awesome-ness, both in the idea and the execution.

It's amazing! The MOC on its own, I mean the depicted story, is wonderfully done with many details. But all together being in a foldable book - that's simply fantastic! The book details, with the straps, and flag as a page marker are very creative! Great job!

This is a fantastic MOC!!! Fantastic idea executed perfectly. The detail you have managed to fit into this incredibly intricate design is absolutely astounding!! :wub:

Congratulations and good luck for the competition, which I'm sure you will win with that design! Happy building :laugh:

Edited by timmyc1983

Hey, how cool it THAT? A lego pop-up book, I never would've imagined. Many thanks for sharing.

Joe

Wow!! :thumbup: That's absolutely lovely. :wub:

I actually have seen

. From the outside, though, that one looks not like an actual book but a LEGO product box. Inspired in part by that one, I've been planning a pop-up book of my own (a seasonally-themed one) for the five years or so since then, but I still haven't gotten around to actually building it. :blush:

Yours has some wonderful book-like details, like the flag used for the bookmark ribbon - I love that! And your cover is beautiful. The detail in the scene you're depicting in the book is also very well-done, and it would be a noteworthy creation even without the fold-out, pop-up function. That pop-up function itself also works so smoothly - very impressive. I haven't seen any of the other contenders in the building contest, but it's hard to imagine something that would beat this.

And thanks for the historical background information.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

As a kid pop up books use to be my favorite so this holds a special place in my heart. I have to agree with others in saying this idea is really unique and made all the better by how well you executed it with all the details. From the crest on the front of the book that originally drew me in, down to the book opening and the Lego MOC polling up, it was all beyond cool!