ZCerberus

ANNOUNCING: Guilds of Historica Book II: The Civil War

9495032007_01b63aa959.jpg

What are the Guilds of Historica?

-The Guilds of Historica is a fictional historical realm populated by five unique guilds (four of which are playable) in the realm of Historica. Participants build for fun and in challenges to sharpen their building skills, win prizes, collect tags, gain prestige for their guild (and themselves) and interact with other AFOLs.

What happened in Book I: The Revolword Saga?

-The four “main” guilds squared off to see which guild was best through the collection of “gold” awarded by judges through building and story challenges. The Guilds were highly successful and developed the building skills of many now almost legendary castle builders like Ecclesiastes, Soccerkid6 and Legonardo. Though the project was fun, it was also intense and may have been too intimidating to allow everyone to participate. The gold tally also didn’t always feel tangible enough and some members wanted to take a more active role in the direction of the story. With these in mind, we are launching Book II, a retooling of Historica. It will allow members easier access to the challenges and an opportunity to help steer the storyline in their guild. To see a recap of the official Lore of Historica, check out the story thread here:

Do I have to know what happened in Book I to participate?

-Nope. Any person can join the fun! You can choose to learn the official lore of Historica if you would like, but all the information you will need to particiapte will be presented in each challenge.

So how do I join the fun?

As before, to participate in the Guilds you will need to create a character and join one of the four playable guilds of Historica. The Four playable guilds are:

-Avalonia, the lush plains and forests of the West,

-Mitgardia, the snowy mountain ranges of the North,

-Nocturnus,the dreary but species diverse darklands of the East and

-Kaliphlin, the arid desert lands of the South.

This will be your “Home Guild” for Book II. These four guilds will have “Core Leaders” who have been empowered by EB with regulator like powers to help manage the forum, administer contests and judge challenge entries. The Core Leaders are:

-Avalonia- rogueang

-Mitgardia- Ecclesiastes

-Nocturnus- ZCerberus

-Kaliphlin- SkaForHire

How will Book II work?

-When a challenge begins, it will center on a civil war within one of the four guilds.

If the challenge is in your Home Guild:

-You can declare which side of the struggle you are on.

-You may be able to join the “story team”, which will help develop the struggle within your Home Guild, if your fellow guild members elect you by popular vote.

-You may be able to join the “story team” by having the best build in a “pop-up” challenge announced by your Guild’s Core Leader.

-If you do make the story team, your character will represent one side of the struggle in your Home Guild’s civil war. If your side wins, you will be the leader of that guild for future story purposes! You may also be allowed certain other powers and responsibilities that will be developed as the story unfolds.

If the challenge is not in your Home Guild:

-You can declare you are participating in the struggle, but you will be assigned a side to support. This will be done to keep each side balanced and allow people to interact with new members who are not in their Home Guild. If it would be against your characters attributes to battle for the side you have been assigned, you can take up an ancillary character as needed to participate in the challenge without compromising your character's make-up.

How does my side “win” a challenge?

-Each challenge will have three challenge categories. The three challenge categories will always be:

- a small vignette or minifigure challenge

- a size restricted “build” challenge and

- an unlimited sized “story” challenge.

These categories are designed to ensure everyone can participate no matter the size of their collection!

-To win the challenge, your side of the civil war must be declared victorious in at least two of the three categories above. The judging will be done by the three Core Leaders who are not in the Home Guild of the civil war. The judges will offer published opinions citing their reasons why a certain side has won each category. This means the judges will be accountable for their opinions and everyone will know what was considered and how their entries may have influenced the judge’s decisions.

That sounds good. Am I required to participate in all three challenge categories to help my side win?

-No. You can participate in one, two or all three categories, but you may only submit one entry in each category.

What happens if my side loses a challenge in my Home Guild?

-You WILL NOT be kicked out of your guild, but you will be under new leadership.

-The new leader may choose to have some fun at your expense, but your character will be allowed to remain alive and still a citizen of your Home Guild unless you decide otherwise.

Can I switch Home Guilds?

-No. You will only have one Home Guild for Book II, but remember, you will have an opportunity to build in every guild when the civil war is centered there.

I was an active participant in Book I, can I bring my character's history with me?

-That is HIGHLY encouraged.

Is there any advantage to joining a specific guild?

-Yes. Nocturnus is awesome. Join that one. Nocturnus had the fewest active members in Book I and as a result, the civil war challenge format will begin in Nocturnus and circle back to Nocturnus. This means if your Home Guild is Nocturnus, you will get to choose the side of the conflict you are on TWICE. To get us into the flow of things, the first challenge in Nocturnus will NOT have opportunities to join the story team so we can start Book II as soon as possible.

What if I want to build in this fantasy realm, but I do not want to participate in challenges?

That is fine as well. There are many adventures to be had, castles to be built, and trade goods to be sold in Historica outside of the warzone. You can help your home guild gain prestige with freebuilds. That is, any build that is not challenge related that fits within Historica!

Hey wait!?! Without gold assigned for challenges, how will these freebuilds help my Home Guild?

Freebuilds will still earn your Home Guild gold. Freebuilds submitted from September 1st through one month after the final challenge deadline will earn gold for your guild. The guild with the most gold at the end will win a special honor, and the builder with the most gold will earn a brick built trophy to honor their epic feat!

This sounds super-duper-uber awesome! Is there anything else I need to know?

-You're right. It is super-duper-uber awesome! Fair play is the rule and not the exception. If there is any form of cheating or collusion to influence a vote, challenge entry or ruin the spirit of fun for others, it will be dealt with swiftly and severely. The Core Leaders will have final say in game play disputes and fairness matters. We love Historica and want to see it thrive.

Wow book two looks even better that book one, and book one was awesome. :dsweet:

I can't wait to see all great builds coming out of this book! Proud to be part of the wonderful team of Historica's builders :classic:

I have to say I am anticipating some really great things for Book II and so far it has been more than meeting my expectations :moar:

Thanks for all the work you new guild leaders have put into this, it's going to be a blast!

This book two seems like it will be epic. The contest system makes so much sense. Big ups to who ever figured that out! This way seems so much more interactive. For reals, big up on that! Thank you, to all who have put time into this project and made it so much better and well thought out. I didn't think it could work so good!

Sounds great! And I see which guild colors are at the top there... :laugh:

Well, at least Kaliphlin's second. Poor Mitgardians! :tongue:

Sounds great! And I see which guild colors are at the top there... :laugh:

Well, at least Kaliphlin's second. Poor Mitgardians! :tongue:

Well guess who's got one more gold than you guys! :wink:

Edited by Infernum

Sounds like a lot of fun! Although I am tied up building for a show untill October but after that I shall take part in what I can.

Interesting. I may join. What skin color are drow, just as a reference?

Usually white. Not yellow... white.

Yes, many descriptions of them describe them as having skin color that is jet black, obsidian, or ebony in color with white hair... However, the images of them are quite the opposite, usually depicted as having very pale/white skin. It is very odd. Is the official mythos in Historica that they have jet black skin?