Sign in to follow this  
phoenixhawk

SoNE free build - Imperial pilot's quarters

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Decided to start the game/contest with a build of my character's quarters aboard the star destroyer. I used real-world aircraft carriers for inspiration and made a two-person room. I figured my character is probably a junior officer and would realistically have another JO as a roommate, so I designed the bunkbed and provided a desk, a small wall safe, there's 2 footlockers under the bed, a small container for trash or dirty clothes or whatnot at the end of the bed, a small washstand with mirror and lights above it and a small place to do some other business. Small, drab, utilitarian, not many frills; sounds like how accomodations aboard an Imperial ship would be to me. I also figured that since he was a pilot, he would have slightly better quarters than enlisted ratings, since pilots are usually accorded slightly better accomodations aboard real-world ships.

Chris

post-77152-0-88352700-1375805370_thumb.jpg

Another day of hard working eh, it seems your squadron is taking a break, we (the infantery) always do the dirty work, while you (the fleet) only come flying and blasting and thats it, back to your soft beds :wink:.

Another day of hard working eh, it seems your squadron is taking a break, we (the infantery) always do the dirty work, while you (the fleet) only come flying and blasting and thats it, back to your soft beds :wink:.

Yeah we even have to sleep on the floor sometimes, darn pilots :grin:. Great looking room though.

Sounds like you did a good amount of research, and it shows, because I love the bland, practical look of the room :thumbup: I think some kind of detailing in the walls and floors might make it 'pop' more, especially when dealing with a monochromatic style like this. Some grilles, some small sloped supports — little things like that that look Imperial in style, but aren't too obvious, just there to give some variation and avoid big stretches of flat grey.

Also, it's fitting and hilarious that Star Wars bunk beds have no rails. :laugh:

Do you want this free build to be judged?

I like it! I really do =D

Loving the bunk bed design.

You ground troops should be happy you get the floor to sleep on, if we die, or get injured, we're more than likely to disappear in space :cry_sad:

Sure, you can judge it.

They're big boys...they shouldn't need bunk rails lol. So long as the ship doesn't hit anything :-)

Sounds like you did a good amount of research, and it shows, because I love the bland, practical look of the room :thumbup: I think some kind of detailing in the walls and floors might make it 'pop' more, especially when dealing with a monochromatic style like this. Some grilles, some small sloped supports — little things like that that look Imperial in style, but aren't too obvious, just there to give some variation and avoid big stretches of flat grey.

Also, it's fitting and hilarious that Star Wars bunk beds have no rails. :laugh:

Do you want this free build to be judged?

I like the MOC, very creative. However maybe the top of the walls seem unfinished to me. Maybe use some SNOT or other details to top it off.