Redhead1982

MOC Passenger Train

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Apart from enjoying train trips around Europe, I'm not much of a train fan. However, after buying the red passenger train, and recently Horizon Express, I started thinking about a challenge of creating my own train model. I'm more of a town girl, so a passenger train was my first choice. I started on the basic design in LDD, and than added more details while building it.

9278839006_8249f35230_c.jpg

The model is loosely based on the shape and color scheme of the SZ 713-715 Kanarcek (Canary). I used pictures from the link for inspiration, however, position of the doors and windows were tailored to the size of the train base. There are several color combinations, including a mostly red, green stripes, yellow/red stripes, and some in commercial designs.

There's a IR receiver and a battery box included in the middle car, so it's a functional model.

9278930908_32c8f194fc_c.jpg

Altogether, there's room for 14 passengers.

9276136671_b1f6a6aaed_c.jpg

The first and the third cars are the same, and both have a driver's compartment.

9276118973_57410ed115_c.jpg

9276077611_2f8ce429c2_c.jpg

There's more pictures of the train from different angles at my FlickR.

Very nice; thanks for sharing! :classic: Are you sure this is your first train model? Keep up the good work!

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

Very nicely done, particularly hiding the receiver and battery, which can be difficult in a passenger car with a lot of windows.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. I'm glad you like it.

Yes, it can take curves. I was paying attention to this while building. Also, I didn't want it sticking out too much on the curves.

Love the doors. Can it take curves?

I forgot about it yesterday, but I posted a short video of it on my Flickr. It's not the best quality, but it's showing the train at various speeds on a round track.

Very nice! Do you have a video of it in action?

Yes, I'm sure it's my first (one never forgets a first, right? :wink:). Apart from building 7938 and 10233 with instructions... There are similarities with both models.

Very nice; thanks for sharing! :classic: Are you sure this is your first train model?

Very well done. Considering it's your first moc train, you captured it perfectly, both the shape and the livery. The best detail in my opinion are snoted doors. It's also nice how you managed to conceal the receiver and the battery box in the middle car.

The presentation in natural surrounding with track ballast and greenery around gives it even more realistic appearance. But interestingly, nobody commented on sleepers yet. :classic:

Great work and a lot of attention to detail. I think the clever thing about the doors isn't the fact that they are snotted, but the fact that the two tiles come together the way they do to create the look of a double door.

Though I'm more in to steamers I really like the design and color choice of this one. Great work, specialy for a first MoC. Personally though, I would have made it 8 wide, adding another 8-12 studs of length to each car. This would make adding even more seats possible too.

Nice passenger train. It really has the look of a commuter train. You did well with the proportions and the placement of windows and doors.

And I like the scenery as well. Although it looks like It is a bit windy there.

Cool train MOC, will it be doing laps of your town?? I like the colour scheme, they work well together :classic:

And I love the landscaping you've done around it as a side note :wub:

Well done and happy building :laugh:

That sounds interesting. My starting point was the train baseplate, but after a while, I figured that more detail can be included if I'd make my own base. Making it 8 wide might be a problem for driving, but it's certainly more in favour of additional detailing.

Personally though, I would have made it 8 wide, adding another 8-12 studs of length to each car. This would make adding even more seats possible too.

Unfortunately not, as I don't have a town layout. I don't have enough room, so I keep my houses on the shelves, and the train will go in a box for while, and will be used occasionally. But I'm definitely not taking it apart for a while.

Cool train MOC, will it be doing laps of your town?? I like the colour scheme, they work well together :classic:

Red,

Love your train and the landscaping that makes it look so real! Your trees are the best for sure. This must be on a mountain because the trees are so thin and leaning and not that tall.

Your train cars have lovely exteriors and interiors....another skill to add to your long list!

Cheers!

That's a really nice train, Redhead! And the landscaping is also something to be proud of.

The way you placed the battery box and the receiver with room left for passengers is much better then in the official red passenger train.

Scenery? Ballast? and your first Train MOC? Wow, it looks just like a utilitarian European passenger train - even down to the color scheme you've used. A great addition to any Lego town.

Any LEGO public transportation system Would be glad to have this beauty on their roster. Well done.

Bill

Love the train :pir-love: It brings back memories - I used to commute every day to school with one of those, we called them Kamnčan :D 

Edited by sveder

Greetings @sveder and welcome to the Train Tech form. It is always great to have new contributing members. However, please do not revive 8 year old threads to request something from the original poster or make a passing comment. Hopefully we'll see more input from you in the contemporary threads.